Sign in to follow this  
TheCapitán

Rampant Hacking

The hackers are out of control, please stop them. Servers are being mass nuked daily, causing instant death for everyone on them. Hackers are also teleporting around, spawning geared out, tracking innocent players and killing them. It's just ridiculous the amount of hacking going on at the moment. Rocket needs to crack down on this hard, because they're ruining the game.

I've experienced all of the above, and so have my friends. What about you guys? Share your stories.

Specifically today, look in cheat reports, 20+ servers of 50 players nuked, all players dead.

This is really pathetic..

Try twice in one day on two different servers!

Lost Silenced M4 + M107 + Coyote Pack + NVG and a Vehicle.

Yeah, I just lost a ton of epic gear myself. Servers are getting nuked left and right, it's out of control.

Dont know why all you fucks complain about loosing your tent city's' date=' m107, and m4 SD's as you all just dupe them anyways...

[/quote']

"Some of people who have _____ cheat, therefore all of the people who have _____ must cheat."

Spoken like a true hacker apologist.

To add another blow to the balls with the "Nuke hack" it also destroys any tents and the items in them if the nuke hits in that general area of where they were placed.

The explosions didn't look too impressive in the video that was posted.

Do the nukes instantly kill everyone regardless of placement, or were there multiple nukes being set off?

To add another blow to the balls with the "Nuke hack" it also destroys any tents and the items in them if the nuke hits in that general area of where they were placed.

From seeing that vid and stream that some poor sod has picked up a hacker thats trailing him' date=' it seems to be some kind of modded weapon that locks on all players on server and well, you know the rest.

Fallout mod stylee uber-lulz dick weapon basically. I said months back that Armas code + the griefing possibilities would be a huge pull for hackers and script-dicks.

[hr']

Do the nukes instantly kill everyone regardless of placement' date=' or were there multiple nukes being set off?

[/quote']

Seems it instantly hits every player on the server with a missile or something when the script using player fires the modded weapon, although that is after selecting something from the gear menu,so it may just be how the script is triggered.

If there are hackers doing this stuff and doing server nukes..... I smell another Global ban coming...

All their data is tracked, so they will know who they are.

Do the nukes instantly kill everyone regardless of placement' date=' or were there multiple nukes being set off?

[/quote']

Yes. It's a complete wipe, everyone on the server dies instantly.

If there are hackers doing this stuff and doing server nukes..... I smell another Global ban coming...

And that worked so well last time. :-/

Im not going to say the hacking isnt a problem but there are constantly new threads being made about the same thing. It's not as if the devs aren't aware. Dont get me wrong, this thread for example says share your stories. Thats cool.

I just mention this because there seems to be alot of complaining to fix it NOW. I hate the excuse but this IS an alpha, which means youre playing a test more than a game. While true for you to get a good test environment things need fixed here and there.

I just hate to see people getting upset at the devs for not rushing to fix something that in the grand scheme of things at this point in development, may not be high on the priority list. Not to mention the fact that the devs are doing this in their freetime.

Im not calling anyone out, just asking that everyone take a second to think about the situation before flooding the forums with the same things everyday.

Note: forgive any grammar issues as i typed this on my phone.

Another global ban would be good first step.

It's really ruining the game for a lot of people. I play with a group of about 7 people and we are all fine with dying and losing shit from bandits, zombies, and heck, even server wipes (it's alpha, yes we know) but to just die and lose everything from some nuke hack is just frustrating as hell.

Im not going to say the hacking isnt a problem but there are constantly new threads being made about the same thing. It's not as if the devs aren't aware. Dont get me wrong' date=' this thread for example says share your stories. Thats cool.

I just mention this because there seems to be alot of complaining to fix it NOW. I hate the excuse but this IS an alpha, which means youre playing a test more than a game. While true for you to get a good test environment things need fixed here and there.

I just hate to see people getting upset at the devs for not rushing to fix something that in the grand scheme of things at this point in development, may not be high on the priority list. Not to mention the fact that the devs are doing this in their freetime.

Im not calling anyone out, just asking that everyone take a second to think about the situation before flooding the forums with the same things everyday.

[/quote']

I think hacking is in a slightly different league than bugs and glitches. These people are trying to destroy the game, and they need to be stopped.

I think hacking is in a slightly different league than bugs and glitches. These people are trying to destroy the game' date=' and they need to be stopped.

[/quote']

And they will, eventually. Most of them, anyway.

Im not going to say the hacking isnt a problem but there are constantly new threads being made about the same thing. It's not as if the devs aren't aware. Dont get me wrong' date=' this thread for example says share your stories. Thats cool.

[/quote']

I think hacking is in a slightly different league than bugs and glitches. These people are trying to destroy the game, and they need to be stopped.

I 100% agree, the thing i dont think many realize is that under normal circumstances an alpha build would be closed. All the core elements focused on and maybe implemented. On to beta builds, etc etc. Generally by time you would open to public the majority of features are in and common bugs fixed or atleast being worked on. So when the test goes public and the hackers show the bulk of your workforce can focus on that problem.

Now we have more and more open alpha/beta games/mods and all of a sudden an small unpaid staff with limited time have to focus on everything all at once.

I just hate to see people getting upset at the devs for not rushing to fix something that in the grand scheme of things at this point in development' date=' may not be high on the priority list

[/quote']

dood. arma has been released for YEARS! you really think the devs give a fuck about the grand scheme of things? hacked game is hacked

At least it's helping correct the results of duping I guess.

Was Nuked today. Lost Elite pack, M249 Saw, and a AS50. It seemed to be staggered on killing everyone in the server but within 30 seconds everyone was dead for sure. However, apparently it did not destroy my van I had stashed away. Frustrating to start over but within an hour I was geared to the teeth again.

T-Bone,

"Where da white women at?"

vehicle and tent wipe did that.

You can't dupe anymore after the patch anyway.... Duping is a silly thing to complain about. I can kill you with an Enfield just as easy as I can with a higher tier weapon.

I haven't experienced the nuke yet, but I have experienced instant respawners (search in the forum, there are a lot of reports.) Generally you will get "Killed by friendly fire" and he will come right back, needless to say whomever you killed will continually come right back with gear.