todd10k

Graphic deaths

If we're going for realism, the more you kill, the more hardened you'd become to killing, not the other way around. The soldiers who have killed the most people with their M4s and AKs, don't have bad aim because of their guilt. They have the best aim because of the practice, and no guilt becuase of the desensitizing effects of repeated murder

That is honestly one of the worst comments I've ever read on here, ever. Do you seriously think that after your third or fourth taking of human life the brain just suddenly becomes cool with it?

Soldiers only become killers after extensive training to the point where they respond directly, without further thought, to the orders of their superiors, and thus can even take another person's life in combat. However there are still so many reports of soldiers on the front line not even shooting their weapons at the enemy when they had them in sight, even when being directly aggressed.

Saying "more kills desensitizes you more" is not just a generalization, but pure, unfiltered retardedness.

Technically, the more you kill the more scents of people you have, so the more zombies that go out of their way to kill you :3 this is the consequence for killing so many people. If the people have any loot, then you will come unto contact with them.

For the long range killers, they could develop a certain twitch that will alarm players, also making noise randomly, alarming zombies

If we're going for realism, the more you kill, the more hardened you'd become to killing, not the other way around. The soldiers who have killed the most people with their M4s and AKs, don't have bad aim because of their guilt. They have the best aim because of the practice, and no guilt becuase of the desensitizing effects of repeated murder.

If we are going for realism we need to say (and a bit of history lesson is never bad) that in WWII nazies have devoleped the zyklon b (nervine gas) as "solution" for mass murder mainly beacuse many soldiers who where assigned to the firing squad in lager kill after kill beeing to show heavy mental instability, so INR you will never become "hardened" ti kill guilt, but this is always after all a game and i think that feeling a bit in somehow the guilt of a murder will be a great addition but still need to be playable so:

"AUTOQUOTE!"  ;)

a good system will be:

1st kill: 6 gameplay hours of guilt staus antidepressant can reduce of half

2nd and 3d kills: 3 hours of guilt status same for antidepressant

4th to 6th kills: 1 hours of guilt status same for antidepressant

After that any further kill has o more effects cause you are "finally" a true cold killer, this will force players to think twice before killing people just for fun (obviuosly all the hours of guilt effect are cumulative in case someone will go to hunt 6 bambies to remove fast the effect) and will force killers to take care of theyr life cause if they die they must pass again for the guilt penality

As last thing IMO a good penality can be an unsteady aim for the duration of the guilt status and as someone said a vomit effect if you go over 6 hours of guilt status (red status)

That's not realistic at all but it will be easy to implement, simulate a bit a guilt sense and give to our character (specially to the KOSers ones) a reason to try to live. Lot of players are asking for a system that make survivors that has lived long a bit of benifit, this can be one and i don't think make the game unbalaced (like different start equip depending on you previus life), put a marker good or bad over our head (Horrible), give us stat who evolve with the time (this isn't a mmorpg)  and so on...

Agreed, but up to a point. What makes us human is the unique, the imperfect, the emotion, the spark of life, and of course, the inevitable end. This thread is only talking about one of these points.

As i said, it's not the holy grail of KoS, but it's a step in the right direction.

I like your point of view but It's really hard (i suppose impossibile) bring the emotions of real life into a game, mostly because people sometimes play exactly to let emotion and real life out of games, so you can't force players to feel something for another player when they are playing DayZ as they where playing Carmageddon (let's wait cars to see mass run over on bambies)  ^_^

I like it, but theres already codkiddies who are filing for PTSD from playin cod, whixh takes money from Veterans with PTSD. So no, make the character do it.

slow choke out is needed

throat slitting is needed

it is known

I think it's a great idea! Make the player choose to abstain from KOS instead of being forced to by bad mechanics like the other ones suggested.

It won't affect everyone, but at least some players will be put off from kos in certain situations. 

This is a really good idea but instead after too many kills you need to them after youar FIRST KILL, it's indisputable that killing a man is something that poeple can't do so easly without psicological consequence. Story tell us that in hard time like wars or in a sort of apocalypse poeple kill after kill can become immune to guilt of a murder but you need much time to live with your new moral code if youare becoming a killer, so imo a good system will be:

1st kill: 6 gameplay hours of guilt staus antidepressant can reduce of half

2nd and 3d kills: 3 hours of guilt status same for antidepressant

4th to 6th kills: 1 hours of guilt status same for antidepressant

After that any further kill has o more effects cause you are "finally" a true cold killer, this will force players to think twice before killing people just for fun (obviuosly all the hours of guilt effect are cumulative in case someone will go to hunt 6 bambies to remove fast the effect) and will force killers to take care of theyr life cause if they die they must pass again for the guilt penality

As last thing IMO a good penality can be an unsteady aim for the duration of the guilt status

Edit: oh and as someone said a vomit effect if you go over 6 hours of guilt status (red status)

I think you guys are missing the point of my post. The point of the post ( and i do realise you're responding to another poster) was not to suggest a guilt status ala project zomboid, but rather create the guilt status in the mind of the player behind the keyboard. Maybe they'll think twice before pulling the trigger, as they just don't have it in them to inflict that kind of mental trauma to themselves. While i absolutely love how project zomboid implemented those mechanics into their game, they just don't fit into DayZ. DayZ is one of the few games (read: only ) to trigger my flight or fight response on a regular basis. 2 Years on from that first encounter with another player and my adrenal gland is still going 90 when i hear that crack above my head. It's on it's last legs by now i reckon. Theres zero other games out there that can do this, so we need more mechanics ingame that play on our own inbuilt processes.I think this is one of them, and for me, these processes are one of the reasons why i've logged as much time as i have ingame. 

Edited by DNolan