Sign in to follow this  
joe_mcentire

locations of Chernarus - where does it need tweaks, additions or overhauls?

I've been to the location NE of Lopatino recently and noticed this weird scenery:

a train station with a huge courtyard, kiosks, benches and some trees. on the opposite the bureau building (or referred to as "school" sometimes). behind this building a huge parking lot with garages and some buses. near this location away from the roads is then the construction site building. Noteworthy is that the train tracks start exactly here with that train station.

Imo this whole location doesn't make any sense and is nothing more than cobbled together mix of buildings for the sake of having one location more to visit!

Maybe adding a bit more industrial buildings to this place or granting even some residental houses would be some reasonable additions. also relocating the construction site a bit near a or next to an existing road.

OR even think of granting Lopatino its own train sidings and getting rid of the NE location entirely, as it is not that far away from the location anyway. to me it doesn't make sense why, if the settlement has existed already before the tracks it didn't get is own siding and also if vice versa, why would ppl settle to the location of now existing Lopatino if they had direct train access in the NE location?

There isn't even any other settlement in its proximity not north, not east only Lopatino. so why? why would there be a train station and that whole location?

but maybe i am thinking far too much about this game.... i am just a "environmental-authenticity-nazi"

however: do you have such a perfect nonsensical example of an existing location? let's talk about it.

tl;dr:

NE location of Lopatino doesn't make sense and is a prime-example of unauthentic places, only exisiting for the sake of having many loot locations. i would like to gather the best of the worst and try to give reasonable invasive ideas later on to change them for the better.

Just north of that is a new town actually. It'll make sense I'm sure once they start filling in the map more. 

nevertheless the place looks like a mess imo. i can see way up north seems to be a new location in the future but most likely also with its own sidings and train station, just from the looks of the patterns.

Edited by joe_mcentire

What I'm talking about is actually a new village they just added in the last patch right next to the well that's north of the trainstation place you're talking about (014,033), it's not on the map yet. The bare concrete spots in the woods north of that is what you're thinking of indeed doesn't have any buildings yet.

Looking at the map now though, it kind of makes sense. You can see where the railway ends, and there is a bus station there for travelers/locals to get to the surrounding towns. Also it would be for military personnel from the airbase to travel to the east quickly via train (derp, I didn't even think about the supplies/trade that the airbase and towns would be getting from the port/station in Svetlo :P ). That highway and railroad up north ain't there for looks lol. Well I guess it is now, but you get my meaning.

Edited by Amias Free

It's actually a new village they just added in the last patch right next to the well that's north of the trainstation place you're talking about (014,033), it's not on the map yet. The bare concrete spots in the woods north of that is what you're thinking of indeed doesn't have any buildings yet.

Looking at the map now though, it kind of makes sense. You can see where the train ends, and there is a bus station there for travelers/locals to get to the surrounding towns. Also it would be for military personnel from the airbase to travel to the east quickly via train. That highway and railroad up north ain't there for looks lol. Well I guess it is now, but you get my meaning.

COULD only COULD make sense....god dammit! guess i need to delete this thread now! ;)

Edited by joe_mcentire

I've been to the location NE of Lopatino recently and noticed this weird scenery:

a train station with a huge courtyard, kiosks, benches and some trees. on the opposite the bureau building (or referred to as "school" sometimes). behind this building a huge parking lot with garages and some buses. near this location away from the roads is then the construction site building. Noteworthy is that the train tracks start exactly here with that train station.

Imo this whole location doesn't make any sense and is nothing more than cobbled together mix of buildings for the sake of having one location more to visit!

Maybe adding a bit more industrial buildings to this place or granting even some residental houses would be some reasonable additions. also relocating the construction site a bit near a or next to an existing road.

OR even think of granting Lopatino its own train sidings and getting rid of the NE location entirely, as it is not that far away from the location anyway. to me it doesn't make sense why, if the settlement has existed already before the tracks it didn't get is own siding and also if vice versa, why would ppl settle to the location of now existing Lopatino if they had direct train access in the NE location?

There isn't even any other settlement in its proximity not north, not east only Lopatino. so why? why would there be a train station and that whole location?

but maybe i am thinking far too much about this game.... i am just a "environmental-authenticity-nazi"

however: do you have such a perfect nonsensical example of an existing location? let's talk about it.

tl;dr:

NE location of Lopatino doesn't make sense and is a prime-example of unauthentic places, only exisiting for the sake of having many loot locations. i would like to gather the best of the worst and try to give reasonable invasive ideas later on to change them for the better.

The north is very sparse, and I like it.

I think you'll see soon the need for sparse locations with hunting and such, as a lot of animals won't be too common in the cities.

COULD only COULD make sense....god dammit! guess i need to delete this thread now! ;)

Well, you're view is still pretty valid, it is just kind of plopped there in the middle of a ton of fields, and just naturally feels out of place. However I think once we get some more buildings/cows in dem fields it won't feel that way so much.