Sign in to follow this  
BUckENbooz

How to delete character?

For 3 weeks I have played the game fine. But 4 days ago something bad happened, every time I join a server after about 10-15 seconds my game crashes. I've tried joining loads of different servers to see if it was just the server, but it is in fact the game. I've checked to see if my game is up to date, checked my battleeye, tried a few tricks I read online and nothing is working.

Now to my question of topic, how do I delete my character and start a new one? I think their might of been something on my character that is making it crash. I would just remove all my items but the problem is a day ago when I started in a server I started on the coast with all the starting equipment, but in the DayZ menu it shows my character from before. I THINK this may be what is causing it to crash, so how do I delete my character if I can. Is there some sort of folder?

As far as the crashing I have already posted this in the bug reports here: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=9800

Is this on the stable or experimental?  I was having this issue on the stable branch a couple of dayz ago.  Now it's working fine.  Don't know why.

You can't delete your character, it's saved on the servers. Sorry you can never play DayZ anymore.

Hehehuhhuahah, nah I don't know, just report it.

Is this on the stable or experimental?  I was having this issue on the stable branch a couple of dayz ago.  Now it's working fine.  Don't know why.

I tried this on stable. For some reason I cant do experimental.

click on the character editor, and click default.

But it only changes after you have died on the character.

you could give it a try by deleting your profile-folder, just windowsearch for dayz

Try to delete the file(s) under the Dayz map in "my documents" (take backup first) Think your profile is stored localy so this should help deleting the character I guess.

Deleting any of your local files will not help since your character is stored in a db on the server, not locally on your computer. Best solution is prolly reporting and hope for the best D:

yeh, didn't thought bout that point - same as reinstalling.

OP, you know where you located ingame? Ask someone to kill you.