Sign in to follow this  
equeone

Relog and spawn as fresh spawn 3rd time today..

okay everytime i get geared up and log off, when i log back in i spawn as fresh spawn.. This is just gamebreaking for a survival game, i dont mind getting killed by zombies or other players,

og even stupid falling through the floor glitches, but the fact that you cant even log out without loosing all your gear is just stupid even for a game in alpha.. The game is about surviving and gathering gear, and when u start from scratch everytime its just a complete waste of time.. Got 400 hours in dayz and love the game, but this issue is soo gamebreaking that im gonna stop playing now.

okay everytime i get geared up and log off, when i log back in i spawn as fresh spawn.. This is just gamebreaking for a survival game, i dont mind getting killed by zombies or other players,

og even stupid falling through the floor glitches, but the fact that you cant even log out without loosing all your gear is just stupid even for a game in alpha.. The game is about surviving and gathering gear, and when u start from scratch everytime its just a complete waste of time.. Got 400 hours in dayz and love the game, but this issue is soo gamebreaking that im gonna stop playing now.

Is this on stable or experimental servers? On stable I don't have this issue but on experimental I do.

• Like 1

Yes its seemed to happen after i logged onto my hardcore character by a mistake, i logged off again and on to my normal character and i was a new spawn once again..

the 2nd time, i think had desync i logged off to try to fix it and i was back on the beach again.. 

3rd time as once again after i joined a hardcore server to play with a friend for a few hours, logged back and again back to the beach.. 

Im getting pretty damn sick of it, never had this issue before, but ever since the patch its been like that almost everyday, before the patch my 

character had survived for 1½ month atm, i cant even survive for a few hours and this happens, its soo gamebreaking in a gathering game like this, thats its just not worth playing it anymore..

And yes its on the stable branch servers and its happend twice for my friend last night too..

When you log off, you sit on the ground for 30 seconds to be eaten by zombies or shot by players. It is to stop combat logging.

When you log off, you sit on the ground for 30 seconds to be eaten by zombies or shot by players. It is to stop combat logging.

I know that, and that is not the issue at all, i always secure my surroundings before i log off, and always do it in a safe place.. The issue is that it reset my character and also all my ingame settings..

It just not fun anymore, gathering stuff for hours getting a fully decked out mosin, press vest etc and just loose it all after a relog, even in alpha stages of a game this shouldnt happen... and 3 times in 1 day...

Edited by Cellar

It just not fun anymore, gathering stuff for hours...and just loose it all after a relog, even in alpha stages of a game this shouldnt happen... 

Well, regardless of whether you think it should happen in an Alpha game. It clearly states that it character resets will happen. I understand it is frustrating and I'd be pretty hot and bothered if it happened to me three times in a day. Just, go play some other games for a while. Chillax a bit, have some lemonade and some cake,,, maybe pull the pudd. And, come back to it later.

• Like 1

Just happend again tonight, after i finally found the last attachment for my mosin (long range scope) i log off the game to get some dinner, 1 hour i log back on and once again im a new spawn.. Seems to happen every day now... gonna stop playing this game now, if normal mmorpgs isnt a waste of time, a mmo that deletes all your gear (progress) every day surely is..

Edited by Cellar

Just happend again tonight, after i finally found the last attachment for my mosin (long range scope) i log off the game to get some dinner, 1 hour i log back on and once again im a new spawn.. Seems to happen every day now... gonna stop playing this game now, if normal mmorpgs isnt a waste of time, a mmo that deletes all your gear (progress) every day surely is..

Try sticking to your normal server, when you log out make sure you are clear of anything that can harm you to give adequate time for your log out.  If you stick to one thing, rather than jumping servers where you may encounter issues you will find better results, this inlcudes remaining with the smae build rather than jumping from exp to stable.

This Keeps happening to me today. anytime I log onto any server I start as a fresh spawn even if its the server I have just left! anyone else getting this? I am not logging on to Hardcore servers

This Keeps happening to me today. anytime I log onto any server I start as a fresh spawn even if its the server I have just left! anyone else getting this? I am not logging on to Hardcore servers

I had and sometimes have the same problem. My solution just was/is to run a little bit with ur fresh spawn, change something in the inventory and then (before the server restarts) log off. Login again and check if u r at the same position. do it till it was saved. Once it was saved to the server it'll save every next progress (till u git shot or something...).

At least this works for me this way. Hope it does for you, too.