Sedated Dreamer

Do you ever feel guilty for shooting on site?

I cannot count the times that I have run up on another survivor and shot them in the face, only because I was scared, and dont trust anyone. Do you survivors ever also feel guilty for these "oh shit" murders?

Better than shooting off site; at least your victims get worker's comp.

If you feel guilty about it, don't do it. If your aren't willing to stop doing it, there isn't much point in feeling guilty.

I do feel some remorse, yes. Only because I've pretty much devolved into what many players consider the scum of the game.

But realistically, I have my reasons for doing so. I've been shot in the back multiple times by my supposed 'allies', so maybe I harbor a few grudges. I only trust those in TeamSpeak with me.

Never even gotten a chance to use Direct chat. No reason to approach and chance a bullet to the brain at 80m when I can zero in from about 300m and not have the possibility of dying.

No. I don't hunt or committ banditry, but if I point my gun at someone, I intend to use it for a justified means. No looking back afterwards.

My first kill, i was devestated, even though i was avenging my brother. Was like i actually murdered someone in real life, my Fiancé asked if i was alright because i was so messed up.

My second kill? I didnt even blink.

My third kill? I was flashing red starving and thirsty. My first murder.

My fourth? He shot me at point blank range with a mak, i returned fire with a revolver, i was more concerned about robbing his corpse of a bandage and outrunning the zombies.

Rarely do I feel guilty. Most ppl I fire at on sight look suspicious to me anyways.

My first kill' date=' i was devestated, even though i was avenging my brother. Was like i actually murdered someone in real life, my Fiancé asked if i was alright because i was so messed up.

My second kill? I didnt even blink.

My third kill? I was flashing red starving and thirsty. My first murder.

My fourth? He shot me at point blank range with a mak, i returned fire with a revolver, i was more concerned about robbing his corpse of a bandage and outrunning the zombies.

[/quote']

Damn dude, I wish I could get as "into" this game as you do.I mean that in the most sincere way.

I have a hard time getting into this game because NO ONE is ever friendly and it pisses me off ( and whenever they do say they are friendly, they just shoot me in the back.), so I am shooting people on sight as well. Sorry if there are friendlies who play.

I felt guilty a few times, when I realise I shot the wrong person during a gun fight.

But you know, most bandits don't care who they shoot, they just shoot.

Because this is a game, and no matter how much you will try to make it 'realistic," people will not roleplay a real-life situation.

I felt like shit when I committed my first murder, and it was a legit murder mainly out of frustration, we had even been helping each other for a while in the Balota military camp.

I committed suicide against some zeds after I murdered the guy.

After that shooting players has become really easy.

I have felt guilty one time, out of many player kills. It shouldn't be surprising that most people you encounter are in fact bandits whom have murdered at one point or another.

A player with a Lee Enfield ran up on me and my buddy while we were looting the hospital in Elektro.. I knew he had only seen me, so I ducked behind the corner and told my buddy whom was still in the hospital to take him out. -- At that time I hadn't seen his gear, I only saw him sprinting at us.

After we dropped him, we saw that he disconnected the server shortly after (I was thinking we might have been the only players he had seen during his game play, and go figure we killed him (Only 11 players on the server at that time)), and upon inspection of his equipment and supplies it was evident he had been in game for at most an hour. Anyhow, I did feel bad about it, but you are always better off safe than sorry on your 10+ Days survived characters.

If you do approach someone, walk if you can, also make sure your weapon is down, and not pointed straight at them -- people usually end up dead that way, last I checked.

I do, yeah.

I spent the majority of my time at first trying to be friendly, which seemed to work out OK a good portion of the time.

And then things started to change, and most people I encountered shot/killed me without warning, so I stopped trying to be friendly with anyone... I basically stopped trying to interact with anyone, other than the occasional time if I already had some "chat time" with someone in Side Chat.

Now side chat is gone, and so I never even attempt to be friendly with anyone.

I don't hunt people at all... I'm not a bandit-type player... I still try to avoid people, but if I do encounter someone, I basically will try to shoot first and ask questions later.

I've only actually killed 3 players the entire time I've played.

1st one, I was climbing up a Firehall stairway, and realized someone was above me. I got nervous, and as soon as I saw them coming down the stairs from the floor above me, I put 6 or 7 Mak rounds into their legs and killed them. No idea if they knew I was there or not. I felt a HUGE adrenaline rush, and no guilt that time.

2nd one, I was wandering in the middle of no where, and saw a player booking it across an open field a good 400 meters ahead of me. For some reason I decided to try to catch up to him, and then out of the blue, I saw him in the woods ahead of me, coming my direction. I hid behind a tree, leaned out, and shot him down, I know he didn't see me. I felt guilty that time, as I really had no reason to be going toward him at all.

3rd time was just a couple nights ago, I was running across an open area outside of Msta, and came to a slope, and saw another player at the top of the ridge, running on what looked like an intercept path with me. I proned, and so did he. I out-waited him, he got up, and continued running toward where I would have been going. I followed at a safe distance, saw him go into some bushes, and then came back out and was looking around. I am pretty confident that he was looking/hunting for me, as it was too much to be a coincidence that he was searching pretty much exactly where I was headed to. So I came up behind him and shot him in the noodle. Even that time, despite me being pretty confident that he was hunting me, I still felt guilty... primarily because I really had no way of knowing what his intentions were. I wasn't about to Direct Chat him, because that would have let him know I was there, watching him, and would have taken away my advantage.

Which is the problem with the difficult communication in the game... it's impossible to contact anyone without letting them know that you are, basically, RIGHT beside them... which makes people hesitant to do it... which makes everyone want to shoot first, despite the fact that many might be perfectly willing to cooperate given the chance.

The prevalence of 3rd party chat among groups makes it tough too, as they are communicating, while us poor solo players (lol) are not.

Im friendly in almost all encounters, i've been playing this for i dunno, maybe 2 weeks now. Not been counting. But only 4 kills, 3 against those who either shot first, or was a bandit i killed who respawned to try and kill me with his Makarov.

I've been in situations where im unconscious on the floor, bleeding out, and a team of 4 drive off the zombies, and defend me while one of them patched me up. I helped them out when i woke up, ammo for them as repayment for the shells they fired saving me.

This team of four were complete strangers who risked their virtual lives, and sweet virtual loot, so save a complete stranger who was defenseless. Moments like that make it hard to kill any person you find on sight. I usually state that i am there, i am friendly, and that i am going to leave. Think i scared the crap out of some people who see me and flee for cover. And i hope that i let them sigh in relief when i give them space.

I have had some bad bandit moments, usually snipers who kill me just before i save my team mates with broken legs and low blood. But i have made more friends then i have died, more friendly encounters then i have had days playing this game.

Killing is usually wrong for me, would rather die sticking to my ways. Only kill out of necessity or defense. Every time you kill, you snuff out a possibly great video game experience in the interests of playing it safe. I think i would rather take the risk and lose my shit knowing i did it with good intentions.

First time I murdered someone I felt kinda awkward, but then I realized it was a video game.

I would continue to commit 40 murders with that same character before I died.

I generally don't shoot on sight anymore. I love the tension of approaching someone and trying to communicate. The social aspects of the game are hell of a lot more dynamic than the shooting. (and the shooting is pretty damn dynamic.)

Only if I've tried to talk to them. Yesterday I snuck up on some sniper hiding in a tree overwatching his buddy on the NEAF. I was literally breathing down his neck with how close I was. I told him not to move, I didn't want to kill him. He starts frantically looking around trying to find me, as soon as he looks at me I unload 16 SAW bullets into his body. I tried to warn him.

First time I murdered someone I felt kinda awkward' date=' but then I realized it was a video game.

I would continue to commit 40 murders with that same character before I died.

I generally don't shoot on sight anymore. I love the tension of approaching someone and trying to communicate. The social aspects of the game are hell of a lot more dynamic than the shooting. (and the shooting is pretty damn dynamic.)

[/quote']

People with the same mentality as yours is what makes this game a shoot on sight deathmatch.

After you commit those 40 murders, those 40 people overtime begin to act the same way.

"Eh, it's just a game, who cares right?" While this game tries to be as realistic as it can to portray human survival.

Still waiting for an enhanced kharma system that would be yet subtle and very effecient at punishing bandits / murderers.

I do a little but after getting shot so many times for no reason or getting double crossed a couple times. If someone wonders into were I am hiding I will shoot.

Yeah, huge adrenaline rushes when there are build ups before a kill i think. First kill we pincer attacked to avenge my brother, quietly walking in, lining up the sights, hoping to god he doesnt move.

Massive adrenaline rush, hard to get rid of it.

2nd and 3rd, no build up at all. I saw the name of guy thanking me was same as bandit i just killed a minute ago *bang*, i needed food *bang*

4th, he literally shot me, and i probably would have shot anyway because he was blocking the only doorway not filled with zombies.

There was one other, a friend of mine walked into the back room of the supermarket and was killed by someone waiting in there, could have been a scumbag bandit, could have been a frightened survivor who just wanted us to go away. I dunno. But predator mode activated. Me and my bro started the pincer attack, he approached the front, i sprinted to the back, there was no way he could escape.

He disconnected. That was one of the worst moments for me, i was ready to kill, but i was not allowed the chance to even fight.

You never forget your first

Situational awareness is crucial to having a positive interaction with other players IMO. If you pop up out of nowhere you are gonna surprise them, and it's blast or be blasted. If you spot another player, get behind cover and try to communicate with them. I've done it several times (using only direct text chat, Arma doesn't accept my mic). Let them know you are nearby and you don't want any trouble, but if they come too close you'll have to kill them (or however you want to handle it, but that's how I do it).

Example: Entering Berezino, I used my binocs and saw two guys working alongside together and heading to the NW apartments. I then took a slow, careful approach towards the same apartments. By the time I got there, I saw one of them on a ledge outside a smaller apartment - I hustled over to the larger apartment right next door, got inside, and focused my gun on the door. I then proceeded to communicate with them. We had a friendly chat, and they said they were going on their way. No problems at all. But if I hadn't been careful, I might not have known they were there, and I might have gone hustling right into their building which would be deadly.

Yeah I always hesitate before a kill and I'm not exactly feeling great after a murder.

But whats neccessary is neccessary, I guess.

Too many backstabbers...

I ran into a guy crawling through the field and he didnt shoot me even though he had a pp-19 bizon and just said "Oh God" on direct mic and said that his legs were broken. I dove on the ground n ext to him and rolled around in circles and I gave him morphine and I left. And he goes "Youre the greatest" lol

I find the best approach for a friendly time, is to state that you are there, you do not want a fight, and that you are leaving, and do not want to trouble them.

It was worked many times, even when i spawned into the supermarket and two guys were there pointing shotguns at me. Luckily they gave me enough time to sloppily change to direct, cos spawn on group channel