$able

BattlEye Solution for "Failed to update" kicks

If manually updating your BEClient.dll (from http://www.battleye.com/download.html) doesn't work and the update keeps getting downloaded in-game something is obviously wrong with your file permissions.

To fix this please go to "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\DayZ" (make sure that you can see hidden files and folders) and delete your BattlEye folder there. After that the new version (that you manually downloaded before) should be correctly loaded.

• Like 7

I can not find this file path on my computer . is this specific to windows 8 ?  I am using widows 7 and I can not find an appdata file

EDIT: Ninja'd Nik21. :)

Edited by kichilron

I can not find this file path on my computer . is this specific to windows 8 ?  I am using widows 7 and I can not find an appdata file

"make sure that you can see hidden files and folders"

You can just google how to do it, otherwise just type %appdata% in the path field of the explorer.

EDIT: Ninja'd Nik21. :)

ಠ_ಠ

Edited by Nik21
  • Like 3

I am having this same issue. Tried overwriting the existing battleye file in the Dayz directory but it still did not work. I am now going to try to delete the file and patch this way.

Still having the issue, I even uninstalled the game, this is getting extremely annoying now. The thank I would give to the person to help me fix this would be insane at this point.

Edited by btw001

Yeah, I'm going to have to stop playing until this gets fixed. It's too bad cuz this is is my favorite game right now. Hopefully it doesn't take too long. :(

It's not letting me delete the folder because it says: 

"The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program."

The only programs I have open are Skype and Chrome, not even steam is online.

Thank you so much! I can finally play again after a couple weeks of frustration.

well i have this problem! ive tried deleting the game files... i replaced the battleeye but then it doesnt even open it, i deleted it and it doesnt open aswell, and verifing integrity of cache doesnt work either!!! WTF DAYZ WTF!!!

I broke down and uninstalled both DayZ and Steam. Took a few hours after reinstalling them both but everything works fine again. :)

• Like 1

Thanks OP, worked a treat. Too bad I didn't find your post earlier, finally get DayZ working and now I have to go to work lol.

That fix seems to have worked for Normal Servers but when I get on Hardcore I am no longer kicked for Battleye but now can't interact with items/doors/my inventory (or at least I can't see if I'm interacting with them, have yet to have a friend find me and see).  Also I occasionally see 0 ping/ bandwith from all the players on a server.  I'm not sure if this is related to the Battleye issue but I've reinstalled the game and it still persists.

If anyone else is having this issue after fixing the Battleye then maybe they're related

As of today I have the same issue. Won't let me delete the files, then also an error occurred saying that the file is in use by another program. Played hardcore all day, no issue. Now all I get is a swift kick :-(

If there's any news available about this, I'd love to hear it, this is getting really frustrating.

I fixed this by deleting beclient.dll and renaming beclient.dll.new to beclient.dll

Edit: It was definitely BE fucking up and not file permissions as OP suggests, marked the whole thing as "Everyone" and passed to child objects (beclient.dll and beclient.dll.new) and BE still wouldn't pull its head out of its ass. Beclient.dll file was also locked in use by Steam until I killed Steam.exe*32 so that be why.

Edited by Black Dynamite

I fixed this by deleting beclient.dll and renaming beclient.dll.new to beclient.dll

Edit: It was definitely BE fucking up and not file permissions as OP suggests, marked the whole thing as "Everyone" and passed to child objects (beclient.dll and beclient.dll.new) and BE still wouldn't pull its head out of its ass. Beclient.dll file was also locked in use by Steam until I killed Steam.exe*32 so that be why.

Actually it wasn't BE's fault if the file was in use by Steam.

Thanks a lot for posting those details though, I really wasn't aware of this. It would be great if others having this problem could check if their BEClient.dll (in the AppData BE folder mentioned in the first post) is in use by Steam.exe as well. If that's the case we will reach out to Valve to get this fixed ASAP.

I also had to shutdown steam to delete the battleye folder for a forced update.

Edited by Fern Baron

Actually it wasn't BE's fault if the file was in use by Steam.

Thanks a lot for posting those details though, I really wasn't aware of this. It would be great if others having this problem could check if their BEClient.dll (in the AppData BE folder mentioned in the first post) is in use by Steam.exe as well. If that's the case we will reach out to Valve to get this fixed ASAP.

You're right it's not really BE's fault that steam is locking the file, it's just inexplicably odd. I also should clarify I had closed out the Dayz application when I discovered the file still locked as well, but Dayz application had been running previously without Steam being closed and reopened.

EDIT: I also didn't mean to come off as I was harshing on BE, I was just a bit annoyed having worked on the issue for a couple of hours before I figured it out, even though Steam turned out to be causing the problem, not BE itself. Every time I see a BE global kick/ban it fills my heart with joy.

Edited by Black Dynamite