finowns

Patch 42.116181

Hi everybody!

So I tried the new "stable" patch and here is what I noticed

- Zombies have became much more dangerous, its 1-2 hit(s) and you are bleeding (No matter what you are wearing)

- Some really bad lag going on, Makes game almost unplayable.. (You cant open doors or move items...well you just cant do anything)

- There are pistols EVERYWHERE

- It takes sometimes really long to get in server (couple of minutes on waiting for host and please wait)

- Some new glitches on shadows

- Shot one player. It was clear shot to chest and still everything he had went ruined (Its possible that someone else have shot him too but I doubt it. So please if someone else have noticed this, please tell me and I send bug report.

- It appears that servers that have just restarted are not on 12:00 time anymore. The new time is 14:00.

- I saw 0 desynd icons and I played about 2-3 hours (well, players know that desync was a pain in the ass in previous patch)

- There are 4 new weapons, 3 pistols and one rifle

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment if you have noticed something new that I didnt =)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Didnt really know where to put this topic but I felt that general discussing would be good place =)

• Like 2

Zombies don't seem to slow down as often. A lady and a walrus were chasing me and were keeping pace, even got a few hits in. The reports of "eyes in the back of their heads" are false, but their detection is still inconsistent.

• Like 2

As aspected on patch day there's going to be some problems.  I'm just so glad that they finally released it that I can overlook any problems until fixed :)

So how exactly does rain and getting wet work?  The only item I've found that isn't affected by wetness are wellies; even my raincoat became soaking wet!  I heard being wet can cause sickness or even ruin clothing?  I did find a gas canister and portable stove that dried everything out for me (except my ballistic helmet) which i thought was neat.

There seem to be wool coats everywhere!!! I mean, much as I am happy to have them and wear them, some other issues of clothing might be nice.

Lag, yes, Session lost, sometimes.

Zombies are way different than before, I died twice just because they were relentless. (Well, once because I got 4 invisible, consecutive hits all of a sudden.) Once all the Zambydoodles are fought off, it's mostly good to go.

As always, I have regained my composure and patience. I shalt not rant. B)

• Like 1

The update was great with the exception of joining servers now -.-

I tried it briefly on experimental, but I haven't been able to join a server succesfully on stable on account of the "Session lost" thing.

• Like 2

1.zombies still can walk throw the wall. Now its a real problem.

2. Bad lagging everywhere.

3. Me and my friends cannot join any servers at all becase of "Wait for host" & "Please wait"

@Publik - Yeah they can spot you much more easily now. I managed to sneak away from one and well, I was right behind of it :D Oh and zombies are clearly respawning and and man they do it fast.

@Ryzen - Im happy that they got it out too :) And I really dont know about wet system - but i dont think it will ruin your items.

@Demonica - That invisible thing that you was talking about, I think its about the same problem that prevents you to do any actions.

@BadAsh - Try reading the topics on troubleshooting section, there was some good info :)

@Thundefined - I really agree with number 1. You are dead if you get stuck on middle of em. And try to wait for few minutes when joining, I was about to give up too but then I suddenly got in =)

@BadAsh - Try reading the topics on troubleshooting section, there was some good info :)

@Thundefined - I really agree with number 1. You are dead if you get stuck on middle of em. And try to wait for few minutes when joining, I was about to give up too but then I suddenly got in =)

There is connection issues on Experimental branch with version, so what the hell happened with Stable branch?

There is connection issues on Experimental branch with version, so what the hell happened with Stable branch?

Tell me about it. Thats why I put word stable between "- marks when I started this topic :D

Tell me about it. Thats why I put word stable between "- marks when I started this topic :D

I see :D

• Like 1

Yep the zeds sure are a threat now. At least until I get to grips with the new axe stance anyway.

Seems painting the fireaxe sends it to ruined condition (only tried twice using green spray paint).

Grey wool coats and the grey flat cap make you look like a rich landowner. 

I have a DPM boonie  :)

cant play more than 30 minutes on a server than i get kicked because server is not responding. My FPS droped from 40-60 outside of cities to 30 - 40 and from 25 - 30 in cities to 15 - 20.

Yep the zeds sure are a threat now. At least until I get to grips with the new axe stance anyway.

Seems painting the fireaxe sends it to ruined condition (only tried twice using green spray paint).

Oh thats interesting! Thanks for the warning about fireaxe, I might give it a try later anyways, but not before i get spare axe :D

Also found some of those new clothing - I think that boonie in kinda cool :)

cant play more than 30 minutes on a server than i get kicked because server is not responding. My FPS droped from 40-60 outside of cities to 30 - 40 and from 25 - 30 in cities to 15 - 20.

Havent really noticed any changes of fps at all. But I heard some nvidia users have had some problem now.

I painted my axe black and it remained pristine.  Might be a bug with green or just a random bug in general.

I noticed the same thing when I was jumping back and forth from regular to experimental a few days ago.  I found the problem was very high shadows, if I set it to just high I get my fps back.  Don't know if that's your case?

I noticed the same thing when I was jumping back and forth from regular to experimental a few days ago.  I found the problem was very high shadows, if I set it to just high I get my fps back.  Don't know if that's your case?

well, my shadow settings are on very low. probably i should disable them <_<

I use a nvidia card :P

Well I have ATI radeon HD 5850 1GB and low shadow setting - not any kind of fps problem

The changes seem quite nice, the zombies are finally somewhat threatening, the wool coats are pretty neat and OH MY GOD: tactical fucking BACON!.

If it only was properly playable <_<

edit: The addition of new police stations and health centres is also quite interesting. It might cool down the action on the airfields a bit. Whether that is good or bad, well, I guess it's a matter of opinion.

Edited by Buffaloe

Do any of you remember the good old days when playing GTA SA? Driving on a free highway, you take a quick look back and bang.. you hit a car in front of you that randomly spawned there when you didn't look??

Eh now I see the same thing in DayZ with the zombies, go in a middle of a field and try to logout.. you can't.. after you kill all the zombies running for you,, you will see another one.. running for you.. after that one.. another,  you take a 360 look, nothing.. wait 5 seconds.. you hear one next to you... seems like they randomly spawn near you .. with no logic at all.

I like the idea of respawn but it should be more zombies at the time, like 15+ and a respawn cooldown of 15 minutes.

hmm.. Had really good fps in game until today. Before latest patch my old ass evga gtx 660 sc was running great with the optimal settings from nvidia experience. After today's update, the fps blows. I was running around in svetlo and getting 7fps! really shitty performance.

Bad times