Sign in to follow this  
DIRECTIONLESSFURY

Lag or Hack?

I am certain other people have experienced this before, and I have witnessed it once on someones stream of DayZ SA, however after playing for months now I have not had that many problems that I don't expect, this is not another one of the crying kiddies post about how hackers ruin the game and its so broken they refuse to play and demand the devs "DO SOMETHING NOW!".

I am fully aware the game is in alpha, and there is bugs and problems consistently being addressed, I have lost characters randomly, died randomly (not sniped) from things I assume are invisible zombies and or my character actually being stuck outside a building when I see him inside, however personally the game is very playable if you accept its in development. Just like the disclaimer says http://imgur.com/TY22KFi and the disclaimer I click "I understand" everytime I play.

As I mentioned I have witnessed this happen to someone els on a stream once, and at first I thought it might be hacking, then I considered it might be lag but overall I am uncertain even in my personal experience. I do have the server it happened on and screenshots of all the players names in game highlighted to see if there are any dysync or ping issues, and from what I could see nothing really stands out besides one ping around 260, if it is relevant to someone who knows what they are talking about I will upload the screenshots. 

My in game name was Methylamfetamin and during the encounter I had no dysync and my ping was a steady 107, not ideal but I had no issues on that server with the previous 2 people I encountered.  If this has been addressed before and an explanation offered, a link would be great thanks.

Lag, i was playing and this happened to me a few days back, given up on the game until they fix this shit.. Arma servers are horrible and i simply can't understand how DayZ SA servers can lag, i mean it may just be Arma 2's shitty coding but yea.. Needs to be fixed.. 

• Like 2

Lag, i was playing and this happened to me a few days back, given up on the game until they fix this shit.. Arma servers are horrible and i simply can't understand how DayZ SA servers can lag, i mean it may just be Arma 2's shitty coding but yea.. Needs to be fixed.. 

You have given up on the game until they fix this shit? Did you read any of my post? or the link of the steam disclaimer i posted? http://imgur.com/TY22KFi

I feel you have not, and also did not read the disclaimer.

It looks like a teleport hack at 2min 

But obviously because it's from your perspective you cant really be certain... 

You say you're not lagging.. But if he's lagging, that will still negatively effect you and your perception of him.

Looks like the ol' lagswitch trick from quake days, although i'm quite certain that doesn't work on arma and thats why people use addon-hacks,  there are addon hacks that allow teleporting...

It looks like a teleport hack at 2min 

But obviously because it's from your perspective you cant really be certain... 

You say you're not lagging.. But if he's lagging, that will still negatively effect you and your perception of him.

Looks like the ol' lagswitch trick from quake days, although i'm quite certain that doesn't work on arma and thats why people use addon-hacks,  there are addon hacks that allow teleporting...w

Yea its a bit intense, and consistent to be considered actual lag, thats how I feel anyway so your input does support what I considered odd about the encounter. 

Edited by DIRECTIONLESSFURY

This is why if I am anticipating a fight or at anytime possible, I try to play on the servers with the lowest ping to reduce any possibility of lag and desync.

Hacker...the guy with the zomb havnt lags caus the zomb acts normal, and if the guy who shoot him has an desync he cant do nothing caus of lag/desync...

if i get a desync i cant put out my gun ore move items in inventory and cant never shoot people nor see them moving.

HES A HACKER

• Like 2

I'm hijacking this thread, for lag associated bugs/glitches >: )

2nv9jzq.jpg

can you guess who i'm looking at?

nope, I'm looking at my own character.

this is in the experimental build; the server must have some serious lag to allow my body to multiply and allow me to punch myself

Edited by IG Rage

This wasn't lag/desync. All I do is hunt and kill people. Sometimes I'm killed, but not very often. Most of my deaths are from shit like this. As someone else pointed out, the zombie acted normally and wasn't skipping around at all. The guy recording the video wasn't rubber-banding. The guy who was chasing him was blatantly running through walls, he wasn't ducking corners or anything, he was running right at them. If you can't tell the difference, you shouldn't be giving your opinion. There are so many hackers in this game; too many of them get dismissed as desync. He didn't desync for three minutes straight.

My opinion: hack.

• Like 3

Hacker. If he had that much lag he wouldn't have been able to follow you that closely, much less hit that precisely with so few shots. That teleporting hack seems to be the most common of hacks atm judging from the relatively high amount of video examples that have been popping up here on the forum these last couple of weeks.

That and the see-through-walls glitch is mainly what has been keeping me from playing for a while. It is nearly impossible to have normal player encounters at the moment on account of these.

i havnt seen a lot of hackers, but i do remember yesterday i ran into a dude shooting newspawns, he shot a double barrel 3 times in a row and killed all 3 of us charging him.

if people kill people with guns or with cars ..what is causing the death of people? your signature is stupid and lacks logic!

during the encounter I had no dysync and my ping was a steady 107,

I've had my friends tell me my desync was going through the roof yet when I look it shows up as 0.  They then disappear but yet can still see me.

this is a tough one, because the start of the video makes it look like a hack, but I've seen some players desyncing doing very similar stuff. The main reason why I believe it was most likely a desync on his part is at the very end of the video, as you are strafing around him, he doesn't even move. Then you die, from ongoing bloodloss plus the hits you took at the start of that final encounter. I mean, it could be a hacker, sure, but the way that character acted it seems more likely a desync scenario. However, if there is a new 'lagspike'/'lagswitch' hack available, then that would most likely be the cause.

This wasn't lag/desync. All I do is hunt and kill people. Sometimes I'm killed, but not very often. Most of my deaths are from shit like this. As someone else pointed out, the zombie acted normally and wasn't skipping around at all. The guy recording the video wasn't rubber-banding. The guy who was chasing him was blatantly running through walls, he wasn't ducking corners or anything, he was running right at them. If you can't tell the difference, you shouldn't be giving your opinion. There are so many hackers in this game; too many of them get dismissed as desync. He didn't desync for three minutes straight.

My opinion: hack.

I've played with friends from the UK, and when they were desyncing badly it looked an awful lot like this. I'm not saying it is definitely a desync, but I think it's the most likely.

I'm glad to see that you weigh others' arguments before dismissing them out of hand </sarcasm>

this is a tough one, because the start of the video makes it look like a hack, but I've seen some players desyncing doing very similar stuff. The main reason why I believe it was most likely a desync on his part is at the very end of the video, as you are strafing around him, he doesn't even move. Then you die, from ongoing bloodloss plus the hits you took at the start of that final encounter. I mean, it could be a hacker, sure, but the way that character acted it seems more likely a desync scenario. However, if there is a new 'lagspike'/'lagswitch' hack available, then that would most likely be the cause.

I've played with friends from the UK, and when they were desyncing badly it looked an awful lot like this. I'm not saying it is definitely a desync, but I think it's the most likely.

I'm glad to see that you weigh others' arguments before dismissing them out of hand </sarcasm>

Maybe you should do a little reading on how the hacks themselves work before "dismissing them out of hand". A simple google search will reveal all. It was desync, but it was intentional desync. ARMA hacks force server desync to achieve teleportation, etc. If the hacker in question wasn't blatantly running at walls in spots where it makes no sense whatsoever, like in the pub, I might believe it wasn't hacks. Or if the person recording the video had obvious desync/lag on his screen while interacting with the zombie and his environment in general, I might believe it wasn't hacks. Every time he attempted to open a door, it opened instantly. If he was desyncing, that wouldn't happen.

If you try the angle of the other guy lagging, then explain to me how he was able to track the guy recording the video with precision movements. When you're desyncing, you can't open doors. They appear as open for other players, but you yourself don't see them as such until your client synchronizes with the server. Have you ever lagged in this game? When you lag, you literally can't do anything but run away. You can't see other people running around, and if you do, they're running aimlessly in a straight line until your client catches up. No way in hell are you following a guy who's doing the old slip 'n' hide, bobbing and weaving through houses, walls, etc.

Anyway, think what you want. I'm not trying to be snide, I'm just amazed at the level of credibility people give desync. When you're desyncing, you're not able to do any of the shit this guy does in the video. Period.

• Like 2

Please don't make it like old games were like. High ping = you win the game, low ping = you lose the game. Why? Because there is no code to counter the ping, aka rubberbanding.

Maybe you should do a little reading on how the hacks themselves work before "dismissing them out of hand". A simple google search will reveal all. It was desync, but it was intentional desync. ARMA hacks force server desync to achieve teleportation, etc. If the hacker in question wasn't blatantly running at walls in spots where it makes no sense whatsoever, like in the pub, I might believe it wasn't hacks. Or if the person recording the video had obvious desync/lag on his screen while interacting with the zombie and his environment in general, I might believe it wasn't hacks. Every time he attempted to open a door, it opened instantly. If he was desyncing, that wouldn't happen.

If you try the angle of the other guy lagging, then explain to me how he was able to track the guy recording the video with precision movements. When you're desyncing, you can't open doors. They appear as open for other players, but you yourself don't see them as such until your client synchronizes with the server. Have you ever lagged in this game? When you lag, you literally can't do anything but run away. You can't see other people running around, and if you do, they're running aimlessly in a straight line until your client catches up. No way in hell are you following a guy who's doing the old slip 'n' hide, bobbing and weaving through houses, walls, etc.

Anyway, think what you want. I'm not trying to be snide, I'm just amazed at the level of credibility people give desync. When you're desyncing, you're not able to do any of the shit this guy does in the video. Period.

You say the hack abuses the desync issues already in the game and mimics them in ways because it is partially desync, so being rude to people who may not be as knowledgeable in that area doesnt really strengthen your argument or point of view in anyway. After all they can only be half wrong from your perspective. 

Informative opinion none the less, suspiciously informative....

Overall I concur with you.

2nv9jzq.jpg

this is in the experimental build; the server must have some serious lag to allow my body to multiply and allow me to punch myself

Been there done that.

2nv9jzq.jpg

Please make a separate thread, since it has nothing whatsoever to do with the subject of this thread.