Draconas1990

Horrible starts after update.

Ok, so I have never played the mod form of DayZ before this. I bought the standalone version and had tinkered around a bit. Mainly i died of mistakes like high falls and running into really crowded zombie places. However, mainly I was able to survive. After an update a few days ago, I realize now that I can't even survive anymore. Where there used to be only a little zombies, I'm getting jumped by double now, and they all seem to be marathon runners. I try to sneak, they still see me from half a mile away. I spawn and move just a bit down the road and end up dying, because I'll kill one, and stop to bandage and another spawns right next to me. It's enough for me and my friend (who was fully geared before the update and STILL had trouble), to completely give up and almost delete the game. Now is there something I'm doing wrong? Or is the game now geared towards making it completely impossible for new players to survive?

• Like 2

I have no problem at surviving, I'm atleast not having your issues.

Maybe try a different tactic? ;)

im really annoyed by how fast current zombies are as well (thats what the latest 1gb update did), damn Usain Bolts everywhere.

The line of sight and aggro mechani  is definitely broken though

Edited by h3retic

When I first started to play the mod it took me many many goes to survive beyond 20 minutes. Eventually you learn how to be stealthy and avoid zombies and people.

I almost rage quit and deleted the game many times. But stick with it, you will get there.

In my opinion the zombie respawn is sucks u just spawn and there's like 6 zombies on you.

Your sniping on the hills 2 zombies spawning on you.

And when your fighting someone there's like 15 zombies on you.

In my opinion the new patch ruined the game

Idc if the zombies will respawn but i hate it when they spawn on you

Think is, when you kill one, it respawns let say, after 5sec on same place you killed it. So dont stay there, move a bit, take a cover behind a wall and then use your bandage.

lol devs should introduce even more zeds, x5 probably, so that you couldn't fire a weapon that easily, or run around inside a town, so that you would have to ask for help from other players.

For those who complain, is it really that difficult to figure out that you should loot buildings that spawn melee weapon first, once you have it, zombies are not even a threat now.

• Like 3

I got afire axe and I'm even pro with it but when I'm going to the airport i can't switch to my fire axe because it's stupid somebody can kill you while your killing the zombies and you'll die until you switch to ur primary.

The fire axe doesn't change athing

Edited by Angelone

In my opinion the zombie respawn is sucks u just spawn and there's like 6 zombies on you.

Your sniping on the hills 2 zombies spawning on you.

And when your fighting someone there's like 15 zombies on you.

In my opinion the new patch ruined the game

Idc if the zombies will respawn but i hate it when they spawn on you

Perhaps you should revise your assumption that this is a tdm/military sim type of game. It actually says "survival horror" in the Steam description, so perhaps you bought the wrong game?

Perhaps you should revise your assumption that this is a tdm/military sim type of game. It actually says "survival horror" in the Steam description, so perhaps you bought the wrong game?

I haven't bought the wrong game I don't have any problems with the zombies I just hate their respawn Edited by Angelone

DayZ Community: WE WANT BETTER ZOMBIES!

Dean and Rocket: Okay! Shut UP! 

*Gives them way better zombies*

Community: THEY'RE TO HARD! MAKE THEM EASIER MAN IT'S RIDICULOUS THIS ISN'T WHAT WE ASKED FOR!

Me: :wacko:  :blink:  :unsure:  <_<  :huh:  :| :facepalm:

Edited by Xenology
  • Like 4

Question, did the update wipe our characters?

Community: THEY'RE TO HARD! MAKE THEM EASIER MAN IT'S RIDICULOUS THIS ISN'T WHAT WE ASKED FOR!

Me: :wacko:  :blink:  :unsure:  <_<  :huh:  :|  :facepalm:

I definitely would not relate to a few obnoxious users as a community, but still it is quite ridiculous to complain about zombies in a game called DayZ.

• Like 1

I like the danger the zombies are bringing. However their agro seems to be broken. Sometimes you can walk right in front of one and it will not agro, than suddenly you can agro one from inside a building 400m away. If you can sneak past them and what not it will probably alleviate getting utterly destroyed before you can get so much as a pointed stick to defend yourself with.

I like the danger the zombies are bringing. However their agro seems to be broken. Sometimes you can walk right in front of one and it will not agro, than suddenly you can agro one from inside a building 400m away. If you can sneak past them and what not it will probably alleviate getting utterly destroyed before you can get so much as a pointed stick to defend yourself with.

Sounds like a normal Friday night out in Manchester.

• Like 1

I definitely would not relate to a few obnoxious users as a community, but still it is quite ridiculous to complain about zombies in a game called DayZ.

True and I concur but still I think there's a point where complaining about a survival/horror simulator in a Zombie apocalypse about zombies is making a fruitcake

Melee weapons are crap. They should make some weapons more powerful. So basically the only weapon you can easily survive  with is splitting axe and fire fighter axe. Zombies are to fast now, they can even outrun you. Still I would say there are little amount of zombies, but I would prefer slower zombies but larger amount of infected!

Melee weapons are crap. They should make some weapons more powerful. So basically the only weapon you can easily survive  with is splitting axe and fire fighter axe. Zombies are to fast now, they can even outrun you. Still I would say there are little amount of zombies, but I would prefer slower zombies but larger amount of infected!

i bought the game days ago and i totally agree. the zombies are way too strong.

the zombies are some kind of "super-humans" at the moment - zombies are people who got sick in some way --> that means they have to be inhibited in certain ways. they shouldn't have such a high intelligence, they shouldn't be so fast and they should have way worse eyes! also there should be lots of them more - but not spawning right in front of you! right now they can even see me through walls, when i am in a building, thats just unfair and unrealistic.

Since everyone has put their two cents in, i might as well too.

1. They are not zombies...they are infected. And in the IMAGINARY world of video games...they can be whatever the devs want them to be. 

2. If it were up to me...the infected would be similar to 28 days later infected. Fast. Ruthless. Simple. Only desiring the basic needs for survival. In numbers relevant to city size. Respawn is iffy. I honestly don't mind if they respawn as long as say...a player is not within 200m and in a certain time frame.

3. I think there needs to be more focus around being subtle and sneaky. Especially looting high pop towns and EVEN airbases. Give infected a reasonable sight range. Enough hearing to localize and find a shooter. But allow us to sneak.

But like all opinions, mine is open to scrutiny. Fire away!

Edited by Dkmode

Me: :wacko:  :blink:  :unsure:  <_<  :huh:  :|  :facepalm:

You seem to have a weird sense of pride in this game. It's for fun. The OP thinks it's not fun now that it is to hard to survive. And you can't grasp it. That does not bode well for you cognitive abilities.

Edited by Superhund

First Of All, Zombies it self are not hard at all. you just need a Fire Fighter axe to kill them. the thing that make them hard or a little OP is that broken path finding and Aggro system. they can't hear your foot step i guess because they will not attack you if they can't see you (Tested it even in 1 meter distance) but they have eye's of an eagle, they can see you from 2km away (joking but they can see you from long away)and that path finding issues make zombies much harder to kill.

about that spawn problem, it will be fix, as the devs said it's very early version of it. it will be fix later.

anyways, if it was up to me, i would like to make them Real Zombies (they don't exist i know :D) we know from TWD in a large number of them, like 100 in 200m or smth like that :D 

Ok so this blew up more than I thought it would. However, I'm not complaining the zeds are too hard. I can go 1 on 1 with fists, or 2 on 1 with a simple melee (Gardening Hoe) and win. However, after reading these posts, I wanted to prove my point and respawn in game one last time. I just respawned near a town and immediately went prone. I was crawling AWAY from the town and still got jumped by 3 zeds that "saw" me from in it. I get how they can see better over a flat area (who can't?), but if I'm crawling through a forest (literally crawling), I don't think the two zeds in the field a half a mile away should see me. What I'm complaining about is the actual mechanics of the zeds, not their toughness.

Edited by Draconas1990