Sign in to follow this  
Codeknight

2 Characters?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did some searches and only found 1 mention of changing your name not making a new character. So, is there any way to get a second character while having your first still alive? I'd like to continue playing my current character with my friend, but I would also like to be able to run around and do my own thing when he isn't online.

someone said something about buying a non-steam copy of the gaming to use a second character off of for that purpose exactly. I was wondering if you could just buy the game from a different steam account and if it would work just the same? I really don't feel like having more hardcopies

Dang, already spent $20 pretty much exclusively to play this mod (got operation arrowhead as a gift), don't really want to spend another $40 to play alone. :\

An option to load one of two characters would be a very welcomed addition to this mod. Though with ~30k players now that might strain the servers more-so than they already are.

plz don't make 2+ chars available

only 1 character. die to get a new one

what would be wrong with being able to have 2 persistent characters? If you have ever tried to align schedules with friends to find a good time to play a game together you know how difficult that could be. And if someone can't join at the time everyone else is with the current system they'ed have to trek alone to where the group logged off when they want to join the next time. Or, in my case, if I want to explore with my current character I wouldn't be able to go too far, otherwise when my friend is able to get on there's no telling how far apart we'll be, or even if I'll be alive.

I assume that if everyone could make more than one character, there would be quite the increase in bandits. I mean, if I had 2 characters, I would use my current one to play with my friend and my 2nd one to just kill everyone I saw because I wouldn't care about dying since I have my first character still.

Even though I like creating multible characters in other games, I don't think it's suitable for DayZ.

Make some meeting points with your buddies so you can log out/in close to eachother. You can die soloing as well as in your group, a great loss no matter when or where it happens.

Surviving is serious buisness.

I assume that if everyone could make more than one character' date=' there would be quite the increase in bandits. I mean, if I had 2 characters, I would use my current one to play with my friend and my 2nd one to just kill everyone I saw because I wouldn't care about dying since I have my first character still.

[/quote']

This!

Well since we are on this topic, can you get banned for having 2 characters? I mean buying and playing from 2 steam account for example?

Yes, Hesher, you will be permabanned and both your CD keys will be revoked.

Yes' date=' Hesher, you will be permabanned and both your CD keys will be revoked.

[/quote']

Do you have a source for this?

Yeah and player will make mules and everytime they don't have any room in their inventory they will log on their alt for more stuff?

No thanks.

My brother and I both want to play this game, we agreed to pay half and half for it. The problem is when it finished installing, we realized only ONE of us could play it and of course he got to because it's HIS steam account. Completely fair, I'm not arguing that. I want to know if I can get another steam account and completely re-buy the game from Steam without them banning me. I don't see anything wrong with it if I buy the game 2 times..