Sign in to follow this  
kiwi12

Player spawns and zombies

Since the zombies are faster but can still clip through all objects its really annoying to spawn in front of 1-2 as a bambi. Without a chance to hide the first thing you have to do in DayZ is to run away with a hungry character. I think some spawnpoints are too close to each other.

Btw why did they get faster? Theyre still a joke with guns and the "circle of death" with a meele weapon.

Before you change such a stupid thing try to decrease the zombie clipping or work on the stealth mechanic to make it possible to hide like in the mod.

• Like 1

Since the zombies are faster but can still clip through all objects its really annoying to spawn in front of 1-2 as a bambi. Without a chance to hide the first thing you have to do in DayZ is to run away with a hungry character. I think some spawnpoints are too close to each other.

Btw why did they get faster? Theyre still a joke with guns and the "circle of death" with a meele weapon.

Before you change such a stupid thing try to decrease the zombie clipping or work on the stealth mechanic to make it possible to hide like in the mod.

I agree with you 100%. Dead people should not be faster than healthy and fit man. Just doesnt make sense. And stealth is pretty hard right now because zombies can see you so daamn easily.

I agree with you 100%. Dead people should not be faster than healthy and fit man. Just doesnt make sense. And stealth is pretty hard right now because zombies can see you so daamn easily.

Thank god they arent dead then ;)

I dont mind faster zombies, but i do mind having to spawn and instant run from Zombies tbh.

They should either move the spawns, further into the "nothingness" of Chernarus, or make sure the player is invisible to zombies for 10-20 seconds after spawn.

• Like 1

Thank god they arent dead then ;)

I dont mind faster zombies, but i do mind having to spawn and instant run from Zombies tbh.

They should either move the spawns, further into the "nothingness" of Chernarus, or make sure the player is invisible to zombies for 10-20 seconds after spawn.

Entire spawn mechanic of zombies is terrible.

Why not have all of the zombies at the start of the server. Then those zombies do not come back or spawn, then after say 2 hours selected areas where no players are in have fresh zombies spawn in.

Entire spawn mechanic of zombies is terrible.

Why not have all of the zombies at the start of the server. Then those zombies do not come back or spawn, then after say 2 hours selected areas where no players are in have fresh zombies spawn in.

Because that would take the zombie threat level back to pre-patch, this is they being zero threat.

Having to run for your life when you spawn will function as a very harsh but very effective school of life. You will soon learn to take care of yourself or die. That or it will teach newspawns that it is quite easy to outrun zombies still.

• Like 1

Because that would take the zombie threat level back to pre-patch, this is they being zero threat.

I don't the zombie thread level should even be looked at until they can manage to not make zombies clip through the geometry, fix the melee, and nail dog the hit detection.