Sign in to follow this  
JerryJonesIII

Can any one help

My little cousin has cancer and loves this game. He really wants me to start playing with since he cant go out and do much due to chemo treatments and risk of getting sick. I would love to buy this game and play with him but I dont know if my PC can handle this game.

Intel duo core E4500 @ 2.20 ghz

2gb Ram

ATI Radeon HD 5450

1 terrabyte hard drive.

can anyone tell me if I can run this game, and actually have it preform in a playable fashion. I have read the system requirements, im mostly not sure about my processor being 2.20 ghz when it says in requirements I need 2.4. Is that 2.40? or just 2.4. Also I dont know if my video card is compatable.... Sorry for the dumb question, I just really wanna know and make my cousins day by getting online tonight.

• Like 1

It may be playable, but I highly doubt you would get an enjoyable experience.

I had a Core 2 Duo 3.0ghz and things were great, but I also had better specs on everything else... so if you can upgrade the CPU, and maybe the GPU, it will cost you about $150 max to get very good results.

Needs more ram, a better CPU (I5 running at least 2.5ghz is reccomended) and possibly a better GPU.

I feel bad reading this while half-naked and listen to a stupid song...

Anyway, you can still run it, as DayZ can be run on nearly anything, but you'll probably get a pretty low framerate. Sorry about your cousin, I hope they get better.  :thumbsup:

I would look for a quad core cpu and gtx 460 graphics card on ebay so you can get better experience playing Dayz,

You could pick both up for around £80 total and would probably at least double your current rigs performance extra ram would be a good too if you can.

Just a cheap upgrade option for you, all the best to your cousin.

Edited by Furyk