Enderct

What to do with cheaters?

The overall problem for me  is that there are way too many servers... It is too easy to rent a server and put it online. Then of course it gets out of control.

Admins kicking "everybody" because of a suspected cheater (what about the 10+ guys that got kicked who did nothing?), a dozen of servers with "join = kick" in the description even though it is strictly forbidden in the rules post, people server hoping to the tens of 0-pop servers to get some high end loot, and so on... 

I don't think any of this is anything positive for the overall public hive dayz experience... 

As this is an alpha, there should be a limited number of servers online IMO, with proven and trustworthy admins. No point on having those 100 private-but-not-officially-private-as-its-not-allowed servers pop up in the browser....

Edited by ahmedakbar

today me and my friend we've meet about 3 cheaters

-One spotted my friend behind the wall and killed him

-one was  on berezino on the big buildings, from upstairs was shooting at me with a Mosin 3 floors downstair.

-another one killed me on the same  building, same floor, through 2 walls with an M4. I was on third person and not showing any part of my body.

I'm angry because after 40 hours of sweat and tears of well played game i've meet 3 cheaters within half an hour.

This is the line dev's gonna follow? Since now i'm doing as these cheaters doing aswell. What's wrong with it then? Nobody knows me and kick me out!

Edited by GunnyITA

Having it say in the messages who killed so-and-so would ruin the realism of this game. Say someone snipes a few players, but doesn't want them finding their name and coming for revenge. Maybe if just the admin could see who killed them and wasn't allowed to tell.

I rent a server and yes i have come across hackers the problem is there are no name tags for players,

so you have no idea who's hacking or who to kick

no chat in game so if players get killed by hackers they have no way telling the admin in game or even a name to give the admin

so the hackers just keep doing what they are doing and every player who gets hacked just leaves the server and may not return to your server and kills the game play

nobody likes getting killed unfairly by hackers admins have no real power to stop this

Someone on a top of a page mentioned Admin abusion, I just want to say (my mistake is that I didn't take any screenshots) we were on one server (German with German name) we were attacked by few guys on NEA.. Two of my friends was pressed down into one of the jails. Each time they peak there's like 3 shots on them from mosins. So I decided to flank those guys which I did, and I saw 2 guy crouched one next the other snipong on first jail, I managed to kill one guy, other escaped and when that other guy (2-3 minutes) was safe I guess they restarted server.. In mid time will killed another one near jail, apoximply 20 seconds after that they did restart.. Server was freshly restarted when we've joined it. Friends joined again on that server I joined them 20 minutes later now the fight was in second jail building, I spawned back on a hill where previously restart left me and saw those two guys, managed to kill one with mosin from hill 10 seconds after that mass kick.. whole server.. those two friends who were underfire got killed from that admin (they respaned naked on some random spawn).. I guess that kick left them in game for few more seconds enough for admin to kill them before their bodies leave the game.
I would like to know if there is some kind of log on local PC to see on what server we've been playing? If not, I'll just look up for server again if they didnt change name or something meanwhile..