Sign in to follow this  
cruiseashimself

Is anyone else getting this?

I log into any server to include 24/7 servers and all are night time? It's strange. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by BMAF

Plenty of servers say 24/7 Day, or they say (for instance) 15:22h.  But they turn out to be black night. It's quite common.

xx

I have noticed a larger number of servers that were once 24/7 day that would go no later than 1PM, now going up to and past 6PM. I think it was just the latest update messing with something and the people just haven't updated it to be daylight 24/7 again.

I log into any server to include 24/7 servers and all are night time? It's strange. Anyone else experiencing this?

I think you have missed a word or two.

But yeah as they said, check the time of the server before joining.

GAWD I can't wait until servers don't have to restart and we can live a normal day in the apocalypse. 

GAWD I can't wait until servers don't have to restart and we can live a normal day in the apocalypse. 

I don't think thats ever gonna happen.

What can I say I'm a dreamer. Plus I remember when the mod did this...

If the mod was able to do it, the standalone should be capable of it, too. Hopefully it won't be too long before these kinks are worked out.

If the mod was able to do it, the standalone should be capable of it, too. Hopefully it won't be too long before these kinks are worked out.

I don't remember the mod ever being able to do this. If someone left their server on for days without restart it's going to have incredible amounts of desync and low fps.

I don't remember the mod ever being able to do this. If someone left their server on for days without restart it's going to have incredible amounts of desync and low fps.

Sure there were probably restarts but I rarely ran into them face first like I do now.

Sure there were probably restarts but I rarely ran into them face first like I do now.

It's probably because without loot respawning, people restart their server much more than usual to get it to respawn. I've seen it restart hourly just to refresh loot.

I have noticed a larger number of servers that were once 24/7 day that would go no later than 1PM, now going up to and past 6PM. I think it was just the latest update messing with something and the people just haven't updated it to be daylight 24/7 again.

Every time there is an update, the update resets the server config file back to default, which is GMT. It requires the server admin to change his config back to whatever it was set at prior to the update. Otherwise, as the OP found out when he posted, it was nighttime in Europe- after 10PM to be exact. Hence all the servers being dark, despite their name.

Chalk it up to inattentive server admins.

It's probably because without loot respawning, people restart their server much more than usual to get it to respawn. I've seen it restart hourly just to refresh loot.

That's exactly why but I can't wait until they add respawning loot.