King-James

Cant play Experimental all of a sudden

Hi the Stable is running terrible for me. So i just wanted to change back to experimental. Steam downloads 170MB and it says DayZ[experimental] in my Steam Library. When i start DayZ i can join every Stable Server and my Stable Characters loads... I tried to restart Steam. Change to Stable and back but nothing helps.

Top right Corner it says Version 0.43.116315

The Server Browser says Version 0.43.116251

and when i join a server it says 0.43.116177

What can i do? Is there some Cache file in my Stream Folder that must be deleted?

I tried this now:

This error results from the improper delivery of necessary game files. Please follow the steps below to initiate a small download of the missing content:

Completely exit Steam.Navigate to your Steam installation folder (~C:\Program Files\Steam) Delete the 'appcache' folder.Restart your computer and attempt to launch the game through Steam

Doesnt work. I still can only connect to 0.43.116177 Servers... Steam Library says DayZ[experimental]

This time when i install experimental steam says Disk Write Error. Still no chance to play the exp. Version of the game...all of a sudden. 2days ago everything worked fine.

Reinstalled DayZ. Didnt help.

• Like 1

Stable and experimental servers are mixed together depending on your filter.

• Like 1

When i played Experimental all the Stable servers were blocked with a red X. Now i only see all the Stable Servers. How to find the experimental servers? I dont have any filters active.

So my problem is it says im on experimental but in reality im not. And i cant figure a way out to play experimental again.

Edited by King-James

When i played Experimental all the Stable servers were blocked with a red X. Now i only see all the Stable Servers. How to find the experimental servers? I dont have any filters active.

So my problem is it says im on experimental but in reality im not. And i cant figure a way out to play experimental again.

Up your ping filter. I just set mine to 9999 because i CBF to adjust it all the time.

I have exactly the same problem . It start a couple of days a go and i have no idea how to fix it.

I completely reinstall Steam, didn´t help :(

Edited by Karppuuna

Same happening with me. Anyone have a fix?

There is no fix unfortunately.

If you simply apply the version filter on your server list then you will notice that for the last week or so the experimental servers have been offline. The only servers that appear of different version atm seems to be the Devs' server and Hicks' server (v43.116290 - both obvs private).

You'll just have to wait and play with the current v43.116251 (which was actually the same as the Experimental version for a few days whilst those servers were still up).

Hopefully we'll get some news soon. No one seemed to ask Dean during the livestream at Eurogamer unfortunately :/

Edited by tatchell

Hi guys ive been wondering the same for couple of days, but Brian Hicks confirmed on twitter, there is no experimental online, theyre on the same build we just have to wait for new update of experimental content!

Edited by zenonek2000

Cool beans - thanks for the info, folks.

Confirmed as per reply from Brian Hicks (@Hicks_206) on Twitter:

"shouldn't be any exp servers online. Exp and stable are on the same build"