Sign in to follow this  
Infrared

Making my own DayZ Mod of DayZ...

Hello everyone, I've decided to post this here since I think everyone on this forum is FAR more active than opendayz or something...

So, my idea is to make a mod on the map Taviana, we're planning to have it fairly difficult, with a AI Military base with random spawning ammo crates with some good gear inside them.

Extra guns from a few packs including the CheyTac 2000 (RARE)

We plan to edit the loot tables to add some small military MASH styled camps,

We need a 3D Renderer that can add an extra island, and make some models like backpacks or custom skins,

We also need a guy that's fairly good at C++

Please don't post negative feedback saying stupid shit like "You're not ment to make a mod when you don't know C++" or something, you know?

Thanks and have a good day. There are more features but yeah...

Please don't post negative feedback saying stupid shit like "You're not ment to make a mod when you don't know C++" or something, you know?

I wouldn't go down that way, but I would like to ask you a question. Do you know what happened with Taviana and that there is a reason you are not allowed to do anything with it?

The original creator (Martin) chose to stop work on Taviana, which was open to public, and jumped over to help the Origins-people. Since he did that noone else is allowed to do anything with the mod. There were a couple of incidents of good and active people (from OpenDayZ) trying to mod Taviana, which he then shot down with threats of a lawyer.

If I were you I would rethink if you want to try it out, as I highly recommend not doing so. You can achieve most things (like changing the loottables) with an extended missionfile and you can also include buildings serverside (in the dayz_server.pbo), if you want to do that. That way you will bypass the threats of legal actions that you might encounter whilst trying to mod Taviana.

And Taviana isn't the only thing you would have to have permissions for if you want to edit it. You need to have permissions when trying to mod DayZ as well.

I wouldn't go down that way, but I would like to ask you a question. Do you know what happened with Taviana and that there is a reason you are not allowed to do anything with it?

The original creator (Martin) chose to stop work on Taviana, which was open to public, and jumped over to help the Origins-people. Since he did that noone else is allowed to do anything with the mod. There were a couple of incidents of good and active people (from OpenDayZ) trying to mod Taviana, which he then shot down with threats of a lawyer.

If I were you I would rethink if you want to try it out, as I highly recommend not doing so. You can achieve most things (like changing the loottables) with an extended missionfile and you can also include buildings serverside (in the dayz_server.pbo), if you want to do that. That way you will bypass the threats of legal actions that you might encounter whilst trying to mod Taviana.

And Taviana isn't the only thing you would have to have permissions for if you want to edit it. You need to have permissions when trying to mod DayZ as well.

Yes, I'm quite aware of some of this. Wasn't actually aware of the Origins thing... Is there any chance of me being able to contact him? (Doubt he'd say yes or anything. xD) Thanks for the information though! Saved us BIG TIME,

How about Namalsk?

Edit - Really appreciate you letting me know this. You saved me countless years of work... Luckily I've only done a FEW awesome things to the map... Well, I'll start speaking to the Namalsk people... Hopefully that goes well and I can find a 3D Render guy to help us extend the map... Thanks so much dude, love Germany! G'day mate!

Edited by InfraredOfficial

Yes, I'm quite aware of some of this. Wasn't actually aware of the Origins thing... Is there any chance of me being able to contact him? (Doubt he'd say yes or anything. xD) Thanks for the information though! Saved us BIG TIME,

How about Namalsk?

You can contact them here: http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_dn.php