fortyeight

Nighttime: Well that was odd

I think the people who are complaining about the "glitch/exploit" play on 24/7 day servers, or log out when its night on the server they're on.

The other thing I believe people forget is that no matter how dark it really is, your eyes will adjust and give you DECENT visibility. Moon or no moon. Clouds or no clouds.Once you're out in it for a while your eyes adjust.

You've obviously not been out in the country side on a cloudy night with little to no moonlight. I don't give a F**K if you have 20/10 vision you're not going to see your hand in front of your face. And suburbs are not country with 0 light pollution. People here are bitching about not having enough light when in reality the flashlight here is pretty accurate. Minus the glitching it makes it pretty realistic. I too don't know how the cities and street lights are still lit unless this takes place only days after any apocalypse then I can see back up generators and any remaining Power plant fuel supplies. Has anyone here played doom3 and remembers all the flashlight fighting? Hearing noises behind you only to turn around to nothing then turning back around to something jumping out at you. DayZ at night reminds me of it and I love it. Keeps you on edge.

• Like 1

I remember this argument from Everquest, boy does that take me back. The answer remains the same: Turning up Gamma Correction is not cheating, nor is it exploiting. It's an artifact of games being a simulation of a three or four dimensional reality being simulated on a two dimensional screen. If someone dislikes it - don't use it, you don't need it anyway.

I never play on night servers. It doesn't seem properly implemented yet, and those servers are uncommon, high latency and mostly depopulated.

and those servers are uncommon, high latency and mostly depopulated.

I've seen plenty of servers half full to full on night time.  Is the ratio the same as daytime? No but there's still servers that you can join that have 20 players in them or more.  The weekends are probably the best time to find night servers that are full but you can still find some during the week days.