Sign in to follow this  
cgz_uk

Shot on friendly servers from behind

So after getting past the "break leg and crawl" and "Starvation" era I am now constantly faced with backrape on friendly servers by people I cant hear.

I am always wary and check my perimeter but for the past few hours now when I find a quite spot I look and listen and hear nothing, then we I do something like eat or something suddenly Im shot once from behind and game over. Now I'm stopping in areas where there a no surpises. So where are these players appearing from ? and wft am I not hearing their footsteps or anything ? even crouched my footsteps are loud so why are they able to quietly get behind me from out of no-where ?

I don't get to see them nevermind hear them. if someone is running about I should atleast hear them no , footsteps, rustling of clothes or items ?

• Like 1

There's no such thing as a friendly server.  There are only public servers right now and they cannot make rules about PVP.

That aside I don't know what to tell you, you could have died from any number of reasons, including bugs or hacks.  If you actually heard the shots then I'd be a bit suspicious.

• Like 2

There's no such thing as a friendly server.  There are only public servers right now and they cannot make rules about PVP.

That aside I don't know what to tell you, you could have died from any number of reasons, including bugs or hacks.  If you actually heard the shots then I'd be a bit suspicious.

yes mike.. all quiet and1 shot and immediate death. So presumably head shot from no where (in a building corridor with no rooms). I did check the area before moving and settling to eat but again I heard nothing to suggest anyone was moving around .

If it was in a building one of your deaths could have been down to a server hopper but they tend to be given away when their weapons reload =/ 

I'd just wait till I was away from the city and in a nice comfortable hedge before eating and see if your luck improves.

beans for a refreshingly calm post. came to have a laugh at "friendly server" misadventures, was surprised to find no nerdrage..

if you have been instakilled without warning in a building, it -might- be a glitching camper. since faulty collision seems the topic of the night, i immediately thought of some griefer sitting behind the wall waiting for easy prey.

maybe a sniper, i've found myself more than once in a situation where i was 100% convinced of my cover, only to find out that i was visible from a certain angle.. to be honest, the fact that the reason of death often remains a mystery is both frustrating but also intriguing to me. it manages to engage the player long after the gaming session ended, leaving you in wonder what the hell killed you that one time..

• Like 1

And again.... welcome to DayZ... It won't get better... It's a pure pvp now with so little content... Once geared the only other option is to kill other players.

I fucked my girlfriend and got Herpes, AIDS, Crabs, and Herpaghonasyphilis turns out she's a prostitute/stripper trying to make money to go to college she thought I was one of her clients. Oh well you live and learn......welcome to DayZ *Shoots up with Heroin*

Edited by Xenology