karmalious

(Day 4) First human contact ... ( I really needed a friend )

It was Day4:

I logged in on a sunny mid-day to what I thought was an empty server and an empty airfield. I spent my previous four days dying in various ways and trying master some of the mechanics.

With a beautiful M4 in my hands, a sidearm, and a backpack, I was beginning to feel a sense that I could now adventure on my own and defend myself if needed. I traveled back south toward the Airfield knowing full well there could be other people there but with my refound sense of confidence, you could say; "I was looking for trouble".

I do my usually scouting routines prior to moving anywhere and I detect no movements.  Hangar, empty.  Building, hmm empty again.  Someone, must be nearby I think.  "I must keep my wits about me!"  Making my way cautiously toward the air tower and then slowly to the top I detect movement....

someone says:  "HEY HEY HEY! yo man Dont shoot, Im friendly!!!"

This is my actual first time talking with someone: "Dont worry man, I am friendly also".  Before, I could think of something clever to say he responds again...

"Yo man! Watch out is that your friend??!! Someones coming up the stairs?!"

Quickly, I join him on the top of the tower platform. Well, he sounds friendly at least...  Besides Id rather not get shot in the back.  I am now laying down expecting any moment someone to run up the stairs behind us both...

(You are being handcuffed)

I panic!!! Shit, what was the Stand button! What was the Run button!

( I am now handcuffed )

Someone does join us on the stairs, its HIS FRIEND.....

"Yo man, You got some nice Shit!". I plead in return; "Cmon man, I didnt shoot you guys just let me have my stuff and Ill be on my way".  They continue taunting me, "I don't know man, I dont trust you".  I say in return again hoping it will make a difference, "Cmon guys, I didnt shoot you. Please let me go". After a few tense moments something happens... My captors duck down, as do I and they say with fear in their voices "Someones coming up the stairs!!!"  My original captors now caught off guard turn to me and yell "Yo man, is this your friend?!!" "Yo man dont shoot us".  This new stranger, now on the platform with us and his weapon drawn, doesn't reply.  My captors call for him to identify himself again "Do you know each other?! Are you friendly?!"

I am still handcuffed and on my knees.  This new person now having failed to say a word turns to me....and without a notice, POW! I feel my backpack and arm rip from my shoulder! I scream in pain "DUDE! What the hell, I am handcuffed and unarmed!"

Even my captors as suprised as I was, "Dude what the F*** he just shot him!". It wasnt but another 3 seconds when the second click came..... then the black screen.  I was shot in the head.  Apparently, I should have just stayed in the woods.

----------------------

Apparently, I need a friend because if only I had some backup I might have survived this.

STEAM ID: Karmalious

In game name: Karma

Roleplay: HERO Ethics

About me:  31 y/o , Male , 420 friendly, US SERVERS! / Colorado

email: anesthesia2012@yahoo.com

Im not looking for a clan, but if there is another survivor or two finding themselves in a similar situation. Lets group up! I play HERO ethics...

Edited by karmalious
  • Like 4

i recently grouped up with a couple of guys on a hardcore server, mainly expecting to be killed on sight as i approached them, i was pleasently surprised to find out they was actual friendly players playing on hero style, we was on a server with 15-20 people and scouted cherno before moving north, we shall be online tomorrow night so if you fancy joining a well established group then feel free, their is no backstabbing, we each know our jobs while looting areas and split gear according to our roles in the team.

I have got to admit, it has give the game a new insight fir me to continue playing.

So, you screamed in pain? From a video game?

Seriously, though, first rule of DayZ....never trust anyone. Ever.

no ..first rule of dayz is to not be heard or seen... second rule is to trust no one

Edited by mssing

If you're on experimental hardcore then I wouldn't mind another set of eyes, although I'm UK based so lag might be an issue on US servers.

DAY: (unknown) " Shit bro,  my bad! "

I linked up with some new casual people, another newbie like myself and veteran from the mod but new to the standalone.  It was at the airfield where we would practice our grouping skills together as we took over the airfield and barracks.  Now fully equipped we would decide to head into town, but it was then that someone says : "Dude, I feel nauseous".

What do you mean, you feel nauseous I ask wondering if he is needing to log any moment?

"Dude, I feel like I'm going to faint"

Again, I say now realizing he is talking in character: "What happened? Are you sick or bleeding?"

"Sick, I think I ate a bad can of beans a while back"

Laughing out loud, " Okay okay, so it sounds like he is about to faint so lets try to find some charcoal tablets or some antibiotics."

Now, the mission has become one of medical desperation instead of adventure.  We ransack all the nearby towns to no avail.  Finally, one of the new guys checks his pockets.. "Antibiotics? I have that!" "The Tricyclic antibiotics , right?"  To which he replied "Yes"

Well shit, Munch on that bro!..............munch.......munch.....munch...

"Nope, Im still sick!"  Haha,  Apparently our young inexperience is showing.  Food poisoning is best cured by CHARCOAL,,, not antibiotics.  Now our run has become more desperate as we try to locate a hospital hoping there is still some charcoal that has not been looted by rioting or rotting in the ruined mess.

I could have sworn I wasn't but a couple hundred meters from his location when I lost visual site of him.  "Im unconscious!" he says.  So now, Im trying to run around and find his passed out body somewhere because being the great nurse I am, I had brought a couple medkits with me and some IV Start kits, etc.  

Then out of the corner of my eye, a running backpack guy running past me not even hearing me.  I take no chances and call out on voice:

"FREEZE! STOP NOW! PUT YOUR HANDS IN THERE AND DROP YOUR WEAPON OR YOU WILL BE SHOT!"

silence..... though he does turn around.....

Still nothing... A weapon is in his hand!  Given my previous experiences.... I take no chances!!!  I unload about 5 bullets into his upper chest and he falls like a sack of potatoes.  I call out to my friends "I found someone, but I killed him"

The new guy in the group replies "Im dead!"

LOL SHIT man!!!  Why didnt you put your hands up in the air? Or say something in return?!!! Dont worry Bro, STAY WITH US!!! Dont leave us!!... I run over and pull out my emergency medical kit, but damnit I must have dropped the saline bag somewhere!

(You have not received a message for 1 second)

Shit, server restart. My bad bro!  Luckily he didnt hate me for that.

Edited by karmalious
  • Like 1

This game eh...... This game !!!! ... ( harshly pinches and shakes games cheek ) .... This game truly is a massive shit sandwich. And I've been loving it for a long time now. Stay classy DAYZEERS.

• Like 1

DAY: (unknown) " Shit bro,  my bad! "

I linked up with some new casual people, another newbie like myself and veteran from the mod but new to the standalone.  It was at the airfield where we would practice our grouping skills together as we took over the airfield and barracks.  Now fully equipped we would decide to head into town, but it was then that someone says : "Dude, I feel nauseous".

What do you mean, you feel nauseous I ask wondering if he is needing to log any moment?

"Dude, I feel like I'm going to faint"

Again, I say now realizing he is talking in character: "What happened? Are you sick or bleeding?"

"Sick, I think I ate a bad can of beans a while back"

Laughing out loud, " Okay okay, so it sounds like he is about to faint so lets try to find some charcoal tablets or some antibiotics."

Now, the mission has become one of medical desperation instead of adventure.  We ransack all the nearby towns to no avail.  Finally, one of the new guys checks his pockets.. "Antibiotics? I have that!" "The Tricyclic antibiotics , right?"  To which he replied "Yes"

Well shit, Munch on that bro!..............munch.......munch.....munch...

"Nope, Im still sick!"  Haha,  Apparently our young inexperience is showing.  Food poisoning is best cured by CHARCOAL,,, not antibiotics.  Now our run has become more desperate as we try to locate a hospital hoping there is still some charcoal that has not been looted by rioting or rotting in the ruined mess.

I could have sworn I wasn't but a couple hundred meters from his location when I lost visual site of him.  "Im unconscious!" he says.  So now, Im trying to run around and find his passed out body somewhere because being the great nurse I am, I had brought a couple medkits with me and some IV Start kits, etc.  

Then out of the corner of my eye, a running backpack guy running past me not even hearing me.  I take no chances and call out on voice:

"FREEZE! STOP NOW! PUT YOUR HANDS IN THERE AND DROP YOUR WEAPON OR YOU WILL BE SHOT!"

silence..... though he does turn around.....

Still nothing... A weapon is in his hand!  Given my previous experiences.... I take no chances!!!  I unload about 5 bullets into his upper chest and he falls like a sack of potatoes.  I call out to my friends "I found someone, but I killed him"

The new guy in the group replies "Im dead!"

LOL SHIT man!!!  Why didnt you put your hands up in the air? Or say something in return?!!! Dont worry Bro, STAY WITH US!!! Dont leave us!!... I run over and pull out my emergency medical kit, but damnit I must have dropped the saline bag somewhere!

(You have not received a message for 1 second)

Shit, server restart. My bad bro!  Luckily he didnt hate me for that.

An ass move my friend an ass move....

It was Day4:

I logged in on a sunny mid-day to what I thought was an empty server and an empty airfield. I spent my previous four days dying in various ways and trying master some of the mechanics.

With a beautiful M4 in my hands, a sidearm, and a backpack, I was beginning to feel a sense that I could now adventure on my own and defend myself if needed. I traveled back south toward the Airfield knowing full well there could be other people there but with my refound sense of confidence, you could say; "I was looking for trouble".

I do my usually scouting routines prior to moving anywhere and I detect no movements.  Hangar, empty.  Building, hmm empty again.  Someone, must be nearby I think.  "I must keep my wits about me!"  Making my way cautiously toward the air tower and then slowly to the top I detect movement....

someone says:  "HEY HEY HEY! yo man Dont shoot, Im friendly!!!"

This is my actual first time talking with someone: "Dont worry man, I am friendly also".  Before, I could think of something clever to say he responds again...

"Yo man! Watch out is that your friend??!! Someones coming up the stairs?!"

Quickly, I join him on the top of the tower platform. Well, he sounds friendly at least...  Besides Id rather not get shot in the back.  I am now laying down expecting any moment someone to run up the stairs behind us both...

(You are being handcuffed)

I panic!!! Shit, what was the Stand button! What was the Run button!

( I am now handcuffed )

Someone does join us on the stairs, its HIS FRIEND.....

"Yo man, You got some nice Shit!". I plead in return; "Cmon man, I didnt shoot you guys just let me have my stuff and Ill be on my way".  They continue taunting me, "I don't know man, I dont trust you".  I say in return again hoping it will make a difference, "Cmon guys, I didnt shoot you. Please let me go". After a few tense moments something happens... My captors duck down, as do I and they say with fear in their voices "Someones coming up the stairs!!!"  My original captors now caught off guard turn to me and yell "Yo man, is this your friend?!!" "Yo man dont shoot us".  This new stranger, now on the platform with us and his weapon drawn, doesn't reply.  My captors call for him to identify himself again "Do you know each other?! Are you friendly?!"

I am still handcuffed and on my knees.  This new person now having failed to say a word turns to me....and without a notice, POW! I feel my backpack and arm rip from my shoulder! I scream in pain "DUDE! What the hell, I am handcuffed and unarmed!"

Even my captors as suprised as I was, "Dude what the F*** he just shot him!". It wasnt but another 3 seconds when the second click came..... then the black screen.  I was shot in the head.  Apparently, I should have just stayed in the woods.

----------------------

Apparently, I need a friend because if only I had some backup I might have survived this.

STEAM ID: Karmalious

In game name: Karma

Roleplay: HERO Ethics

About me:  31 y/o , Male , 420 friendly, US SERVERS! / Colorado

email: anesthesia2012@yahoo.com

Im not looking for a clan, but if there is another survivor or two finding themselves in a similar situation. Lets group up! I play HERO ethics...

Stop server hopping and play on 15-20 player servers, much more friendlies there. (should be hardcore too)