Sign in to follow this  
StaticPortal

DayZ Standalone Opens Up In a Clear Window

Whenever I try and open DayZ Standalone version it opens up and flashes a black screen for a few seconds and then shows the desktop screen. After a couple more seconds the screen flashes black again for a few seconds and then turns back to the desktop screen again, now you can hear the DayZ Menu sound like the trees and birds and the cursor is no longer the normal one but it is the DayZ cursor. So basically the game is invisible. I am not able to fix it, I uninstalled it and re-installed it and restarted my computer and tried restarting the game and all the things you would think of to fix it. The last thing I remember doing is putting it into Windowed mode and accidentally clicking on one of the resolution types. Please tell me how to fix this because I JUST bought this and would really like to play it! Thanks.

You can usually go into your documents and mess with a Ini. file. It probeb;y has something to do with the windowed mode and the resolution you changed it too.

Heres a guide on steam to help you along. its to improve your FPS as well

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216291078

Edited by Karatii
  • Like 1

The easiest way is to either delete or move your config files.

You dont mention what Operationg System you are using so I will use Windows 7 as the basis for my response.

Shut down DayZ and Steam completely.

Open the Documents folder and find the DayZ folder within - inside you should find 3 files

DayZ.cfg

<yourname>.DayZProfile

<yourname>.vars.DayZProfile

Create a new folder inside the DayZ folder and call it Temp - now move the 3 files you see above into this new Temp folder. Doing this instead of deleting them will allow you more control if you want to reverse this action.

Restart Steam and Play the game and you should be able to fix your configuration again. If you want to undo these changes - delete the new files created and drag your original files back out of the Temp folder.

If you are happy with the new files you can instead delete the Temp folder and continue with the new files.

I hope this is clear enough to follow. Of course editing the files to improve your game play is nice but not everyone is confident of doing this - remember always make copies of the original files and place them in a new folder so if mistakes are made you can copy the originals back and overwrite the faulty files.

You may wish to obtain Notepad++ from http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ and use this for editing the dayz config files - this is a nice editor and generally does not cause issues when saving config files ( it does not change the format / syntax of the file structure except what you change yourself ).

• Like 2