Sign in to follow this  
thefriendlydutchman

Anti-Zombie Bushes

You're probably like wut? but i played the mod and really liked the fact that you could hide in bushes against zombies so i hope they are gonna add that again when zombies are fixed since it's just classical DayZ! Please say what you think

• Like 1

Yeah sure... Being chased by a ravenous horde, but they all get CONFUSED AS FUCK when you just jump into a bush.

• Like 3

no but since they are zombies there vision is fucked up so if theres a big distance between you and the zombies and then you hide in a bush they will lose you

This isnt Assasins Creed, whats next, carts with hay stading at random locations so you can magicly lose agro? :D

But seriously, if the zombies spot you running to the bush, theres no way in hell they should lose agro.
This should only be viable if you break line of sight and then hide in a bush, although im confident this will happen later when they start tweaking the zombie AI.

• Like 1

yeah i quess it's kinda unrealistic, just had a nostalgic moment i'm sorry ;D

Well tbh it really depends on the method they might use for zombies spotting humans.

We dont know how important line of sight will be, we dont know if wind and smell will be important, we dont know anything about the mechanics behind zombie behavior yet :)

So theres a chance bushes will be viable hiding places, it really depends on how the zombies funtion tbh.

It's not unrealistic. Zombie's can't stand pine scents. It's a fact.

I say, introduce juniper-scented healing candles that we can craft and carry with us. 

No more hiding in a pine. There would be an invisible 5-foot zombie barrier around you at all times.

Bushes should block zed LOS, but not sound, in my opinion. Have zeds keep chasing you to the last place where they saw you, as well.