Forrelist

Pistol Magazines

I was just making a fun post about what I observe and the levels of crazy I've seen people get over something minor.

I might correct someone a few times, but never in anger and I let it go as, as you said, not everyone lives in a place where you're tripping over guns on the way to the grocery store.

No worries - wasn't meaning that directed at you, as I got your post and agree. More a pet peeve of mine as it's leaned on way too heavy on the Internet forums these days...

I believe his argument is that that whoever owned the gun previously is now dead, and is a zed walking around with the magazine still on them. In this case Zombies should be dropping loot, or failing that pistols should come with magazines attached.

Agreed that Zeds should have loot on them - including weapons, mags, etc. I took it he was referring to not having any ammo causing their death with his comment - which just wouldn't result in missing mags...

I believe his argument is that that whoever owned the gun previously is now dead, and is a zed walking around with the magazine still on them. In this case Zombies should be dropping loot, or failing that pistols should come with magazines attached.

Pretty much this.

I imagine once our dear friend, Zed, starts dropping loot, clips/mags will become a lot more common.

They are limited in their delivery methods at the moment.

Agreed that Zeds should have loot on them - including weapons, mags, etc. I took it he was referring to not having any ammo causing their death with his comment - which just wouldn't result in missing mags...

I'll admit to it being 4am and me not reading your comment properly regarding empty mags/random number of bullets in the mags.

I'll admit to it being 4am and me not reading your comment properly regarding empty mags/random number of bullets in the mags.

I'm quitting caffeine as of yesterday - soooooo we are on the same page!!

I agree 100%. Pistols should be hard to find, and should have a magazine in them 50% of the time. Rifles of any kind, SKS, M4, Sporter, etc - should be RARE and FEARED. Sure it's nice to always have a rifle and always have 200 rounds for it without even trying, but come on, it's like Call of Duty out there. EVERYONE is loaded with automatics.

• Like 2

I agree 100%. Pistols should be hard to find, and should have a magazine in them 50% of the time. Rifles of any kind, SKS, M4, Sporter, etc - should be RARE and FEARED. Sure it's nice to always have a rifle and always have 200 rounds for it without even trying, but come on, it's like Call of Duty out there. EVERYONE is loaded with automatics.

Good point. Making pistols a little rarer, but more likely to have a magazine attached would be great.

Just found another! That makes 6 total on this life. The new police station/jail is a good source.

Just found another! That makes 6 total on this life. The new police station/jail is a good source.

What server are you on right now? >:)~

Hm, maybe it has changed with the patch. I can't really tell, since the desync and the other network problems they currently have make the game nearly unplayable for me :/

NWAF i found a fnx45 last week with a mag sitting right next to it. and another mag on the other side of the room. the proceeded to find another 4 before i fell of a roof.

Besides my mosin as primary, I have a magnum with 5 speedloaders +ammo, an FNX with a half-dozen spare mags +ammo, a 1911 with 2 spare mags, an amphib with no mag, and a CZ mag with no pistol.

FNX mags and speedloaders seem to be the easiest to find. 1911 mags have been scarce, as have the CZ mags. Have yet to lay eyes on a mag for an amphib or the CZ itself.

This is from almost 2 complete circumnavigation loot runs- solnich south and around the coast to balota, path of the warrior up to NWAF and then over to NEAF, thru svetlo and down through berezino... and then the same route all over again. Both times the server restarted midway through the run.

Stable regular. You want my map coords too so that you can hijack me?! ;)

What server are you on right now? > :)~

• Like 1

Stable regular. You want my map coords too so that you can hijack me?! ;)

Well I'd try, if Stable wasn't an absolute nightmare for me right now. Can't stay on a server for more than two minutes. :(

Proper storage of any and all firearms is to remove the magazine first. Though, I don't see why the mags would be halfway across the map instead of lying around beside the pistol.

• Like 2

Proper storage of any and all firearms is to remove the magazine first. Though, I don't see why the mags would be halfway across the map instead of lying around beside the pistol.

Close proximity would make sense but I believe it should be a random property - if they have a mag attached or not. Maybe a combination of both?

• Like 1

I have had characters go forever without finding a single mag for the FNX then I have others who have had 5+ FNX mags. just luck of the draw imo.

Agree with OP

I feel it would enhance both verisimilitude AND firearm combat balance if Rifles were rarer than pistols. As it is now, I find some variation of a Rifle way before I find a pistol with a matching magazine.

Often I could have theoretically equipped a SKS / Mosin / Shotgun with at least 5-10 matching ammo before I have a single magged pistol / speedloaded 357 - anecdotal I know but seems to fall in line with others experience.

Just think it would be more fun and interesting, for me at least, if weapons you could snipe with were more scarce. Don't know that pistols themselves need any loot adjustments but Pistol Magazines certainly seem to

• Like 2

Don't know that pistols themselves need any loot adjustments but Pistol Magazines certainly seem to.

As it is now, I find some variation of a Rifle way before I find a pistol with a matching magazine.

I concur. I usually always find an M4 and magazines before I find any of the pistol magazines. It's a shame really , because you can tell there was some nice work put into them , and I for one, barely get a chance to use them.

• Like 1

I have found dozens of FNX magazines: on top of the fire station buildings.

Alas, this seems to be a spot that many people forget about. This is usually a free magnum, or chest holster :P

• Like 1

Mag / clip nazis need to give it a rest for the rest of the gaming world. I own many firearms - that kind of correction is semi appropriate in the context of RL, but many gamers have never even handled a firearm. No need in going all aggro on people as an intro to real world gun ownership. Counter productive....

Exactly. I have called them clips my entire life. "Clip" has fewer syllables than "Magazine". I own and fire enough guns to call them what I want without being hassled by some 17 year old kid who has never fired a gun in his life. Sorry for getting off topic a bit, had to get that off my chest. Too many anal RP basement wizards correcting things they have no knowledge of.

Now more on topic, yeah pistol clips are rare. I have looted the NE and NW airfields as well as several police stations and various other supposed clip spawn locations on my character without dying. I have found 3 fnx clips and one 9mm clip. None for the 1911 or the amphibia. During this time I have passed many pistols but only the scant few clips.

The M1911 mags are spawning all over, post-patch.

But yes, I've only ever found two FNX mags.

Personally, I think we should be finding more empty mags (with both rifles and pistols) than full ones. Or at least half full/empty magazines. As it stands now, I rarely if ever pick up a raw box of ammo or loose rounds. I've always been able to find clean and full magazines for the majority of my weapons.

I assure you this is your experience, and does not necessarily reflect the experience of others.

On 1 life, I have found 4 magazines for the 9mm, 2 magazines for the .22, 1 magazine for the 1911, and 2 magazines for the FNX... not to mention a couple of speed loaders for the Revolver.

But I haven't found a single 10 round clip for the SKS, which is what I currently have on the experimental.. Also haven't found any .22 mags for the sporter. 

Just sayin'... It's completely random.