Sign in to follow this  
dHooM Goldy

Location?

I still don't understand how to find coords. But I also am on day2 of playing dayz. I found a town that had great loot in the medical tents out behind the hospital and a market right in front of said hospital. Wishing to know how to figure out coords so I can head there every server restart. [if i am not gunned down.]

WHoops! thought this was for Standalone...

If you're talking about the mod, you need to find a GPS, then you'll always know where you are when you look at a map. There is no way to permanently mark a location on your map.

Edited by TheLastEmp

In game coordinates really aren't a thing. Most towns have street signs (in Russian) that you can use to get your bearings and use an external map to give you a rough estimate of where you are.

You can use this to know where you are if you can recognize the town you're in.

http://dayzdb.com/map#5.078.106

If you're in the MOD, and have a map, you can shift+left click to make waypoints. Get the distance closer and closer to you till you "find" yourself. Or, get a GPS.

If you could find a map you could start setting waypoints and just get closer and closer until you get your approximate position. Shift+Left click to make waypoints. But by what you described, I think you're in Elektrozavodsk. :)

I still don't understand how to find coords. But I also am on day2 of playing dayz. I found a town that had great loot in the medical tents out behind the hospital and a market right in front of said hospital. Wishing to know how to figure out coords so I can head there every server restart. [if i am not gunned down.]

can i play with you