Butane

Graphical Issue near balota

Date/Time: Sunday June 24th 11:35pm - Monday June 25th 12:15am

What happened: When entering Balota from the west towards the east nearby the dock ware house I encountered large screen artifacting never before encountered in game. It only happened when I looked in the south west to west directions. Looking any other direction it would not happen. It happened in third person and first person in varying severity. At times the entire screen would literally be filled. It also started from a specific point at the center of the screen.

Where you were: Western edge of Balota entering the dock yard

What you were doing: Walking, crouch running, running, proning making my way towards the docks of Balota to meet with a friend.

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5

*Server(s) you were on: US - 121

*Your system specs:

Core I7 920 CPU

ASUS X58 Sabertooth Mobo

12GB (6x2GB) 1600MHz Patriot Viper Series 9-9-9-24 latency ram

2x XFX Radeon HD5770 1GB DDR5 GPU's up to date drivers

320 GB WD Caviar Blue HDD

Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium SP1

*Timeline of events before/after error: Entering balota it occured. When escaping balota and a horde of zombies it happened again. Only happened in the field to the immediate west of the Balota docks within roughly 50-100 yards of the fence. Once past the fence it died shortly thereafter.

• Like 1

I can confirm this.

Balota airfield and tents beside the road are unplayable for me. If I look up its okay, but if I put my head normal there are graphic fragments all over the screen.

1.7.2.4 / 95389

DE 721

core i7 960

2x radeon hd6990M

windows 7 home premium 64 bit

12GB ram

• Like 1

Same at Zelenogorsk, Stary Sobor tents, Krasnostav on every server.

Abit AN52, athlon 64 x2 6000+, 4gb ram, gf gtx460se, winxp

Ah I just posted about that myself. I'd left off at that airfield so when I entered DayZ that is where I spawned. I thought it would just be every building, so I came to look for help.

I also tried joining an old server with an older version and it still does this... When I join a server with an older version through six launcher does it automatically download the older version, or do I still play with the new version?

getting this at both the NWA, Stary Military camp and random places in the woods. Same conditions as you.

Same problem for me aswell at cherno and elektro could not see a thing got stuck and zombies ate me. only started happening after i downloaded this latest patch.

Getting the same thing i cannot play it happens for me at nwaf and elecktro and other places.

Both the Balota Airfield and Berezion City are giving off massive screen artifacting

When entering Bigger cities its unplayable. Artifacts all over the screen.

i was in Stary, berezino, elektro and cherno . All these cities when i approched i had these artifacts.

I stopped playing cause it was not playable anymore

graphic glitches here too. near Shakhovka. make unplayable, every time i use the binoculars or zoomin the sky go crazy.

(with my ati 4800 series)

i can confirm this for all milatary locations ive encountered, ive heard its to do with the corpses on the floor (not military zombies), people were reporting it as an issue with military zombies but have found crash sites and deer stands with no artifacting.

Same problem here @ Stary Sabor, Airfield etc. on much Server for example DE104

1.7.2.4 / 95389

Geforce 470GTX 'golden sample'

But not all meshes have the problem, that they artifacting.

28u045h.jpgw4l09.jpg

Edited by Mephy

Myself and a few friends are having the same problem

The graphical glitches are caused by the world prop Army Soldiers lying dead on the floor (not zombie soldiers)

I found this out after some testing and can confirm this 100%

Also, the people that i know of having this all have ATI GFX cards but im not too sure if Nividia users are having the same issue

Hope it gets sorted soon, makes my game unplayable in populated areas.

• Like 1

It is not only an ATI issue, I have an Nvidia card and the same thing happens to me near the Berezino army tents

Edited by Teach

The only graphical glitches I've ran into was a bunch of grey triangles appearing whenever I tried to look a certain direction. It hasn't happened in a while though.

Double tap num pads minus symbol

(Not sure if this is first person only, but it's working for me)

Edited by CerebralZombie

this is horrible. if you want military grade loot you can forget it. anywhere they put those artificial soldier bodies the screen fragments like hell. i was gonna look for ghillie suits in 1.7.2.4 but i guess not now. thanks dev team for all the testing you do before release of an update =)

• Like 1

Having the same issues here. So bad I can't even play.

• Like 1

its happening in cherno as well.

i used to get this bug once ina blue moon before, and switching hdr to a different setting and back always fixed it, but now nothing helps. huge chunks of cherno are unplayable cause you can't even look in the direction.

Edited by Ganjastar
  • Like 1