Sign in to follow this  
purplehazetoss

How do you use the tent?

We have helping hands on NY68 if you have questions; it's a friendly server of sorts. But, the trick to tents, or my way, is to have it in your main inventory, crouch, go into first-person, target your feet area where you want to place it, when you get the "land isnt flat enough" message, tap the "s" key to 'slightly' scooch back a tiny bit, try to place, and repeat those steps until you get the staking the tent animation.

Only takes me a few slight back-steps in most cases, then it takes.

Yeo you point at the tent and either "resupply at tent" or gear, and pick up and drop things that you want to leave there.

If you put something nice in there, press save just in case the server bugs out and it disappears.

Not sure if you dont press save and die you might? lose the gear you put in since your last save? I always press save after using the tent anyway just in case lol.

the tent will stay there on that server as long as you live. I think it stays 2 days? after you die as well. Not 100% sure on the 2 days bit tho thats what I heard.

How to pitch a tent, visuals are always best! Thanks for the few pointers, Cik.

Cheers!

Kreaol , if the DayZGuidez is your channel then excellent work dude !

I learned all this stuff the hard way and really wished there was a channel like that when i first started.

Keep it up , ill be posting links from that channel for the newer players.

A "How to use your inventory" would be awesome for alot of people when they first start. :cool:

That was the next one I would be doing, and yes, the DayzGuidez channel is mine. I too hope to have just a repository of quick help videos that I will simply supply to newbs when they ask the same old question. Thanks for the support!

I think there are a few more channels out there already, and lot's of "Beginners" guide videos, but they are all way too long and boring. I am making short, concise, right to the point videos.

And if you have any other suggestions or "How To" requests, let me know!

How to pitch a tent' date=' visuals are always best! Thanks for the few pointers, Cik.

Cheers!

[/quote']

Great visual! Never saw that, but yea....was exactly what I was talking about.

Explained in the video: No, you cannot place tents in a building.

You can make blanket tents in bedrooms though and get in there with your buddies. Listen to some Twisted Sister, Iron Maiden and Scorpions while talking about girls and melting GI Joe figurines.

So I just pitched a tent, it was slightly under a tree.

And now its untargetable in any way. Cant save it, cant pack it up, cant put stuff in it.

Any help?