vulfy

Ammo can be repacked for different guns.

I just discovered this today.

So ammo and magazine are separate things in ARMA.

You can have same type of bullet, but in different types of magazines. So you would have same round for revolver AND 1911 but it can be packed in separate types of magazines. It seems that when you have rounds packed into a 1911 mag you can't use them if you are firing a revolver, HOWEVER instead of dumping that ammo, right click on it, and it will give you an option to repack it for revolver.

If I knew that, I would have been picking up all those 1911 mags along the way, when I had the revolver.

... the more you know.

Yep. This was a somewhat recent addition. Works for shotguns as well (to use between the double-barreled shotgun and the 870/1014).

Yep. This was a somewhat recent addition. Works for shotguns as well (to use between the double-barreled shotgun and the 870/1014).

Does this work for say Glock 17 and Beretta mags?

Just hoping they'll change it for DMR, AN FAL and M24 as well :D

Especially the M24 has a serious ammo shortage, whiles there's tons of DMR clips around. Same goes for the AN FAL... You can only find the ammo at chopper crash I believe, even though the gun is not that powerful (Or well, it is really powerful, but seeing the normal variant lacks a scope and the iron sights are not thát great you might as well take another rifle)

I don't know about that...

Rolling update 1.7.1.1 log notes:

* [FIXED] Converting magazines didn't work if you had MORE than one of that magazine type (now works as intended)

Just hoping they'll change it for DMR' date=' AN FAL and M24 as well :D

Especially the M24 has a serious ammo shortage, whiles there's tons of DMR clips around. Same goes for the AN FAL... You can only find the ammo at chopper crash I believe, even though the gun is not that powerful (Or well, it is really powerful, but seeing the normal variant lacks a scope and the iron sights are not thát great you might as well take another rifle)

[/quote']

Actually dmr can already be changed into 4x 5rnd M24 ammo.

Sigh.

Ammo can not be repacked for different guns. Ammo and Magazines are not a different thing. There is only Magazines.

That being said, in DayZ only, the team is working on changing similiar ammo types to different magazines.

Right now, the only ammo that can be converted is:

4 x 2 Round 12 Gauge = 1 x 8 Round 12 Gauge

1 x 6 Round .45ACP(revolver) = 1 x 7 Round .45 (1911)

4 x 5 Round M24 = 1 x 20 Round DMR

Does this work for say Glock 17 and Beretta mags?

The Glock 17 already works with M9 mags. The PDW work with G17 and M9 mags.