Sign in to follow this  
Skyelur

Server list glitchy

Hello, so I recently changed routers and since then, my server list has been whacky

Sometimes I would get NO servers, or the really random servers would show up (max 10)

It's not my connection I know for a fact cause 1000 ping still doesn't work.

I tried searching for solutions, but everything was outdated and says it's something with steam, but my friends don't have this issue.

What brand/model of router?

inb4 netgear

What's wrong with Netgear? We've had it for several years, and no problems so far.

What's wrong with Netgear? We've had it for several years, and no problems so far.

Default config screws up a lot of things, like SIP communications. Not sure if that's his issue or not, hence why I asked.

Default config screws up a lot of things, like SIP communications. Not sure if that's his issue or not, hence why I asked.

As a matter of fact, it is netgear any suggestions?

Edited by Skyelur

Any feedback/ suggestions would be helpful for this is getting extremely annoying having to refresh the page for 20 minutes trying to get a high pop server to show up.

You can sign in to the firmware and just start disabling things until you get it, but I would recommend setting up a DMZ. When I was on the server list I was seeing requests on TCP 51137 51138 and 51144 so that should give you a general idea of the range to DMZ.

You can sign in to the firmware and just start disabling things until you get it, but I would recommend setting up a DMZ. When I was on the server list I was seeing requests on TCP 51137 51138 and 51144 so that should give you a general idea of the range to DMZ.

DONT set up a DMZ unless you know what you are doing, basicly you are giving the entire world acces to your PC, through the DMZ mate.

And theres no range on a DMZ, at least not when it comes to ports, its purely IP based and it basicly opens all ports, to the selected IP.

I would recommend updating your firmware to the latest version and have a look at the router settings.

Stuff like Anti-DDOS can make this happen and can safely be disabled, as private DDOS attack are very very rare.

But a DMZ is a last resort tbh, it will leave your computer defenseless against "intruders".

EDIT:

You can also make sure the game is allowed in your firewall, dunno if you are using Windows, some other software or your firewall is build into the router.

Edited by Byrgesen

DONT set up a DMZ unless you know what you are doing, basicly you are giving the entire world acces to your PC, through the DMZ mate.

And theres no range on a DMZ, at least not when it comes to ports, its purely IP based and it basicly opens all ports, to the selected IP.

I would recommend updating your firmware to the latest version and have a look at the router settings.

Stuff like Anti-DDOS can make this happen and can safely be disabled, as private DDOS attack are very very rare.

But a DMZ is a last resort tbh, it will leave your computer defenseless against "intruders".

EDIT:

You can also make sure the game is allowed in your firewall, dunno if you are using Windows, some other software or your firewall is build into the router.

Yeah you're right, I was thinking of port fwding not DMZ. My mistake.

Yeah you're right, I was thinking of port fwding not DMZ. My mistake.

Ahh i see :)

Yes make sure your ports are open in the router, some routers require it to be done manually :)

I do believe DayZ is using the same port range as Arma II and III does, it can be found here:

http://findports.com/document.php?tag=arma-ii

Ah I got it working guys, thanks for the assistance!

I actually have 2 routers and I reset the non netgear one and it's working ! :)