Sign in to follow this  
ra91111

Graphics Visuals Rendering

I like dayz graphics they are not the best, but work very nice for this type of game  , however  several things bother me that did not change for good in any patch - even got worse

One is the processes quality - i really engoy the nice bloom effect but there is no option to enable it separately from the rest of the post-process effects . The radial blur , the dept of field and the overall screen blurriness witch the post-process puts ruins my visual game play-will there be an option to enable them separately ?

The ambient occlusion - i really miss the options to chose between SSAO and HDAO - ~I think the AO improves allot the visuals and the contrast witch is a bit low in dayz .Sadly with the latest patch the ao is liked to the rest of the post processes effects.

Recently iI started playing Arma 3 and i really enjoyed the visuals there , i would love to see more rendering features of arma 3 in dayz , what do you think?

Here are some pictures from current dayz patch and arma 3 editor with it, you decide witch is better ; )

qv3khg5.jpg

aA5uAh7.jpg

gKzslQm.jpg

X8GEsM5.jpg

If they lock blur, to hell with the rest of the graphical settings. Do what you will.

• Like 2

If i have post process enabled everything further than 100 meters is blurry as hell.

is this supposed to be like this or am i doing something wrong?

If i have post process enabled everything further than 100 meters is blurry as hell.

that's the problem...its's like that -  not an issue but really annoying , hope it changes in the future : )

you need to turn down your "bloom" and "motion blur" settings.

OR

you are low on Health.

the presiding issue here, to me, is that your Health is supposed to directly affect your gameplay via blurring of your screen and the shock blurring that occurs.

on Normal, one strike from a zombie and everything 20 m away and farther is not visible, and not just from the shock blur.

turned Off, players can take multiple shots and retain sights on their target. This appears to me to be a major factor for the game, because if blur and shock blur are locked on, warning shots or simply injuring a player would be a viable alternative to killing them.

I guess most people will say so or wouldn't care enough to bother. Thats my opinion i just prefer the ARMA 3 style of rendering. Maybe i'm comparing unripe oranges to ripe  - not the same : )