Kaw

Inland, Coast or both

Inland, Coast or both  

73 members have voted

1. 1. After spawning do you remain along the coast, head and remain inland or move back and forth

So I have spent probably 98% of my 150hrs inland and tend to play between two severs that always have 30-40players present. Normally even being inland I do tend to see people with some regularity. Yet as of late I've noticed a decrease of players "up here", and have been wondering why that is.

So my question is a simple one...

Coast, Inland, or back and forth, and why?

My why?

I suppose its just my preference, since the mod Ive always floated towards the inland. Theres allot less of chaos that is the coast and coastly cities. Generally more loot to be had, and while this is just my opinion more organized, and experianced groups of players. and generally speaking I just find the inland a more immersive survival experience.

Edited by Kaw

Inland, The vast wilderness is my home....

I've recently been noticing more people in the small towns that you get to from from east coast to Elektro , if you take a shortcut over the hills instead of walking all the way around. It may be due to the police stations being more frequent, but it has led to more interesting encounters.

I usually head inland first because the chance of the east coast cities being unlooted is usually pretty low, especially on experimental servers.

After I've got some decent gear I sometimes return to coastal cities to the south or head up north to Svetlo. Rarely do I return to Berezino/Kamy/Elektro/Solnich. I really hate the thought of a few towns to the east being the birthplace of all players, but of course the spawning is WIP.

Edited by solodude23

I pretty much spawn in, turn my back to the coast and don't look back. Sometimes if I haven't ended up fully geared by the time I've looted Vybor/Kabanino military base and the NW airfield I'll head down to the Zel and Pavlovo military bases, but that's about as coastal as I get.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

Inland. I like to stay in the SW/MW of the map, as player encounters are periodic but not necessarily regular. I enjoy roaming the fields, forests, and small villages. The SW just has this really quaint feel, kind of like Maine. You've got the coastal towns, then it gets hilly, a few farms, some pristine villages and one large town or two.

Well according to some dumbasses on the forums, you automaticalky are bad if you stay on the coast. They then go on insulting you saying oh youre horrible at the game and all.

Apparently you're automatically skilled at the game if you go inland.

Lets see how many of them actually show up here and try to start something!

Edited by kg360

I just spawn in, have a quick look whats near me if I find basic food/drink then good. Then I just run in inland to the small towns depends on my locations.  You do find good gems there, more food/bags in my case, don't know if it's me being lucky when I do find them. When I always go on the coast in the south coast or east cost I normal just end up being killed by a lazy sniper or hit by a few bandits.

Well according to some dumbasses on the forums, you automaticalky are bad if you stay on the coast. They then go on insulting you saying oh youre horrible at the game and all.

I wouldn't say that someone is a 'dumbass' for staying on the coast, but you aren't going to have much luck in the loot department on a busy server sadly :(

I was hardcore inlander for the longest time, lately I've been just staying on the coast and surviving there. I think it's the long ass run inland encountering nothing getting to the airfield and finding someones discarded shotgun that kinda put me off it for a bit.  Lately the coast has been kind to me, and while I always have taken the advice to run inland it seems that just doing the opposite of everyone else is yielding decent results.

Edit: I have never starved to death in this game.

Edited by Window Licker

I agree with them, It is harder to survive if you go north, the players have better loot, and ultimately there is less buildings to loot....

The south is a safe haven for n00bs

I usually go north, but, I also head back to the coast to skirt the cities and look for rampaging bandits.

inland isnt the same....

plus nobody else goes there, so theres no room for interaction

but occasionally ill head up to nwaf like the good old days

inland to scavenge and live, coast to fight and die.

also coast to troll freshies. lol.

You can only get so much gear though. Its a matter of things like having 5 m4 mags instead of 6. It wont make a difference in battle.

The south is a safe haven for n00bs

There we go. The guy who never goes south because he thinks its for noobs. I don't understand how you get better gear at nwaf than balota. Spawns are the exact same.

Edited by kg360

Coast. You just have to know where / how to hide on the coast, there's tons of houses you can keep as your basic "go to" for supplies, towns with a water fountain are a big plus, and military areas need a quick access route. Then just find a player amount / low-mid pop server and if you really want action, head to any big city or airfield. Which, if you scouted the area, shouldn't be too far away.

Is Pavlovo considered still somewhat coastal? And even Balota offers some very nice spots to hide.

I wish they had some islands so boat travel is more frequent.

Probably not though.  I will be disappointed with boats like I was with the mod once again  :(

On topic, I am kind of everywhere -- I don't really stick to the coast mainly because boat travel has been (or will be) abandoned.  >:(

I only come to the coast when I am looking for large amounts of people to kill. That said, I'm perfectly find with 3-5 kills a day I make in the inland.

Edited by Infiltrator

Coast because for me this game is about player interactions / encounters and not hidding in the forest and having SERIOUS troubles to survive to this big threat that are zombies, oh wait.

I'm inland for the most part, only heading to the coast for patients.  Part of it is I enjoy the scenery and wandering around in the forests and mountains of the north.  The other part is the loot is better and people are less crazy and unpredictable.

I think too I just got sick of water after living on Skalisty Island or Rify and riding the coast on my PBX in the mod.  But that's neither here nor there.

I'm inland for the most part, only heading to the coast for patients.  Part of it is I enjoy the scenery and wandering around in the forests and mountains of the north.  The other part is the loot is better and people are less crazy and unpredictable.

I think too I just got sick of water after living on Skalisty Island or Rify and riding the coast on my PBX in the mod.  But that's neither here nor there.

how often are you killed playing medic if you dont mind me asking

i assume lots of kos on you

how often are you killed playing medic if you dont mind me asking

i assume lots of kos on you

Last time I died in SA was early on when they purposely wiped the entire database.  My mod character is too damn old and I'm about ready to ride my motorcycle off a cliff.

Some people may hatch plans and such, but they either feel bad and do go through with it or I don't give them a chance.  We have security measures for a reason and can handle ourselves.

As would be on topic, I try not to frequent the coastal deathmatch zones to help out freshies, as a lot of them are just bandits that recently died in a firefight and are looking for a quick regear, but I have had some successful encounters when having to heal unconscious patients.  Otherwise I'll just leave the coastline for the bandit hunters and wannabe police to sort out.  I'll stick to my trees, rocks, and reasonable people.

Edited by (TMW)HerrJon

oh you are medic in a clan thought you were solo medic

yeah i like the coastal helper guys

i feel bad when they get kos'd

i just cant wait until new spawns are settled upon

then the coast becomes irrelevant except for people trying to pvp or drive quickly aross the map

I voted Back and Forth but i'll generally always run innawoods straight away and avoid the coast like the plague, occasionally going back to hunt bandits or fuck with people when i get bored.