The Killing Joke

The Official Unofficial Bandit Removal Petition

lots of meaningless words

Way to miss the point entirely. The point is, there is nothing really of value to lose in the game, so getting killed is not that big a deal. You just start over, it's not like you have to grind out a bunch of skill points in firearms. You cannot be (easily) corpse camped and you can just server hop. Oh, too many zombies on your tail? Alt+F4 and server hop.

Reputation means nothing in the game, because your name can be changed at will and you can always just hop around servers. So you can be a douchebag all day every day, and no-one will know who you are. That is the difference; if it were not so easily exploitable you would develop a reputation naturally and people would KOS you. But, because you can hide your identity and jump around servers, that will never happen. That is why a bandit skin is needed.

Think of it as your reputation following you around. People have heard of your methods.

You're 40 years old yet apparently that age has not given you time to accrue wisdom.

Drop the bandit skin and kill the golden goose, rocket. That is all.

They're basically moaning because they are unable to be douche bags to people constantly without repercussions.

Its a bunch of whining from a niche segment of your player base. Listen to them at your peril.

By the way , 'joke', drop your superior attitude; you're not better than anyone else here, nor do your arguments make much sense. You're just too emotionally involved and its pretty sad.

i agree there should be no skins, but a motivation to not be a bandit could be some sort of mental sanity system, where if you went from being a normal citizen to a mass murderer you would slowly start to lose your grip on reality, casuing headaches, lack of your abilities (due to lack of sleep) e.t.c.

But a bandit skin isnt the way to go, just makes me feel ok about PVP'ing someone as i dont want to risk getting killed myself.

at the moment i just like to try and sneak about, if i see another player i back off, if its a bandit i just kill them because they have the big shoot me target on their back.

By the way ' date=' 'joke', drop your superior attitude; you're not better than anyone else here, nor do your arguments make much sense. You're just too emotionally involved and its pretty sad.[/quote']

You just keep making that same sad argument. The only elitists here are you guys. "We're better than the player killers." And then, you use direct insults? Puh-lease.

I'm looking to level the playing field, and make everybody equal. You're the only one on a pedestal.

TKJ

All of you that want the bandit system gone or reset on death sound like bandits that just want to get easy kills. It's already hard enough to trust non bandits, I think this system is perfect how it is now.

If they remove the bandit system, it will force no one to want to group up with anyone else and work together.

Also I don't feel bad when I kill a bandit. Don't get me wrong I love bandits int his game, it makes it that much more scary and dangerous.

If you want to compare the bandit system to EVE then humanity = security status.

By the way ' date=' 'joke', drop your superior attitude; you're not better than anyone else here, nor do your arguments make much sense. You're just too emotionally involved and its pretty sad.[/quote']

You just keep making that same sad argument. The only elitists here are you guys. "We're better than the player killers." And then, you use direct insults? Puh-lease.

I'm looking to level the playing field, and make everybody equal. You're the only one on a pedestal.

TKJ

Actually, the the joke is on you. This game is designed to have bandit skins, if you don't like it, stop crying and go play some other game. Cry me a river, please.

Argument finished, discussion closed, etc.

Actually' date=' the the joke is on you. This game is designed to have bandit skins, if you don't like it, stop crying and go play some other game. Cry me a river, please.[/quote']

Please read the other posts before trying to eat at the adult's table, thanks. Oh and Rocket has a prerequisite for "balls" in this game, so if yours haven't dropped yet, don't bother posting.

TKJ

Please stop crying. You are wasting forum space. All you do on these forums is troll and call people names. Rocket is not your friend, he will make the game as he sees fit.

Good day Sir.

Actually' date=' the the joke is on you. This game is designed to have bandit skins, if you don't like it, stop crying and go play some other game. Cry me a river, please.[/quote']

Please read the other posts before trying to eat at the adult's table, thanks. Oh and Rocket has a prerequisite for "balls" in this game, so if yours haven't dropped yet, don't bother posting.

TKJ

Do you think these are clever or you somehow make your point? You come across as a misanthrope who considers all other opinions invalid.

Too bad, you're wrong, and the majority of the playerbase doesn't agree with you. Deal with it.

I'll reiterate:

"Reputation means nothing in the game, because your name can be changed at will and you can always just hop around servers. So you can be a douchebag all day every day, and no-one will know who you are. That is the difference; if it were not so easily exploitable you would develop a reputation naturally and people would KOS you. But, because you can hide your identity and jump around servers, that will never happen. That is why a bandit skin is needed."

Any counter-argument? Normally in a game with a locked name people would learn your reputation, but in ArmA you can modify your name anytime you want. So, in other words, you are completely anonymous and there are no repercussions unless we force them in this 'gamey' way. Can you address this point, or do you just want to shout over it?

Oh, and my balls are big and made of BRASS. Cheers.

Oh, and I play a bandit and I love the fact that people know I'm a bandit. I'm not scared of who I am.

You like to talk about balls a lot it seems, there are other forums for those topics where I am sure you will find some friends. Please stop wasting space.

To the Mods,

It would seem that my thread has been overrun by trolls (Rinner and the lot, I do invite you to back up your claims with facts, as I haven't called anybody names, nor have I done anything but try to convince people to have a level playing field) and I would ask that it be closed, if that's possible.

To all,

You all have your own opinions on how the morality portion of the game should be handled. In the end, Rocket is going to make his own decisions, and I respect that. The only thing I am asking for is an even playing field for all players, and not to have 'levels' whereby someone can look at someone else, and immediately decide that their gameplay is less important than their own.

No player - regardless of if they are good, bad, or downright evil - should be forced to play the game with a different look. It fosters a separation. It fosters the arguments you see, above (obviously, we're all guilty - I'm certainly not innocent in getting a little passionate about it) and regardless of the outcome, it would be a better game for all. I'm sure there are other things to fix - griefers, spawn campers, etc. - but the skins are not the answer.

Thanks.

TKJ

Just so we're all on the same page then, you have elected to ignore my point, again reiterated below:

""Reputation means nothing in the game, because your name can be changed at will and you can always just hop around servers. So you can be a douchebag all day every day, and no-one will know who you are. That is the difference; if it were not so easily exploitable you would develop a reputation naturally and people would KOS you. But, because you can hide your identity and jump around servers, that will never happen. That is why a bandit skin is needed."

I'll assume this point is left to stand then, if you have no counter-argument.

I'll assume this point is left to stand then' date=' if you have no counter-argument.[/quote']

Prior animosity aside, I sent you a PM regarding my answer on this. I'm not going to continue this thread, and think it would be a good time to close it up.

TKJ