Sign in to follow this  
kaidan

add vss to the game

very nice weapon for the game and chernarus map' date=' do not agree?

[/quote']

*cough*

How about google:

http://www.arma2base.de/content/images/game/arma2weapons_Vintorez.jpg

I know, but not in the mod, that's my point. I want the weapon in the mod.

Redundant point. I think they should add ALL soviet weapons that are already present in the game.

that would be amazing

I was going to make the same thread but fortunately used search before.

What I have to add is that VSS Vintorez is a weapon with prominent aura surrounding it among gaming crowd, at least here in Russia. It is well known and often considered to be a weapon of the best special units out there, elite weapon. Make it extremely rare, even small chance to wield it would add a lot to player experience, at least for some of us. I myself would irrationally prefer it over M107 any day, even though I fully realize that M107 is much better weapon for my play style.

As for it being a suppressed sniper rifle "like we don't already have an issue with snipers" - as some might say, well, it is not that precise beyond 200 meters nor very powerful with it's subsonic ammunition, wouldn't pose a threat to game balance.

I'd also like to see this weapon i the game, as a really rare spawn

maybe just let there be a slightest chance (talking 0,01%chance or similar) for a random weapon of arma 2 to spawn, with three mags , and only in military spawns

I would have to agree, it would add a slight variety between the other rifles, and above some good points are made regarding the weapons balance.

I once suggested adding that gun, but vipeax went pissy about how it would ruin the combat type they are trying to set up.

that's good to know that most would like to see this weapon in the mod

Nope, rather remove tons of guns. Also not a fan of just wanting to see some guns in the mod just because they are nice, there are many nice guns - but adding them would have no purpose.

Not adding / removing them doesn't have a purpose either. I like there being more than just "pistol", "shotgun", "rifle", and "car" in this game. It adds depth, adds challenge because of the difficulty in finding ammo (that's why I own all NATO ammunition type weapons, because when the fan gets hit 7.62 will be more common than .300 Winchester Magnum Or .276 Whateversby any day).

VSS ammo, 9x39mm (right?) IS extremely rare. I'm not aware of any other weapon in the world that fires it. Thus, it would make a nice Heli site weapon.

They assume it would unbalance the game? Wha about the FAL with starlight scope? It lets you SEE AND SHOOT ACCURATELY IN PITCH DARKNESS.That seems like it would unbalance the game hundreds of times more than a little suppressed marksman's rifle, that would spawn with an equivalent rarity, and yet it doesn't.

Not adding / removing them doesn't have a purpose either. I like there being more than just "pistol", "shotgun", "rifle", and "car" in this game. It adds depth, adds challenge because of the difficulty in finding ammo (that's why I own all NATO ammunition type weapons, because when the fan gets hit 7.62 will be more common than .300 Winchester Magnum Or .276 Whateversby any day).

VSS ammo, 9x39mm (right?) IS extremely rare. I'm not aware of any other weapon in the world that fires it. Thus, it would make a nice Heli site weapon.

They assume it would unbalance the game? Wha about the FAL with starlight scope? It lets you SEE AND SHOOT ACCURATELY IN PITCH DARKNESS.That seems like it would unbalance the game hundreds of times more than a little suppressed marksman's rifle, that would spawn with an equivalent rarity, and yet it doesn't.

I think it should be every weapon in the Chernarus army or russian army. are more m16 magazines that Soviet weapons, that makes no sense.

Edited by Kalash