Sign in to follow this  
hitt0r

Bug's in the latest release

That's alright. Appreciated!

It's possible they logged out inside the building before the fix and are now stuck inside. I haven't been able to get inside myself and neither were the rest of our test guys.

If they do still get inside it's that "how" that we need to know.

The group I play with have been killed 3 nights in a row by people inside the wall of the NEAF camo building. On one occasion the player was able to shoot one of us, run to the body then return back inside the wall within the space of about 30 seconds.

I am gonna spend a few hours trying to find the "how" for you, if I do I will record it and let you know.

• Like 2

Camo/Jail building glitches still occuring.

Also players 'floating' underground in different areas of the map. Still occuring

• Like 2

@Accolyte

1. Glitch under hangars is only partly fixed - it's still possible to do. I've been able to do it myself while stress testing.

2. Glitch into the "Glass Rooms" in Airfield is still possible. Not been able to recreate it but seen it (both entry and exit)

PM if you wish further information on both as I don't want to reveal this on the forums.

Also, perhaps you are aware of this (perhaps not), after the update yesterday my game went to experimental but I was able to play on normal server but experienced a host of different bugs in the space of 5/10 minutes:

Players constantly stuck crouched with constant waving animation.

Players diving underneath top floor of building so only backpack is seen then emerging and standing up while an emerge from water sound plays

Players going prone and lying on their back and sliding around the floor (image link below)

I have footage of the last bug I mentioned should you wish to see it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=242491771

• Like 3

The group I play with have been killed 3 nights in a row by people inside the wall of the NEAF camo building. On one occasion the player was able to shoot one of us, run to the body then return back inside the wall within the space of about 30 seconds.

I am gonna spend a few hours trying to find the "how" for you, if I do I will record it and let you know.

Yes I can also vouch for this, as I also play DayZ with MartinD. A good few nights in a row, we have been killed by people exploiting the camo buildings. They were visibly running through the walls and shooting through the walls as if they were just not there at all. We practically watched one guy come running through the wall, loot one of our bodies and then casually run back into the building by going straight through the wall. I am unsure how they are doing this, as I was under the impression that this pbo exploit was no longer possible. But I know what I've seen with my own eyes the last few nights playing. :(

Not moaning at all, like most people here...just trying to give feedback so this can be stopped once & for all.

Edited by GeordieMarv

That is a known issue. We're working on a solution.

Thank you, got it. Will have it looked at.

I finally got my lazy ass outta bed and published the Arm glitch video. xD

http://youtu.be/GQ9kvGocd7w

1. Food @ 0% taking up an inventory slot and invisible until you exit the game and re-join. Known.

2. Can't punch if you've had a fractured arm after re-spawning or at random points during the game. Not sure what exactly you mean. Not being able to punch with broken arms makes sense to me.

3. People sliding across the floor as if they are laying down but are actually running. Would very much appreciate more info on this.

4. Huge surge in increase people using PBO hack's in airfields - not a bug just an observation. Impossible since last patch.

2. i broke my arm, and when i died and my new character spawned i was still unable to punch.

3. it's as if a players laying down animation repeats itself as they are running around leading people to think a player is dead but sliding on the floor (which has been fixed) but infact the player is alive and running around normally on their screen but others see him/her sliding across the floor at running pace.

4. myself and a few of my friends have witnessed that its still happening. players can shoot at us through walls but we can't hit them (not due to aim) as they have somehow hacked the PBO's i believe.

hope that helps.

Edited by hitt0r

My friends and i have died many times to desync since the last patch,i hope it gets fixed today as it is unplayable.My friends characters and other players i see go sliding across the map half the time.Another thing that needs to be added is a warning when a server is about to shut down to give us a minute to leave rather than dying to a zombies while you log out.

Hey Accolyte,

Got a short video of the gliding over the ground bug...

http://youtu.be/0v8zK77RdfA

Nice one!

I have also seen this happening lots and lots of times. It looks exactly like in the video.

A player is laying down and sliding along the floor at full running speed.

Edited by GeordieMarv

Hello All, probably repeating a common issue but I have a hell of a time swinging my axe since the update. I find I have to change to a gun and then switch back to the axe and even then melee doesn't keep going...it just stops working while zombies are gathering around me. It's worse when a few zombies get a sniff of you and you can't shake them or melee them. Is this happening for others?

I'm suffering blood loss at the moment. If they keep scratching me they're going to kill me.

Hey Accolyte,

Got a short video of the gliding over the ground bug...

http://youtu.be/0v8zK77RdfA

Hmm.. I'll check this out, although if anyone could describe how to get into that state, that would be great.

I finally got my lazy ass outta bed and published the Arm glitch video. xD

http://youtu.be/GQ9kvGocd7w

Cheers, friend! My colleague Kira was able to reproduce this and we've already assigned it to the person responsible for fixing this. Check the FT issue from time to time for info.

1. Food @ 0% taking up an inventory slot and invisible until you exit the game and re-join. Known.

2. Can't punch if you've had a fractured arm after re-spawning or at random points during the game. Not sure what exactly you mean. Not being able to punch with broken arms makes sense to me.

3. People sliding across the floor as if they are laying down but are actually running. Would very much appreciate more info on this.

4. Huge surge in increase people using PBO hack's in airfields - not a bug just an observation. Impossible since last patch.

2. i broke my arm, and when i died and my new character spawned i was still unable to punch.

3. it's as if a players laying down animation repeats itself as they are running around leading people to think a player is dead but sliding on the floor (which has been fixed) but infact the player is alive and running around normally on their screen but others see him/her sliding across the floor at running pace.

4. myself and a few of my friends have witnessed that its still happening. players can shoot at us through walls but we can't hit them (not due to aim) as they have somehow hacked the PBO's i believe.

hope that helps.

Will check the broken arms out.

• Like 2

@Accolyte

To find how to glitch inside buildings, you (as developer/whatever) should have some extra option to do this:

1. Enable some "invisible" mod

2. Fly inside building glitch

3. Jump a few full servers until you meet some glitchers

4. Watch and/or ask them how they do it

5. Profit

Please, i beg you, fix this exploit crap. Thank you.

4. Huge surge in increase people using PBO hack's in airfields - not a bug just an observation.

3rd person i do it also 

@Accolyte

To find how to glitch inside buildings, you (as developer/whatever) should have some extra option to do this:

1. Enable some "invisible" mod

2. Fly inside building glitch

3. Jump a few full servers until you meet some glitchers

4. Watch and/or ask them how they do it

5. Profit

Please, i beg you, fix this exploit crap. Thank you.

I have a feeling they would not necessarily tell an invisible entity how it is they are using an exploit to gain an advantage over other players. :)

That's why I'm asking around here ;)

• Like 3

Have a thought on how to get in there might be having to test when I get home, but most likely tomorrow :D

a few bugs i've noticed;

1. Food @ 0% taking up an inventory slot and invisible until you exit the game and re-join.

2. Can't punch if you've had a fractured arm after re-spawning or at random points during the game.

3. People sliding across the floor as if they are laying down but are actually running.

4. Huge surge in increase people using PBO hack's in airfields - not a bug just an observation.

What's a PBO hack?

What's a PBO hack?

A PBO I believe is a gamefile that can be edited.

These people are editing it in such a way that it is manipulating the game to cheat.

I have a feeling they would not necessarily tell an invisible entity how it is they are using an exploit to gain an advantage over other players. :)

That's why I'm asking around here ;)

Actually I was curious how exactly does the bug tracker work?  I submitted a couple of bugs for the new build but I haven't even seen an acknowledgement.  What do they have to get voted up to get noticed or something?  I figured more people would would have said something about the fact you can't put boxes of ammo into the ammo can anymore.

Hmm.. I'll check this out, although if anyone could describe how to get into that state, that would be great.

I have no idea how to get into this state... The people are either normal or they glide on the ground.

Actually I was curious how exactly does the bug tracker work?  I submitted a couple of bugs for the new build but I haven't even seen an acknowledgement.  What do they have to get voted up to get noticed or something?  I figured more people would would have said something about the fact you can't put boxes of ammo into the ammo can anymore.

To get noticed, the best thing you can do is write something constructive, coherent and to the point. Upvotes dont really matter. Don't duplicate reports either.

Boxes of ammo can't be fitted into ammo boxes anymore. That is intended.

To get noticed, the best thing you can do is write something constructive, coherent and to the point. Upvotes dont really matter. Don't duplicate reports either.

Boxes of ammo can't be fitted into ammo boxes anymore. That is intended.

*Sigh* That makes no sense at all to me about the Ammo Boxes since I own a few irl... but okay.

I'll just PM you the Links to the other reports.  If I'm doing them right then I have more to add on magazine duping, magazines being erased when reloading a gun, as well as ability to reload a mag while it's still in the gun.  I try not to post things unless I can reproduce them close to 100%

You can still use the ladder on the other side of the wall in the firestation

is the "handcuffing yourself when you apply a bandage/rags" bug been made aware to the dev team?

multiple confirmations, especially on regular, also i have video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNmMZIjNEno

this video also contains the "super flying zombie that kills itself" bug

and there is the "zombie headshots you" melee bug reported the other day

(edit: video says 4.2.x but i know it was 4.2.xxx315 aka the latest exp 170.7mb patch)

Edited by pacific_coast

Up NEAF again , no-one at all outside the ATC/Cammo buildings,i got shot 3 times, somehow they can shoot out of the ATC building through the walls and we/i can't see them. They did not shoot through the 3 windows due to the angles. it wasn't shots from anywhere else as they were immediately audible from inside the ATC.

Accolyte - how is it best to proceed in resolving this ? anything i can provide?

So, I realized that you cannot kill yourself if you roll off a building to commit suicide....because I just tried like 15 items to end my misery because of a broken leg. xD  Another thign is that sometimes on random startups my character will be missing random parts of his clothing. :/