Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jizz

An Affluent/Historic town or small city

Anyone here been to the Czech Republic (other than the obvious folks)? Anyone think Prague would be a badass place to carry on the game? Well keep dreaming, I bet that's a designer's nightmare!!

What I believe to be very possible is an affluent suburb, perhaps up to the north for a little different sort of feel..

Cesky_Krumlov2.jpg

CeskyKrumlov-33.jpg

krumlov.jpg

This is Český Krumlov (pronounced "Chesky Krumloff" for my fellow North Americans).  It is a beautiful example of traditional, historic Bohemian architecture and style that escaped the monolithic grey, industrial monotony of the soviet occupation.  Though it fell into disrepair during that time, the Czech government has spared no expense restoring it to its former glory.

In lieu of the perceived monotony of many of the rural villages and industrial towns (which is accurate and not to be changed), what if some future development gave us a facsimile of what I've pictured above? It could have its own character, a unique old-world urban feel and perhaps a castle.  I think the designers have done a great job thus far; I'm merely attempting to add to the idea pool.

Cesky_Krumlov_l_0001.jpg

Edited by Mr Jizz
  • Like 1