Sign in to follow this  
blindwuzi

DayZ Da Seasons

What are you trying to ask here?

Do you want this? Are you wondering what the season is currently in DayZ?

Four words slopped together like that is an art and achievement itself.

Did you want to leave the question open for interpretation or something?

But yes, I think I know what you wanted to say, and I wouldn't mind it or regional based weather (cold / winter in mountains, Summer at the beach or whatever.)

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 3

Different seasons in the game would be cool, having to find warm clothes for winter and everything. Would bring a new aspect to the game.

• Like 2

This will not been implemented. Had you just used the search function you would have known why.

• Like 1

This will not been implemented. Had you just used the search function you would have known why.

So based on your comment, I searched and couldn't find said link that you are so sure of.

As you can see, from this thread: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/177936-weather/?hl=seasons#entry1823631 - it may actually be possible.

So you, Sir, are full of shit. 

• Like 3

Its actually not that hard, just not sure how the engine for SA handles it. Its called procedural textures, basically just have two textures and make it transition from one to the other at a certain rate of time... typically in sync with whatever "snow precipitation" effect you have going on to make it look like snow is accumulating.

The biggest problem I see right off the bat here is how many textures ARMA/DayZ use just for simple things. Using procedural textures it would be double what currently exists for ground/flora related things.

Another would be the hive itself, would all servers transition seasons at the same rate or one by one? What if players switch to winter gear? What if admins start "locking" their servers to seasons kind of like how they lock servers to time of day now? Some sort of executive decision would need to be made on these things.

But yes, in most situations its quite possible.

Im still trying to find the correct Google translate language to comprehend exactly what is going on here, but Im pretty good with linguistics so let me just take a stab at it anyhow.. 

Seasons would be nice once respawning loot and zeds are working well. We could have longer server reset times, like 6 hours.. and every 2 hours there could be a season cycle, or have 2 seasons? Have it change to winter, and back to summer.. something like that.

BTW.. has anyone seen the sunrise on Dayz SA? I experienced my first one the other day.. I just had never played during that server timeframe yet. Wow, dat pink. The sky and sunrise look amazing.. :)

Day_Z_2014_03_13_23_20_07_962.jpg

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

A few days ago I ran around at night, bleeding and starving and I knew I was gonna go unconscious. Then I saw the absolute beautiful crescent moon, and kept running towards it because if I could do anything with this half dead character, it was checking the moon out.

And that's what I did, stared at the moon in a full sprint until I mercifully fell unconscious.

And I agree, dusk and dawn and the atmospheric ambient golden light on afternoons wows me Every. Single. Time.

• Like 1

And I agree, dusk and dawn and the atmospheric ambient golden light on afternoons wows me Every. Single. Time.

One of these days I know Im going to be standing there, staring up at the sun.. and BAM! I drop dead

dayzdiary3.jpg

Snow wouldn't be hard. Spring and Summer probably look the same...fall? just have leaves falling on your screen constantly.

So based on your comment, I searched and couldn't find said link that you are so sure of.

As you can see, from this thread: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/177936-weather/?hl=seasons#entry1823631 - it may actually be possible.

Of course it is possible, it's just very hard to do. The map designers would have to design a new Chernarus covered in snow. This will take a long time.

If seasons were to change gradually it would take even longer because they would have to design even more variations.

So no, I'm not full of shit. Not the least.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/165212-seasons/page-3

Read from the third post on that site.

Qn39saA.png

Somehow, I think you'll still have some smartass comeback.

Edited by blindwuzi
  • Like 1

Somehow, I think you'll still have some smartass comeback.

Yeah, another guy already showed me that.

Sorry, wrong thread.

Edited by Korsbaek

Would love to see the north covered in snow. I've been roaming around there lately and it's changed into a mountainous area that would go perfectly with snow. It should be harder to survive, but more plentiful loot. Kind of hardcore mode, if you will. I saw lots of unfinished places and lots of awesome new finished places. The unfinished ones could be extra military buildings that spawn more high-end gear.
I can already imagine the story behind it. The infection starts in Chernarus. The UN and Russia move in to get a hold of the situation but don't succeed. Obviously, the UN would move in from the south (they have to move in from the sea of course) and Russia from the north (Chernarussia borders Russia to the north). South will spawn UN helmets, those US shirts and M4's (basically as it is now). North will spawn the superior TTswhatever camo, SVDs, AKMs, winter camo and all kinds of Russian high-end loot. North however, surviving is a bitch due to the cold and the low camo in the snow without the proper gear, though this trouble won't be without reward.
Would be a perfect scenario, wouldn't you agree?

In the rezzed video it was stated that there will be advanced weather. In a screenshot; Dean pointed out snow.

So yeah, seasonal weather is coming somehow. I think I recall it being a possibility in Quarter 4 from the video.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoLZogUs4No

Edited by Strongtent

Would love to see the north covered in snow. I've been roaming around there lately and it's changed into a mountainous area that would go perfectly with snow. It should be harder to survive, but more plentiful loot. Kind of hardcore mode, if you will. I saw lots of unfinished places and lots of awesome new finished places. The unfinished ones could be extra military buildings that spawn more high-end gear.

I can already imagine the story behind it. The infection starts in Chernarus. The UN and Russia move in to get a hold of the situation but don't succeed. Obviously, the UN would move in from the south (they have to move in from the sea of course) and Russia from the north (Chernarussia borders Russia to the north). South will spawn UN helmets, those US shirts and M4's (basically as it is now). North will spawn the superior TTswhatever camo, SVDs, AKMs, winter camo and all kinds of Russian high-end loot. North however, surviving is a bitch due to the cold and the low camo in the snow without the proper gear, though this trouble won't be without reward.

Would be a perfect scenario, wouldn't you agree?

Personally I am a big fan of winter camouflage and like the soviet style gear so I would love to actually have my winter pants blend into something, I agree the more northern you go you will accumulate snow & cold. Also it adds more of a geographical feel for where your loot could be located at. I agree 100%.  

In the rezzed video it was stated that there will be advanced weather. In a screenshot; Dean pointed out snow.

So yeah, seasonal weather is coming somehow. I think I recall it being a possibility in Quarter 4 from the video.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoLZogUs4No

He did briefly say, I believe, that it will not settle on the ground. ;)

He did briefly say, I believe, that it will not settle on the ground. ;)

I was using the video as a comparison, not actual implemented footage.