Sign in to follow this  
brazorf

Bury items

I would like, once persistent object are supported, to get a shovel, dig a hole and stuff items inside. Then cover the hole and let my items buried.

Would be nice to use some waterproof material aswell, slowing items deterioration.

• Like 5

then server restarts...
Btw. bury - will mean spawn new texture = it's will be easy way to spot it.

Edited by Electi

then server restarts...

once persistent object are supported

Not so easy to spot if i bury my stuff inside a forest imo

Edited by brazorf

Not so easy to spot if i bury my stuff inside a forest imo

When long range - textures get poor - easy to spot the line of new texture...

When long range - textures get poor - easy to spot the line of new texture...

No if object LOD (level of details) planned to pop at short distance only.

I like the idea, much smarter than tent. By I wonder how game could distinguish ground types and allow (or not) to dig a hole, I mean it would look like absurd to have molehills on concrete,rock,roof & floor.

--Edit

If it allow to burry a backpack only (with items inside). So no one could server hop & stock dozens of rifles. And due to limited backpack available, map would not have thousand of molehills around.

An interesting consequence would be to not always search and get the mighty fireaxe, since shovel take place.

Another nice consequence would be bandits trying to deal and take care of captive shovel owners... (might aswell reduce KOS?)

Edited by JiJi

No if object LOD (level of details) planned to pop at short distance only.

I like the idea, much smarter than tent. By I wonder how game could distinguish ground types and allow (or not) to dig a hole, I mean it would look like absurd to have molehills on concrete,rock,roof & floor.

I presume it would work the same way you make different sounds when walking/running on different ground types. The engine probably distinguish them, so it shouldn't be too complicated.

+1 for the idea, a nice alternative to tents!

• Like 1

If it allow to burry a backpack only (with items inside). So no one could server hop & stock dozens of rifles. And due to limited backpack available, map would not have thousand of molehills around.

An interesting consequence would be to not always search and get the mighty fireaxe, since shovel take place.

I like this. I was thinking about survival, so thought about bury food, drinkables, and various goods. Don't like the idea of burying weapons - not for the idea itself, but for the way it would be used (or abused)

This is a great idea. You could leave items for yourself to get later or even store your buddy's gear who just died.

give the shovel more hit point so the axe isn't the only thing that kills the zombies. Plus if you have one then you can loot someone else mole hole.

then server restarts...

You can already do this in the mod... Servers restarting aren't a problem and neither are players if you hide your stash point by a pine tree in a remote area.

You can already do this in the mod... Servers restarting aren't a problem and neither are players if you hide your stash point by a pine tree in a remote area.

Kkk...I am agreed with topic starter, i would be glad to see a "barriers" and issues to make such "safe"