Sign in to follow this  
Nonapona2

Modified Data File?

Hey people, I have a bit of a problem here.

So recently I have had this bug where BattlEye doesn't work, but now I can't even join a server no more, it kicks me and it comes up this message:

'Nona (my name ingame) uses modified data file - C:\Users\Jonathan\AppData\Local\DayZ\MPMissionsCache\__cur_mp.pbo'

Need some help please T.T Tried verifying game cache

I'd try backing up that MP mission and deleting it from the file. If that breaks your game, just put the mission back.

How to do that? :|

I am in the DayZ Standalone files but there is nothing called MPMissions etc. :/

I've tried re-installing the game twice, and it still says the same error, that I have modified a file somehow but it's weird that the re-installs don't work.

Really need help, would be much appreciated :/ 

You have reinstalled the game, but did not delete the file in question? If you reinstall, the appdata will stay.

Head there and delete the file manually and try again.

I can't find the MPMissions, they simply just don't exist. Or they probably do, I can't find them tho.

Help on how to do it would be cool! Thanks for the response though

I can't find the MPMissions, they simply just don't exist. Or they probably do, I can't find them tho.

Help on how to do it would be cool! Thanks for the response though

Also - this shows you exactly where the file is:

'Nona (my name ingame) uses modified data file - C:\Users\Jonathan\AppData\Local\DayZ\MPMissionsCache\__cur_mp.pbo'

Edited by kichilron

There is no Local folder inside the AppData. Nor is there a DayZ folder.

There is no Local folder inside the AppData. Nor is there a DayZ folder.

What OS you rocking?

Edited by kichilron

OS?

As you can clearly see I am retarded when it comes to this, I just wanna play the game :[

Edited by Nonapona2

OS?

As you can clearly see I am retarded when it comes to this, I just wanna play the game :[

Operating System. Like, your version of Windows or Mac. If you have a Mac... We might not be the people to talk to about this. Assuming Kichilron uses Windows, maybe someone else can help?

I use PC 

Windows 7

It has to be there, though. If it weren't, you weren't here. ;) It is necessary for Windows 7 to be able to run.

Try searching again and use Google for help - the video I posted should give you a hint.

Kich or Guppy, you got teamviewer? If so can you hit me up on Steam and you can do this properly, I see tons of Folders inside the appdata, but no Local.. My steam name is Nonapona1 

Kich or Guppy, you got teamviewer? If so can you hit me up on Steam and you can do this properly, I see tons of Folders inside the appdata, but no Local.. My steam name is Nonapona1 

If you type in

%appdata%

You are taken to "Roaming", not "Local". Make sure to go one folder up, you will have "Local", "LocalLow" and "Romaing".

Nope man I only have 'Roaming'

Like I said: Sadly, these days you will not be able to achieve anything when you're not capable of using Google. :)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/appdata-folders-local-and-locallow-are-missing-and/e865144b-68e3-415b-8a40-3214ddce59a0

Here, let me show you in screenshots. Will compile and upload.

I found the Local and the DayZ folder with the MPMission in it! But now what o.o do I delete it or something? error message: C:\Users\Jonathan\AppData\Local\DayZ\MPMissionsCache\__cur_mp.pbo

I have found that specific file , but im not sure what to do now..

Edited by Nonapona2

I found the Local and the DayZ folder with the MPMission in it! But now what o.o do I delete it or something? error message: C:\Users\Jonathan\AppData\Local\DayZ\MPMissionsCache\__cur_mp.pbo

I have found that specific file , but im not sure what to do now..

Head there and delete the file manually and try again.

It works! Thanks so much guys, you do not believe how much I have struggled with this!

Looks like BattlEye works too! Finally I can play the game after 3 days of solving issues T_T

Thanks again!

Edited by Nonapona2

EDIT: You fixed it, wonderful! Glad we could help, enjoy your experience in DayZ. If you need anything else, feel free to PM.

Edited by Guppy the DayZ Medic
  • Like 1

Hi! I've been having the same problem Nonapona2 had, but when I deleted the MPMissions folder and tried again it still wouldn't work. Any ideas?