Butane

Graphical Issue near balota

Jesus people its in Alpha stage. ALPHA. Calm your nips, stuff like this is bound to happen. Stop complaining and go play some Battlefield or something untill this is fixed...

You sir, are not very smart are you?

It's alpha. Requires feedback. We are giving required feedback.

It might sound like complaining yes, because we love playing DayZ and cant play, but without people reporting bugs what's the point.

Instead try adding something constructive instead of your condescending tone "go play some battlefield". Errr no, Don't tell me what to do or what game to play Okay? Go back to whinging instead of trolling people actually providing feedback

Myself and a few friends are having the same problem

The graphical glitches are caused by the world prop Army Soldiers lying dead on the floor (not zombie soldiers)

I found this out after some testing and can confirm this 100%

Also, the people that i know of having this all have ATI GFX cards but im not too sure if Nividia users are having the same issue

No you can't (confirm this 100% like you said), but you can be sure 100% that you're wrong. I wish you weren't. Nvidia or ATI is not the issue. It's also definitely not the static corpses, of that I am 100% sure (but unlike you I've researched and tested my theory) since it happens even in places with none of those corpses, nor barbed wire, nor barricades.

The people I know of having the issue all, yes ALL have NVidia cards so both your theories are out the window, sorry.

The following fix worked for me. Feedback welcome.

Go to Documents/ArmA 2/playername.ArmaA2OAProfile

Open file in Notepad

Search for "sceneComplexity=;"

Change to "sceneComplexity=100000;"

Save changes and exit.

Launch DayZ with preferred method.

Jesus people its in Alpha stage. ALPHA. Calm your nips, stuff like this is bound to happen. Stop complaining and go play some Battlefield or something untill this is fixed...

yeah, your not really smart are you? lol, its alpha and we shouldnt relay information on this issue? do you know what it means to be in an alpha/beta? we arent complaining, we are marely just reporting.

• Like 2

I Have the same problem. lol... I hope they fix this ASAP...

dont worry, im sure they will :) you can always try out all these different fixes, they work sometimes but it always comes back, when you leave the game or alt tab then it also comes back, but its playable for that little amount of time

• Like 1

Ok, thanks fir that info Teach

Also, just to add, I found that turning Vsync on and off a few times sorted it for a short period of time (make sure your looking at a glitch when you do this, seems to have a better effect)

Edited by CrazyQ

Ok, thanks fir that info Teach

Also, just to add, I found that turning Vsync on and off a few times sorted it for a short period of time (make sure your looking at a glitch when you do this, seems to have a better effect)

Turning VSync on/off worked around towns.. on airstrips doesn't work :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RCBplEjK6g&feature=plcp

here in cherno

Hope the Vid quality is good enough

This video is a perfect example of my tests that it is "world prop dead army soldiers"

You can that the lines half way through the video lead directly to the ground where these bodies are

and also to comfirm that this is not caused by 'wire fencing'

Edited by CrazyQ

yeah, your not really smart are you? lol, its alpha and we shouldnt relay information on this issue? do you know what it means to be in an alpha/beta? we arent complaining, we are marely just reporting.

False. YOU'RE not as smart as you make yourself out to be. Read the thread, there are people saying things such as "Wow way to check and fix all the bug prior to release" and "Wow this game is really buggy for a released mod" This is complaining idiot. Reporting the issue would simply be stating what happened, where and when, and leave it at that.

@victorsk0m

It is a 50/50 chance that it will work

I tested this at Stary Sobor and the NW Airfield, but i did take a lot of reconnecting and trying again to get it to work

All i can say is keep trying this fix just to make the game playable for a period of time

*Warning* be careful of the new disconnect logging that the patch included, it may cause us some problems if we are reconnecting alot

• Like 1

Turning off AA for me works as suggested by someone here on the forum (though I cant seem to find his post to thank him, so if that was you THANKS)

Note i'm running NVidia GTX 260 and AA is disabled IN-game. FXAA doesnt seem to affect it

• Like 1

False. YOU'RE not as smart as you make yourself out to be. Read the thread, there are people saying things such as "Wow way to check and fix all the bug prior to release" and "Wow this game is really buggy for a released mod" This is complaining idiot. Reporting the issue would simply be stating what happened, where and when, and leave it at that.

I really don't know why you are bothering to respond if we are idiots. We're not the ones pretending to be smart, but you seem to think feedback is complaining and you also generalised us all. If you were directing your comments at a small group of people then please accept my apologies but next time single them out instead of calling us all idiots and telling us to go play battlefield etc

• Like 1

I can confirm this problem. It does make the game unplayable and I am sure that the Dev Team knows about it and are working to resolve the issue as quickly as humanly possible. Diving through code is not fun. It is the worst kind of busy work. There is no need to battle each other. The Dev team was nice enough to make this an open alpha so that we could help in the developement of this game. In a way we are all a part of the team, just we are the play testers. Now we are reporting an issue that is big enough to more or less halt the production process. I can tell you that there is a reason we have not gotten word from rocket or anyone else. The are most likely elbow deep in code trying to find out what went wrong.

Look, I am bummed out that I can't run around on my server and play. I am just as frusterated as you all. I also know that the Dev Team is frusterated too. More so than we will ever be. Because now all the things that they wanted to try are on hold because of one graphical glitch that is probably being caused by something as small as a single line of code. If you ever wanted to get a job as an Alpha tester well congratulations. Welcome to the developement process.

I know it sucks but we should be rooting the Dev Team on! They know there is an issue and it probably was not evedent at the time of the patch. It didnt start happening on my server until about a day after I updated it. I was in NWA more or less since the patch was released. Come on DayZ team! We know you are trying to fix this issue! We are behind you all the way! Lets kill this bug!

• Like 1

With version 1.7.2.4, I am getting the same issue as ubikPainKiller shows in his video.

I have tested viewing from the same position whilst in the mission editor, without running the DAyZ mod running and I do not see graphics artifices. I play a "lot" of ArmA2 and only see these issues when running the DayZ mod.

Running full versions of ArmA2, AO, PMC, BF on Win7 64 bit, Nvidia GTX680.

This must be a small amount of people. You wanna know why you arent smart? because you directed it towards everyone in here, and not everyone in here are complaining you idiot, you need to go back to "social" school and start working on how you tell a few people from a bigger crowd that they are complaining, or just learn the different forum settings such as quoting.

Second of all, there was only ONE guy in here that actually complained, others were explaining, and tbh, no one wants to live in the same flouride society that you live under, you might like taking it up the bum and be a slave and follow fashion or the "normality" stream, but i dont think everyone has the same "liking" as you, so if people wants to write more than just a short message explaining when-where-what then that is totally okay and if people wants to express their opinion then they are allowed, there are no childish posts in here except the ones you made, and the one im making right now and im really annoyed that i have to type this, i shouldnt have to tbh, but you are one of those people, an attention whore, someone who just loves to type others are wrong and call out complainers because it makes you look so cool, so you need to GTFO.

Your posts does not belong here, so far the only off topic post i can actually see is the one you made, and the one im making now -.- complaining about people who arent complaining is real smart donchathink? Man up, Grow up and then come back.

I really don't know why you are bothering to respond if we are idiots. We're not the ones pretending to be smart, but you seem to think feedback is complaining and you also generalised us all. If you were directing your comments at a small group of people then please accept my apologies but next time single them out instead of calling us all idiots and telling us to go play battlefield etc

this is bad, im starting to love you lol :D

@victorsk0m

It is a 50/50 chance that it will work

I tested this at Stary Sobor and the NW Airfield, but i did take a lot of reconnecting and trying again to get it to work

All i can say is keep trying this fix just to make the game playable for a period of time

*Warning* be careful of the new disconnect logging that the patch included, it may cause us some problems if we are reconnecting alot

I think that if you reconnect to the same server you will be fine :) just dont disconnect from one server, then join another like alot, it might look suspicious, tbh i really think that rocket should have explained this system a bit further so we know what to be carefull of.

And i aborted to the lobby after i was done playing and just sat there, then went to the forum and 15 min later i saw my game was open, i hit right click and hit close, i wonder if that is logged aswell? and if it is, then i wonder if its logged as an alt-f4. Alot of speculation :)

[/url[/media]

Just did this 40 mins ago guys .... hope this helps this is at the NWAF

Cheers

Painy

at NWAF i was at the south side on the south sniper hill and when i looked to the east i got this glitch, then we continued on and north of the NWAF at the ATV spawn location i had this glitch like crazy, could barely see, i wonder where that came from, i couldnt see any wire fencing, had a friend who had the same lol, and we were trying to find a bicycle which was almost impossible to find hehe.

Edited by Zyfer