Sign in to follow this  
candytripn

Server hoppers... more warning?

So I'm on a server with some guy I met in game.. we've been playing for the last like 5 hours or so.. server pop is getting really low.. it's down to 3 of us. We're looting the sw military base, and all of a sudden we hear loading behind us.. before we can turn around some guy unloads with an m4 on both of us. We were in the back of some barraks, and he ended up being behind us.

Yeah.. ok.. so I know this happens, but damn, can there be anymore warning? We were both in TS and noticed the sound but died before we could even turn around. Do you guys notice people popping in the server? I get we die a lot in this game.. but I feel kinda cheated when me and a buddy scope a place out.. back in thinking we've got the only entrance choked off, then dying to a surprise log in.

I'd love it if you logged back in at a random spot within say 150yds of where you logged out. I know it's prolly rare to be at the hotspot someone logs in, but it's happened on more than one occasion, and seems like it would be easy to just pick a spot, and server hop looking for easy kills on people who've already cleared the room your in.

/endrant

• Like 3

I'd love it if you logged back in at a random spot within say 150yds of where you logged out.

I actually really like this idea.

for those really long stand offs when you have 2 groups of people against eachother, even with the log in timer, people can still server hop, move behind you and log back in to the same server again.

This would be a good way of preventing that kind of exploit.

• Like 1

Airfields and  Milatary bases should be made into Red zones you can not log into or out of,

same as inside any buildings IMHO

There has to be some way to force people to only log out and in while in the forest,

and it's about the only way I see to prevent this server hopping abuse that goes on in DayZ.

I see a lot of people camp out at the airfields logging in and out,hopping server to server to Gear up

Fast food mentality,I want it and I want it now....Fast!

• Like 1

Log in should take longer even if your computer is faster...just like when you log out, your toon stands there for a f.e. 10 sec cooldown period.

Edited by Enforcer

Airfields and  Milatary bases should be made into Red zones you can not log into or out of,

same as inside any buildings IMHO

There has to be some way to force people to only log out and in while in the forest,

and it's about the only way I see to prevent this server hopping abuse that goes on in DayZ.

I see a lot of people camp out at the airfields logging in and out,hopping server to server to Gear up

Fast food mentality,I want it and I want it now....Fast!

Bind characters to servers will get rid of server hopping. nonsense about playing with friends on other servers doesn't exist. this isn't a game that requires leveling up until you see blue in the face like other MMO'S, so no spending months to get all your skills and levels. the only thing you have to work on is getting more gear. And that can be achieved simply by running around and your friends can help. There is no need for grinding. This game is already, once you die, you die and loose everything .. so this whole whining about having to start another character (again, or on different server) instead of being able to server hop is a totally retarded argument.

This will get rid of server hopping easy .. and treat all bases and houses as red zones .. you disconnect (sadly it will mean loosing connection as well).. you respawn outside randomly within a certain radius... say bye bye to ghosting. The only place where you will respawn where you were are friendly places (like future player build bases or certain spots in the forests where you can log out without problem). 10 seconds to log off to prevent combat logging, 5 for logging in and you can't get killed or kill within those 5 seconds (this is merely so that the servers and your computer can catch up). It is really not that difficult to fix .. you just need to force people to be unhappy when they log off .. it will teach them to be smart about it and other than personal emergencies, which are unfortunate, will create a play style where the player will go to a safe place out of habit ...

Edited by dhagens1965
  • Like 2

Characters bound to server would be awesome. I don't see any issue with this other than either requiring more storage space for the host or for the company. Most of the fun comes from those times when you don't have any gear (well.. for me). Would also solve the argument over friendly/pve and roleplay servers that I keep reading about, plus all the reasons you listed :)