Sign in to follow this  
PetaWATT

Does work DayZ SA on SteamOS ?

Hello guys, i'm really a linux fan boy. And if you heard about steamOS (which is steam's operating system, about gaming makes FPS around %24 better) i want to now does dayz sa works on steamOS which is steamos based on linux that means does dayz sa works linux ?

If anyone heard about it i really wish to listen.

If it works i dont need even wait 1 more sec to remove this d@mn windows. ^_^

No, sadly there's no Linux version of dayz, the devs have hinted that they want to port it over at some point but it probably wont happen until the game hits its full release, so about a year from now.

• Like 1

No, sadly there's no Linux version of dayz, the devs have hinted that they want to port it over at some point but it probably wont happen until the game hits its full release, so about a year from now.

beta is about a year from now, not full release

oh, looks like i'm stucked in windows again :(

Thanks by the way.

you could try cedega (no clue if it's still called so). but since there's a pretty "bad" performance at the moment, mapping api's will end in probably very low fps.

Edited by Guest

Has anyone tried this using Steam through Wine?  Also, since the game requires Steam, has any tried making the installation work using Wine without the Steam for Wine?  I strayed away from Linux for a while, so my Wine skills aren't as good as they used to be, and I know looking at WineHQ, there isn't much positive feedback about getting the game to work, but I guess I was just wondering if anyone else has really done much.  Otherwise, I suppose us Linux/Mac OS users will just have to wait till later releases to see if they port over the installer to work with the other OS's.

Has anyone tried this using Steam through Wine?  Also, since the game requires Steam, has any tried making the installation work using Wine without the Steam for Wine?  I strayed away from Linux for a while, so my Wine skills aren't as good as they used to be, and I know looking at WineHQ, there isn't much positive feedback about getting the game to work, but I guess I was just wondering if anyone else has really done much.  Otherwise, I suppose us Linux/Mac OS users will just have to wait till later releases to see if they port over the installer to work with the other OS's.

I do see that for Ubuntu 13.10, the Standalone DayZ mod is rated gold.  But I don't see where they have the installation steps.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=29534

i tried it with STEAM IN HOME STREAMING yesterday.