Is anyone else finding the game really boring theres just no point to it. The loot spawns shud be alot harder to get items plus we need somewhere to store items if we need to. im bored of getting geared up for nothing when i have everything all there is to do is pvp and its just like a game of cod but in a big open world. Ive played for 80+ hours and its boring i dont even want to continue playing anymore.

Play less....it isn't finished....you paid for this....to watch it grow....not for a rich and exciting gameing experience.....that comes later ;)

• Like 4

Patience, content will come and it will get much more interesting. I've uninstalled for the while because I agree its pretty frustrating right now.

Technically your not suppose to be playing the game, your suppose to be testing the game. It's alpha after all :P

But that aside, it should be expected. The game's not even in beta yet, the core foundation of the game isn't done or even tested fully at this point much less throwing in the bells and whistles that are intended to keep people entertained for countless hours. If your bored, make your own fun; one of the perks of this game is it's endless and open to all sorts of player-made stories.

Start making a diary, or hell, find some well equip' enemies and on your own accord only aim for the kneecaps; refuse to kill but instead take hostages and set up radios around electro demanding payment or you'll kill them. Form a group and instead of pew pew PVP >kill all the fresh spawns< do something interesting and refreshing.

• Like 1

Play less....it isn't finished....you paid for this....to watch it grow....not for a rich and exciting gameing experience.....that comes later  ;)

Play less....it isn't finished....you paid for this....to watch it grow....not for a rich and exciting gameing experience.....that comes later  ;)

Yes, I had to quote it three times.  It's for dramatic effect.

• Like 1

Yes, I had to quote it three times.  It's for dramatic effect.

I think it could have used one more... you know, with a pause and sort of a epic theme intro. For even more dramatic effect, you dropped the ball on this one. Just saying.

@ the Op though, come to think of it in 80 hours though you can't possibly have explored the entire map, take a few days break and come back to try that for a bit. I had fun swimming off to an island and found a few zombies, houses and a water pump.. and a dock; just begging to have a boat put in it.. so going back there after vehicles are added even if it did take fifteen minutes of swimming. Still want to climb to the top of a really tall structure I saw somewhere toward the north at one point.. plenty of interesting locales to enjoy the view if nothing else. 

Get really bored' do something really nuts. Go out and gather a ton of paper and a pen and start leaving treasure clues all over the city streets all of them guiding people to one location you have setup as a sniper-trap. Cause why not, anyone willing to risk listening to a piece of paper claiming to be a treasure clue deserves to be target practice.

.. wait now I want to find paper.. bah.

Edited by AzrailCross

it's alpha is the only excuse left

how long the alpha takes in between meaningful patches is another story

• Like 2

try something different...break away from what you are doing i.e. if your a bandit start helping people instead etc

I think it could have used one more... you know, with a pause and sort of a epic theme intro. For even more dramatic effect, you dropped the ball on this one. Just saying.

I have failed you 

How can you get bored, I spend my time looking for stuff... see someone (sometimes) get shot in the back, start over looking for stuff. I guess I might get bored if I had a chance to live more than 20 minutes and get KOS.

I do find it a little boring after a while when i play by myself but with a few friends it can be a lot of fun.

yeah it's pretty empty atm, but i play it only few hours every now and then. especially after patches to check out all the new stuff. patience is the key. it's still in the making.

Edited by komadose

until vehicles are in my friends wont re-install this game.

i understand the OP's boredom.

• Like 2

Have you tried starting over?  I have killed my character on HC servers often just to build back up.  This is especially fun now that the new patch went live.  Zombies are harder, quite a bit of new loot types to get, new areas and buildings to see and loot.  Maybe I'm the minority but to me the journey to being fully outfitted is more fun then when I get that way.

• Like 2

Have you tried starting over?  I have killed my character on HC servers often just to build back up.

this.

i think looting is the most interesting part at this stage.

• Like 2

Have you tried starting over?  I have killed my character on HC servers often just to build back up.  This is especially fun now that the new patch went live.  Zombies are harder, quite a bit of new loot types to get, new areas and buildings to see and loot.  Maybe I'm the minority but to me the journey to being fully outfitted is more fun then when I get that way.

I love starting over, but then I'm in a constant battle with goddamn server hoppers taking shit off of the server I play on, grrrr.  You know, in a way the game kind of forces you to server hop.  Not always but sometimes.

• Like 2

I love starting over, but then I'm in a constant battle with goddamn server hoppers taking shit off of the server I play on, grrrr.  You know, in a way the game kind of forces you to server hop.  Not always but sometimes.

i can totally concur. especially when there are no vehicles yet. it's pain in the ass trying to loot the whole map on one server. i'd rather just hop a server once or twice... i would like to see that being fixed with random spawns and the aforementioned vehicles, though. i feel bad about server hopping :(

i can totally concur. especially when there are no vehicles yet. it's pain in the ass trying to loot the whole map on one server. i'd rather just hop a server once or twice... i would like to see that being fixed with random spawns and the aforementioned vehicles, though. i feel bad about server hopping :(

I understand what your saying, but I think it's crap you justify server hopping because gear is tough to get or not wanting to run all over the map to get it.  You feel bad because you know it's not the right way to get gear, you justify it to try to make yourself feel better your still part of the problem even if your a nice guy with a conscience. Not trying to bag on you, but you jumping servers because you don't want to run around from town to town is pretty weak.  Clearly server hopping is almost accepted practice or at least commonly done so your not alone in doing it, but it's still annoying to a guy trying to loot things "legit" when a server resets and you see a flood of people for 10 minutes then the server is stripped bare and the server pop drops from 10 to 15 to 3 in that time.

• Like 1

I understand what your saying, but I think it's crap you justify server hopping because gear is tough to get or not wanting to run all over the map to get it.  You feel bad because you know it's not the right way to get gear, you justify it to try to make yourself feel better your still part of the problem even if your a nice guy with a conscience. Not trying to bag on you, but you jumping servers because you don't want to run around from town to town is pretty weak.  Clearly server hopping is almost accepted practice or at least commonly done so your not alone in doing it, but it's still annoying to a guy trying to loot things "legit" when a server resets and you see a flood of people for 10 minutes then the server is stripped bare and the server pop drops from 10 to 15 to 3 in that time.

This.  I have about 2 HC servers that I play on, one of them is closing in week unfortunately.  Nothing is more frustrating when trying to gear up and you can watch this list grow and then shrink down to 3-5 players in a matter of moments.  Luckily I haven't need much of anything lately just more SKS ammo and maybe some medical supplies.  The funny thing about these hoppers tho is they always leave medic bags and food behind now, it's just ammo that's hard to come by these days.  

it's just so BORING. i know it's not the right way to do it, but i've already done it so many times (explored the map) so i just don't feel like it anymore until they add more relevant content.

then again, you are playing against hoppers, so it only adds to the frustration of running for hours on end just to find a can of beans. saying "don't become part of the problem" doesn't solve the actual problem. i'm not seeking the complete experience from this alpha anyway, since there's so little to do at the moment. i just hop in, and do random stuff for fun. the survival aspect is currently non-existent, and offers very little challenge, so you can hardly talk about "legit experience" at this point.

and yes, i would like them to make server hopping downright impossible after more content has been added.

Edited by komadose
  • Like 1

uhhh i need to take a brake from this game, for awhile i always ends up getting killed when trying to be friendly and give ppl what they ask for!!!

Like....plz need some drink dont kill me plz  - ok here some cola! - thanx nice gun you have - BANG......back to being a bambi again!!!!

(sometimes i wish i got the message who killed me so i can have REVENGE)

I play as a hero which still provides a lot of enjoyment. As their is a lot of risk.

this.

i think looting is the most interesting part at this stage.

That says a lot about the game so far.

this should be the alpha warning disclaimer.