Areos (DayZ)

What weapon was underwhelming to you?

damn.. so you can use m9sd ammo in a normal m9 and it will be just as quiet to zombies as the suppressed version? good to know.

Whats even more good is to use M9sd ammo in Glock since its less crappy then M9 in general.

I found g17 to be very underwhelming sure the flashlight and large mags where good. But its downfall for me was the low power and scarcity of ammunition.

I quickly changed back to m1911.

Most weapons that I've fired and used really shined in their usability and handling rather than power and awesomeness.

It is really hard to simulate how a gun feels on your hands, how it recoils (the force applied to you not just the aim displacement), how the parts move and feel, the shape it has, the sights and the overall balance etc...etc...etc. It is really hard to describe, but when I was using the RK-62 I found it to be infinitely superior to the more modern RK-95 counterpart that was lighter, had a fold-able stock, railings, a "better" barrel and interior design. Sure it was older and heavier, but the way it felt and handled was amazing despite the bulkier design. Dismantling that old sucker was almost like sex too, the parts moved so gracefully and oil was very easy to clean off before using the gun. I got to the top three best marksmen in my country with that beauty.

I guess I'm just saying that even if some gun is considered "better" in real life, in a game the same weapon might very well perform worse just because there is only so little that you can simulate with a keyboard and a mouse.

damn.. so you can use m9sd ammo in a normal m9 and it will be just as quiet to zombies as the suppressed version? good to know.

Whats even more good is to use M9sd ammo in Glock since its less crappy then M9 in general.

of course you're right, i'm just using an m9 now and didn't know that was the case. as soon as i can get my hands on a g17 i'll switch for sure.

yeah the crossbow is pretty much useless.. only slightly better than nothing at all imo.

Most of the rare weapons in general.

The scarcity of ammo kind of negates the slight lethality increase they offer. I find a lot of them to be more of a novelty than anything else.

Damn Turin, great fav games list, especially CK2 and Vicky2, always great to see another paradoxian somewhere!

DMR was such a disappointment when I found one. No zero-ing was the killer.

The M9SD is horrible innacurrate and has incredibly low damage.

The Bizon SD was a perfectly fine gun' date=' although it's absolutely pointless when guns like the M4 CCO exist with much more common ammo

[/quote']

No Zero-ing? The DMR has Mildots... each dot is 100meters... no need to Zero it.. crosshair is 300meters... each dot below is a additional 100meters... works like a champ.

I was disappointed by MP5SD. While it is great for taking out zombies, it just felt awful in a stand up fight. I'd hit people 8+ times and they would still be running around.

Crossbow

M16A2

PDW

I think the main problem with all 3 is the ironsights. The crossbow has none, the M16's is off, and the PDW's is shit.

I actually like the M9SD, I think I'm on my 3rd or 4th one... Helps being that one guy with a silenced weapon that can take out zeds without the additional aggro.

Edit: Adding double barrel and M1014 to the list. I prefer the M1014's sights to my Remmington, but it uses the same ammo, is louder, and doesn't have a flashlight. The double barrel takes up too much space for ammo and only has 2 shots before the reload.

The crossbow, is actually very good when used in a team. You can get 4-5 people through a corridor of zed's, into a town, with no noise, having the people coming behind to pick up the bolts.

It's offensive only really, but, quiet, and good for clearing a path... just don't expect the weilder to be carrying much loot back..

What the x-bow needs is a change in the core arma game to put bolts into the gear of dead targets, and for bolts to be quivered into 5's... it's punishment enough with the reload speed, and CH+ADS to be so widly off..

The fucking M9SD was the most disappointing piece of crap ever. Silenced' date=' yes, but inaccurate and does as much damage as fucking poking someone.

[/quote']

I think it's useful for tactical situations where you have to kill zombies without alerting nearby survivors. But besides that, it is a piece of junk that's hard to keep supplied.

DMR was such a disappointment when I found one. No zero-ing was the killer.

The DMR is a great sniper once you learn how to use it. I would recommend practising with it in ARMA2 SP or Coop.

M9 rl sucks.

the FN fal is great' date=' but of couse the M14 dot is better... it is an M14 lol

[/quote']

If you're honestly saying that the m14 with that aimpoint is better than the FAL for mid-long range shooting then you're ignorant, try hitting a target at 300m with an aimpoint weapon sometimes... it's almost random chance. Do the same with the FAL and you can reach out as far as you can see the target with no problems, the only downside the scarcity of ammo.

For me the biggest let down is the aimpoints themselves, they large dot version we get is useless for long shots and the fact that it's not opaque at all just makes it annoying, the EOTech Holo is not only better at range but it's better for reaction shooting.

I could also go for the ability to use the ACOG's close quarters notches, it's a nice scope but the m16-ACOG is just a liability at anywhere inside 100m.

1 Shot from teh FN FAL instantly took me from 12000 to 1875 blood and knocked me unconscious. Its basically a 1 shot kill.

@ Nekosan. An aimpoint is only as good as the shooter. Some people are better with irons, some are better with reddots. An M14 is also more accurrate then an FN FAL by a long shot.

I just found an MP5SD and that thing seems to have NO Power at all. It may be good for clearing zeds in a city but, for fighting, I dont think it will keep you alive. I think I may just switch back to my Lee Enfield, one of my favorite weapons in the game.

Bizon SD. Have one in my truck for covert situations, but it's very meh for a super rare spawn. Plus ammo is hard as fuck to find.

The crossbow' date=' is actually very good when used in a team. You can get 4-5 people through a corridor of zed's, into a town, with no noise, having the people coming behind to pick up the bolts.

It's offensive only really, but, quiet, and good for clearing a path... just don't expect the weilder to be carrying much loot back..

What the x-bow needs is a change in the core arma game to put bolts into the gear of dead targets, and for bolts to be quivered into 5's... it's punishment enough with the reload speed, and CH+ADS to be so widly off..

[/quote']

Agree strongly. If the crossbow took up less spaces (5-7 but was still a primary) and the bolts came in x5 instead of x1, people would actually use them more. Would be cool.

MP5, used up the 5 mags then dumped it as soon as I found a replacement.

I avoid PvP like the plague. As such, M1911 and Winchester seems to be the best loadout. Both are 1 hit kills, use easily found ammo, and the Winchester is quiet enough that it's rare that zombies aggro to it.

MP5' date=' used up the 5 mags then dumped it as soon as I found a replacement.

I avoid PvP like the plague. As such, M1911 and Winchester seems to be the best loadout. Both are 1 hit kills, use easily found ammo, and the Winchester is quiet enough that it's rare that zombies aggro to it.

[/quote']

1911 is pretty much the only serious option for secondary, unless you really need a silencer. Revolver isn't terrible either.

I avoid PvP like the plague. As such' date=' M1911 and Winchester seems to be the best loadout. Both are 1 hit kills, use easily found ammo, and the Winchester is quiet enough that it's rare that zombies aggro to it.

[/quote']

Agreed. winchesters ammo is common, and its 15 rounds each. It's perfect for mowing down zombies and sneaking up on the CoD baddies. You can find and repair a car without having to go to north west airfield for a reliable gun.

As a high level player, MK48 is pretty disappointing.

On paper, it looks like a mean zombie slaying machine. 100 round mags, 7.62x51.

The damage is awesome. The recoil is strange, requires you to use it to understand what I'm talking about. I find I'm more lethal with the M249.

That being said, even M249 isn't that good PVP. Great for killing zombies, because 200 round mag, and 2 bullets at most will down a zombie.

I find best PvP weapons are M4/M16 (M16A4 Acog is a beautiful weapon), AKM, DMR, FAL, M14, and CZ 550/M24.

Long range sniping without AS50/M107, CZ 550 is a beautiful weapon. Long range and super high damage is beautiful. Definitely under-rated imo. M24 can replace it.

If I had to spawn and go for a pvp load out ASAP it would no question be the cz550 (handgun wouldn't be that important but id prefer a 1911). I also agree its underrated.. The mil dots on other sniper rifles are good but with practice you can get the job done without them. This is if I was going solo, though.

I think in a group is where a gun like the m249shines. The suppression that the gun dishes out is no joke and in an urban battle it can deal with zombies and humans very effectively. You don't usually need to worry about becoming overwhelmed by zombies when you're carrying a saw.

You're vulnerable to snipers though, so if you're by yourself mowing down zombies in a town, bandits can hear and come running.. The fact that it's relatively rare and you can pretty easily identify it by its sound doesn't help either.

It's still incredibly fun though so I've been using it as my main and never staying anywhere very long (a good strategy no matter what, though). Recently found a bison sd and its great for stealth zombie killing. I like the big clips.. But I wouldn't really want to pvp with it. What I like about the saw too is that because of how many rounds in one clip, you can take out multiple people easily if the chance arises. It's usable in pvp for sure.. Setting up an ambush for instance with the m249 can be devastating. But the range of a sniper rifle is better for solo work really. Better not to have to get too close.

I have to post for this, since I found the FAL so terrible.

I see many of you arguing about how the FAL has these great iron sights on it, and I can never understand what logic it is that people use to say M16's and FAL have iron sights that can even remotely contend with the AK's tactical design, I have attached screenshots to boot:

FAL unzoomed:

post-49273-0-63266900-1344045993_thumb.j

Notice the massive bulk that makes up the sight that you have to look through, blocking so much of your view, now take a look at the godly AKM:

AKM unzoomed:

post-81319-0-48683300-1344048903_thumb.j

Someone PLEASE explain to me how the FAL is somehow superior to any of the AK line of weapons regarding the iron sights, because I am at a loss as to how so many people play with a weapon that takes up nearly twice as much real estate on your monitor than the AK, while doing the same damage, with a smaller magazine and extremely rare ammunition.

The AK is superior in any and all scenarios as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Most of the rare weapons in general.

The scarcity of ammo kind of negates the slight lethality increase they offer. I find a lot of them to be more of a novelty than anything else.

Damn Turin' date=' great fav games list, especially CK2 and Vicky2, always great to see another paradoxian somewhere!

[/quote']

EU3 for the win broski!

M107 SHIT WEAPON , Miss 1 time by lag and you lose ur target because of the retarded Recoil...