Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

Accolyte, you should do a favor to the community putting Captain Fancy pants and Rocket in bed earlier every evening, so that thay can be fresh the next morning. > than 3 AM one and > 5 AM the other one during the week is not good - damn personal experience.

We should find some songs that can be sang to them, or something...

Not sure what you're getting at. I saw that twitter post before I decided to go back to experimental.

Anyway I've connected fine now but for me it seems a bit worse off than stable. Was pretty much pure desync, so some of you might want to hold off till another hotfix is released or something.

intention posting this was, they configured the servers to maxium loggin, wich cause heavy traffic and cpu usage, occuring lotta desync/networkissues - i prefer playin on experimentals too but since there is nothing new on that exp.patch u might wanna join back to stable.

Edited by Guest

If this helps for devs: When I got session lost I have always been in the middle of a city, surrounded by zombies. In most cases I fired my gun.

In the woods far away from cities or zombies, I had no problem. (Yesterday on 42 stable - hardcore).

Bandwidth in Zelenogorsk ~1400; in the woods ~700

Just saying... Good luck finding the problem.

I played 5 hours last day in a group(3) and i would like to write about my experiences.

+ :

• farming hoe, pitch fork, sickle big win
  • new clothes like wool coat(with canvas pants and usanka made my day, played the hobo for hours :D), boonie hats are big win also, I'm looking forward to hearing about somekind of hunter jackets, vests,hats (baseball caps, boonies, bandanas) with the existing realtree camo pattern implemented as summer/spring/autumn/winter like the hunter pants (brown also)
  • new food love all
  • Eat All option had to be done, thank you
  • Sporter seems to be working fine.
  • Thanks for the painting additions and fixes. tested: firefighter axe, mosin, sks, ballistic helmet
  • Thanks for the rain and the related stuff
  • Thanks for the ability of catching rain with canteen and water-bottle but the procedure is a bit annoying. It's just me but i think it should be changed (click-1%-getting wet-click-1%-getting wet) or the players won't use it because of wells and sodas.
  • Thanks for the Police stations replacing some offices
  • Khelm became a nice village
  • I like the fact that the zombies respawns but i think the respawn time should be increased a bit(just a bit like 3-5 min). I clear a 50 sqm area in a minute and i can't loot a single building.

neutral:

• new look of the existing cans

-:

• I'm experiencing network issues mentioned by other players like lags "wait for host" "please wait" as mentinoed in the changelog. Keep monitoring it. tested: more than 20 servers, 5 different european countries(less than 50 ping). I guess the problem correlates with the number of players but i'm not an expert.
  • cannot collect berries from bushes. I'm a noob maybe. Tested with various bushes. I was not even able to reveal the option for it.
  • cannot collect blood from other players tested with damaged and badly damaged bloodbags, 3 different players every combination. The message : "There is nothing left" :|
  • cannot check the pulse on a dead player. I think there should be an option for it and return a "no pulse" message or something like that.

Summa: Devs, I can feel the effort. The game is improving keep up the good work :beans:

(sorry for my bad english  :blush:  )

Edited by amikron
  • Like 7

• cannot check the pulse on a dead player. I think there should be an option for it and return a "no pulse" message or something like that.

just recently i checked pulse on a dead player, had a message like:

The body feels warm but there is no pulse

Woodland worrier please dont act retarded, there are no doors on the internet, only windows

There are backdoors, your mom showed me last night.

j/k :P

Edited by TaiLeDFoX
  • Like 1

just recently i checked pulse on a dead player, had a message like:

The body feels warm but there is no pulse

I will check it again next week, ty 4 the reply

DayZ Standalone :beans:

Cmon guys, you need to be more :D

• Like 1

i can actually play the stable now. well atleast for an hour i just spend in the Beanville.

i got my pre-patch hero shot before that and started a new one, so i don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

I have paid 14 cents per hour played on this game.  I have already got my money’s worth.  

Where do you find entertainment any cheaper?

I know a lot of people feel this patch was a step backwards and for some of you that never had problems staying connected maybe it was for a day or so until they hotfix it.  But for others like my friend without this patch he could not played without nonstop time outs.  Tonight was the first night he could play all night long without many problems at all. 

There is progress being made in this game even if it isn’t evident to your personal Experience. 

I recall many finished games putting out game breaking patchs and taking several days if not weeks to fix. For alpha this is not bad at all.

Also really appreciate the staff with their recent updates/comments on our post in the forums.  That alone is spoiling us as a community.

Thank you devs for the releases and keep them pouring out even if breaks. It will only make the game better with these wide base tests.

• Like 8

(sorry for my bad english  :blush:  )

No worries. Great post and great English friend.

After my post of yesterday i want to apologize for my comment. I was in rage out of  frustration.

Said that i would like to rephrase my question :

Why the devs pushed stable a version when people who were playing on the experimental reported lag issues for days ? I mean if they had this problem in a small hive was quite easy to imagine the same problem would be present and quite certainly worse on the bigger and stable hive. Would be wise to wait a little more ?

Just had a go on hardcore for a couple of hours. Definitely heaps more zombies which is awesome as that's what you'd expect from a zombie survival game. The only thing I found was that when I spawned in the middle of the forest - while I was still loading I got attacked by a zombie and died within about 20 seconds or so while I was waiting for it to load. So as soon as your guy loads dont wait for all the textures and whatever else load - just run in case there is a zombie as they seem to spawn near you or im not sure how it happened.

Loving the tactical bacon, havent seen the new towns yet but its nice to see all the police stations and medical centres now in stable. There seemed to be some lag using items and seeing people dissapear and then reappear 30 seconds later but it felt like all servers were dropping off and coming back on.

Gonna try and make a fire later in the week, not sure if anyone's tried that yet or whether it's available or not. But overall it seems sweet, and its nice to have synced weather too.

I see that Steaks, rabbit legs etc. are added. Does that mean we get to hunt know? If that is the case I'm asuming u need knife to cut it and a to cook. beside the burner. do they have the fireplace back into the game? ANd I see nothing about a tent. Which sucks. Dont get me wrong patch notes look good. Just hoping for hunting and tents. not enough room to put food, gun, med surplies. and a way to cook it all in on backpack.  find not having a way to stash some items. Ruin the play for me. Cant use somethings I would like to like the burner. But I'm really hoping that gets fixed soon, and hunting is in. All though I love new places being added. I more of a looner in the woods player. Its all about survival being able to survive in the woods as a hideout is big part of it. Truth be told shit hit the fan thats where im going. lol Good patch notes though good to see still care. After hearing about the stepping down:(  One thing though. no more force feeding disinfection why?? that was a good part. Im more the hero type. Never done it to no one. But being able adds the fear factor, as well fun.. I dis agree with that one. 

I see that Steaks, rabbit legs etc. are added. Does that mean we get to hunt know? If that is the case I'm asuming u need knife to cut it and a to cook. beside the burner. do they have the fireplace back into the game? ANd I see nothing about a tent. Which sucks. Dont get me wrong patch notes look good. Just hoping for hunting and tents. not enough room to put food, gun, med surplies. and a way to cook it all in on backpack.  find not having a way to stash some items. Ruin the play for me. Cant use somethings I would like to like the burner. But I'm really hoping that gets fixed soon, and hunting is in. All though I love new places being added. I more of a looner in the woods player. Its all about survival being able to survive in the woods as a hideout is big part of it. Truth be told shit hit the fan thats where im going. lol Good patch notes though good to see still care. After hearing about the stepping down:(  One thing though. no more force feeding disinfection why?? that was a good part. Im more the hero type. Never done it to no one. But being able adds the fear factor, as well fun.. I dis agree with that one.

Lmao... You put 4 or 5 issues/questions in this one post, that have been asked and answered several times. Go read the forums, dev blogs, and fan sites, and you'll find your answers...

One thing though. no more force feeding disinfection why?? that was a good part. Im more the hero type. Never done it to no one. But being able adds the fear factor, as well fun.. I dis agree with that one.

Its been changed to force drink. You can still enjoy doing that like you used to in last patch ;), dont worry.

After my post of yesterday i want to apologize for my comment. I was in rage out of  frustration.

Said that i would like to rephrase my question :

Why the devs pushed stable a version when people who were playing on the experimental reported lag issues for days ? I mean if they had this problem in a small hive was quite easy to imagine the same problem would be present and quite certainly worse on the bigger and stable hive. Would be wise to wait a little more ?

As far as I know, the build that was tested for days on experimental was 0.42.116002. Before launching to stable, they published to experimental another build 0.42.116181. So, it was tested before being published to stable, but only a few days. Anyway, it happens that problems can occur on stable only under heavy load.

Any official statements on this "wait for host" then "sesion lost" after 1min of gameplay? Are they even aware and fixing?

Yes

Any official statements on this "wait for host" then "sesion lost" after 1min of gameplay? Are they even aware and fixing?

yes

Edited by lucianpin
  • Like 3

Melee attack doesn't work at all

Melee attack doesn't work at all

I got this with a bat trying to fend off two zombies. Zombies - 1... Me - 0

are the zombies more aggressive this go around??? Normally in close proximity I can pull out the pull out my axe and have a hacking fest. Logged out in a barracks in balota. Logged in with the patch next to a zombie.... In the dark. Zombies - 2... Me - 0.