mclovinmarshall

New Weapons

...then why did Russian soldiers in the Ukraine jump off trucks with AN94s in their arms? There's AN94s ALL OVER Crimea.

They didn't, they had AK74s as you will see in almost every photo... they are not "all over Crimea". Any AN94s are being used by special units. Not many AN-94s were produced.

I'd be interested to see an actual photo of an AN-94 in the Crimea, if they're "all over" the place. The only thing that turned up in a cursory Google search was one extremely blurry shot of a muzzle brake.

0_ac927_42ffdb04_XL.jpg

They didn't, they had AK74s as you will see in almost every photo... they are not "all over Crimea". Any AN94s are being used by special units. Not many AN-94s were produced.

I'd be interested to see an actual photo of an AN-94 in the Crimea, if they're "all over" the place. The only thing that turned up in a cursory Google search was one extremely blurry shot of a muzzle brake.

I've seen AN94s on the news and on Youtube. I'm a firearm histophile; I like to keep an eye out for these things. The '74 and the 94 are distinctive enough I don't think I'd confuse one with the other.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've seen plenty of them.

The internet seems to agree that I'm wrong. Sorry :(

Edited by Applejaxc

Wait, since when did the UZI and Mac 10 fire .45 ? They're both 9mm aren't they?

Oh and I would far prefer a škorpian vz.61 to either of those SMG's.

Wrong.

Edited post due to crazy formatting.

The Mac 10 and 11 both made by Ingram, the Mac 10 chambered in .45ACP and the Mac 11 chambered in 380auto/ 9mm short. As for the IMI Uzi all its different models ( standard, mini, micro) are all chambered in 9x19 (9mm luger/para). 

The Macs without the suppressor are pretty useless weapons due to their light weight, high rate of fire and very short barrel, though the .45 is a slightly better model of the 2. They are very short range weapons and again without the suppressor are only really accurate to a distance of 10 meters after that its pretty much squeeze and hope. 

The Uzi standard and mini are much more effective SMGs with far greater accuracy and a much more stable weapon system. Both the Uzi and the mini Uzi have been used by many different military units and CP teams proving its worth. 

So if it was a choice out of the 2 systems it would have to be the Uzi no doubt on that.

This'll make the CoD and DayZ fanboys happy... A tactical .22, the ultimate in survivalist and over-the-top at the same time!

post-200133-0-98387000-1397739980_thumb.

Edited by KingBritain

As50, Ak 107, AN-94 no for realism sake

I think the AS50 should be added really far down the road when there is a central loot economy, where it could be made extremely rare (like the mountain dew was but even rarer). It could be a kind of throwback to the mod since it was the endgame in that. It is in limited use with navy SEALS and maybe SAS. Both American and British militaries seem to have been present (along with Russians), so i suppose it could make sense on a very rare scale.

I'd like to see a variant of the AWM be the "final" sniper rifle in this game.  CZ, GB, Germany, Russia, Poland, and several other Euro nations use this rifle within special operations groups...

• Like 2

Chernarus is a sovereign country with it's own military, and NATO hardware doesn't really belong. The CDF (which is, in fact, in the game as zombies) uses weapons of Russian descent, but they don't operate anything much newer than 1995, with the notable exception, which seem to be very western. 

yes, but it would be ignorent to say that Nato forces were never deployed into the area after the fall of the soviet union.  The CDF may have verywell taken over when Nato was no longer needed. It would make sense for there to be Nato equipment and weaponry in the area.  (For example the UN helmets that can be found)

I'd like to see a variant of the AWM be the "final" sniper rifle in this game.  CZ, GB, Germany, Russia, Poland, and several other Euro nations use this rifle within special operations groups...

I like this idea, but i think that the RSASS, the SR-25, and other urban style marksman rifles/ DMR's/ sniper rifles would rather be looted than the AWM, but the rifle is a good idea for a middle scale sniper weapon