Sign in to follow this  
drslam31

Unable to walk

So i have Dayz standalone on 2 machines. 1 works fine with no issues. The 2nd machine is my sons and he is unable to walk in the game. Everytime he tries to walk it goes prone. He can try moving in any direction and it goes prone. I read that this is what happens when you have a broken leg, but he has no indicator on the screen that the has a broken bone and he has drowned twice to ensure this was not the issue. I have replaced the keyboard with no luck.

Anyone else had this issue?

No I have not heard or seen of this before...

Have you applied a splint or morphine to see if that does fix your issue, I know you have killed your toon a couple of times but it could be a weird server issue you have ran in to...

That's what I would do...

Also have you logged into both accounts on your p.c and does your sons toon still go prone on your p.c?

You can drown?

You can, It's touch and go though, Sometimes you don't respawn, you just pop back under water.

So i have Dayz standalone on 2 machines. 1 works fine with no issues. The 2nd machine is my sons and he is unable to walk in the game. Everytime he tries to walk it goes prone. He can try moving in any direction and it goes prone. I read that this is what happens when you have a broken leg, but he has no indicator on the screen that the has a broken bone and he has drowned twice to ensure this was not the issue. I have replaced the keyboard with no luck.

Anyone else had this issue?

Have you tried checking the key bindings? Shot in the dark but a bunch of keys could be bound to prone..

Villian, I have not tried to apply morphine or anything, I've only been playing for a few days so learning myself. I'll try to login as him on my pc tonight and see what happens.  I'll update with what I find.

Preach, Yes I have checked the key bindings as well. Thank You for the suggestion. My son is 10 and is getting frustrated so I may have to let him play as me.

Edited by drslam31

Villian, I have not tried to apply morphine or anything, I've only been playing for a few days so learning myself. I'll try to login as him on my pc tonight and see what happens. I'll update with what I find.

Preach, Yes I have checked the key bindings as well. Thank You for the suggestion. My son is 10 and is getting frustrated so I may have to let him play as me.

Yeah, my advice would be to log into your sons account on your p.c and if he goes prone then you know it's a server side issue...

So then my advice would be apply morphine or splint so the server would correct itself (Fingers crossed)...

Edit: When did this start happening? because since 0.42 was released on Wednesday people have been having all sorts of issues so it might be related to that..

Edited by Villain

You drowned your son...You monster!!!! 

Joking aside, I believe the last post said try morphine..I think his legs were broken and for some reason killing the character didn't reset it.  

Edited by VPPTrue

Let a zombie shred his character or beat it to death with the your character, that water/drowning (and spawning from it) is a real grey area at the moment for alot of reasons. After that if its still happening, id go for a complete wipe of the game off his comp and re- install. Bout all i can think of, GL with it. If you can get on the game at all its good fortune alone, with how the desync problem is :).  

I have been thinking about killing my son since I found out about the broken bones issue. I guess I'll log both accounts in and then go kill my son HAHAHAAHAH. I'll try a few things and let you all know what happens. I don't have the items needed to heal him so an axe to the head is all I can do :/

it was indeed a broken leg and the issue was resolved without killing my son. Now we know :)

• Like 1

it was indeed a broken leg and the issue was resolved without killing my son. Now we know :)

Quote of the Day

I'm glad you didn't have to kill your son lol..

Good to hear you got it resolved..

Run into a lot of bugs in Alpha builds and sometimes you just have to go through an elimination process to find the issue..

All the best

Villain