I got shot in the chest with 7.62x54 while wearing all ruined items. I lived, but it literally went through my vest, shirt, backpack, and ruined ~5 items in each layer.

I'm thinking pristine items might protect your loot better.

Edited by hotcakes

Who said I thought the player was hostile? If I did I would have shot him immediately, not risked getting close to him. Giving someone a "gift" and then hacking them apart is for fun not self-defense, as well as to take their gear. It has nothing to do with being intimated by someone.

"Giving someone a "gift" and then hacking them apart is for fun not self-defense, as well as to take their gear." I think you're playing the game wrong. If killing other players who are looking to have fun and help give feedback to the developers to make this game better for everyone who experiences it is enjoyable to you, then you're not helping anybody.

Edited by smorisson28

"Giving someone a "gift" and then hacking them apart is for fun not self-defense, as well as to take their gear." I think you're playing the game wrong. If killing other players who are looking to have fun and help give feedback to the developers to make this game better for everyone who experiences it is enjoyable to you, then you're not helping anybody.

...so because I'm a bandit half the time that makes his banditry more fun than wussy KoS, I'm the problem? I give feedback to the developers all the time. I'm in the suggestion threads and the bug reports. I try to help other users on here all the time, as well. My play style doesn't hurt the game in any way.