droopypiles

The friends list in server search

Why is it that The friends list in server search shows friends playing in servers that are not my friends? they are friends of friends?

Its not just me we have a clan that one guy is only friends with me, but yet he can see the other players of my clan playing in other servers, and they can also see him, but they are not friends why is this happening? thx

If you're a member of a steam group, you see them as friends ingame whether they're actually in your friend list or not

Maybe this?

• Like 3

I've noticed that as well - I was looking for the server that my friend was on the other day and it showed that I had 4 friends on one server and one friend on another, he was the only friend I had on at the time and I only have 3 friends that play.

If you're a member of a steam group, you see them as friends ingame whether they're actually in your friend list or not

Maybe this?

I think we have a winner!

I think we have a winner!

except I am not a member of any steam group unless I have somehow been added without my knowledge.

edit: just checked the group tab and it is indeed empty

Edited by Elle

Why is it that The friends list in server search shows friends playing in servers that are not my friends? they are friends of friends?

Its not just me we have a clan that one guy is only friends with me, but yet he can see the other players of my clan playing in other servers, and they can also see him, but they are not friends why is this happening? thx

I'v seen this exact thing. Here is what I suspect, but can't prove. When you 'favorite' a server, it also put those players on the server in your friend list. I don't think it does this everytime, but I do think I saw it after I rebooted and the server I had just added had like 20+ friends, and I have never added a single player as a friend.

I'v seen this exact thing. Here is what I suspect, but can't prove. When you 'favorite' a server, it also put those players on the server in your friend list. I don't think it does this everytime, but I do think I saw it after I rebooted and the server I had just added had like 20+ friends, and I have never added a single player as a friend.

say what now