Sign in to follow this  
booklythegopher

any information on creating a dayz standalone LAN server?

all right so this is my first this is my first topic so don't expect much.. well where do i start well i looked up online :How to set up a dayz standalone LAN server: i didn't find anything of the sort i was thinking that maybe you can't do that as of yet when you click on change server on dayz standalone its says LAN at the top next to friends and favorite If any one could give me some info on the LAN server setup or if they will be adding in a create your own server with LAN in the future i would be most thankful.  yours truly booklythegohper

you can't do that as of yet

I honestly don't know if we'll be able to do it at all.

I honestly don't know if we'll be able to do it at all.

well thank you for for replying on my topic but i think they wouldn't put up a title saying Lan if they weren't going to lets us make Lan servers wouldn't agree? 

well thank you for for replying on my topic but i think they wouldn't put up a title saying Lan if they weren't going to lets us make Lan servers wouldn't agree? 

To be completely honest, Yeah.. Seems the server browser is just place holder because of the lack of prettiness. DayZ isn't meant to be played as a controlled environment, Half the thrill is meeting other players, such on.

I personally wouldn't mind if people wanted LAN servers, However I don't think your average PC could host and play a LAN session without catch fire.

• Like 1

I want a dayz standalone server since all server online are rent server. They all lie saying you can buy a server. Buying and renting are both different words and meaning. I have a 8-core overclock at 5gz pc and I want to create a lan and dayz server. I want my server permited and not just rent since all rent dayz server are just temp and will be offline. Why is that? They need money just to keep the server running. There are no ways to make money in order to keep the server running. I want to own one rather then renting.

i rememebered to read something arround here that standalone server being released to the public after the game leaves alpha or beta status... but i dont know if this was any official info and also cant remember the topic...

I would love to see dedicated servers in the future to fool arround and try stuff and play with friends. I dont want to rent a server for this if i have the hardware available allready.

Well i would love to hear if there is any official info out on this topic as well ;)

When modding is out you can have your LAN play. Either way a modded server wont have access to the loot spawning/distribution system, the HIVE.

When you want a original DayZ SA server you have to rent one.

Why rent? Problem with renting is that major problem with money management to keep it up. That person who rent a server must also setup a shop in their website or others in order to make even more money to keep it running plus it need a good business so the server can stay up. That mean that person need more players and half+ players need to spend money to him in order to keep it running. Something that person want something that could have bigger rams or bigger cpu running to reduces the lag and stress the server might have. Finish checking all DayZ Standalone server hosting, almost little of them let you all rent it cheap BUT at the same time, they also have bad review. Few good DayZ Standalone server hosting have good review but the price is HUGE.

I have 2 computer (One of them I bought build for server hosting only) and they both are build and setup for server hosting only. I am running in 50GB fiber-line internet serveries to my computer meaning that there will be no lag. One of my computer is current running a Minecraft server with no down/lag time. My other computer is current upgrading so it can handle more players and rams increasing so now it is current at 16-cores at 3T GB HDD/SSD (Current mount of two) running 5 cooling fans. This super computer is ready for server hosting and I want to test it on DayZ since I know DayZ will cause stress on server. 

No, you cannot create a LAN or create your own server. And you never will til the Q3/Q4 of this year.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

To be completely honest, Yeah.. Seems the server browser is just place holder because of the lack of prettiness. DayZ isn't meant to be played as a controlled environment, Half the thrill is meeting other players, such on.

I personally wouldn't mind if people wanted LAN servers, However I don't think your average PC could host and play a LAN session without catch fire.

Yes it can.... the arma/dayz server itself takes very little processing power.

The only lag i see on my server is comming from the SQL server loading in players.

Why rent? Problem with renting is that major problem with money management to keep it up. That person who rent a server must also setup a shop in their website or others in order to make even more money to keep it running plus it need a good business so the server can stay up. That mean that person need more players and half+ players need to spend money to him in order to keep it running. Something that person want something that could have bigger rams or bigger cpu running to reduces the lag and stress the server might have. Finish checking all DayZ Standalone server hosting, almost little of them let you all rent it cheap BUT at the same time, they also have bad review. Few good DayZ Standalone server hosting have good review but the price is HUGE.

I have 2 computer (One of them I bought build for server hosting only) and they both are build and setup for server hosting only. I am running in 50GB fiber-line internet serveries to my computer meaning that there will be no lag. One of my computer is current running a Minecraft server with no down/lag time. My other computer is current upgrading so it can handle more players and rams increasing so now it is current at 16-cores at 3T GB HDD/SSD (Current mount of two) running 5 cooling fans. This super computer is ready for server hosting and I want to test it on DayZ since I know DayZ will cause stress on server. 

Its the pipe between the DB and the arma/dayz server that causes lag/load if you put the db on one ssd and the server on a other so they can use their own bus you should be good. Currently the lag in dayz is mostly in servers talking to the master DB server due to them not residing on the same server/network i think.

You can do some optimalisation db query wise but its not a topic i want to get into at 04:00 in the morning  ;)

Edited by Massacre