Sign in to follow this  
sybelpwns

Is the experimental branch more 'friendly'? (bandits or not?)

I mean I want to get in the experimental branch servers but I really don't know what kind of attitude they have. I'm really interested to walk in Elektro and share opinions about new loot and stuff with other random guys, but yeah I think there are always KOS ppl around.

So, people in Experimental servers are more friendly? Or you need to cover yourself like a b*tch to avoid bandits?

there are no servers which are more or less friendly.

there is looganism happening all over. (looganism refers to fight club, KO punching, screaming in mic, etc)

KOS/banditry is not something that is curbed or adjusted depending on the server.

DayZ is a free for all, so just be aware of your surroundings. scout towns before entering, etc.

Or play second life or some other silly game if you want a sandbox without pvp kos

play on LOW pop servers if you want less crazyness, etc.

You will not find any less KOS people on EXP.

I think the experimental branch has an illusion of friendly due to gear being harder to acquire.  I'm finding that the easier it is to acquire gear the more asshats come out of the woodworks. 

• Like 1

Agreed...

No matter where you go, there are always douchebags.  I have only been "offed" once in experimental thus far, and 3 or 4 times in regular but its all based on who you run into.  I would say jump into the experimental if you want to enjoy the new features, but don't expect it to be all rosey and see groups of people holding hands skipping through the streets of Elektro ;)

I agree 100% with Caboose (who posted the same time as me) that the harder it is to get gear, the less asshats there are (which is why playing experimental on hardcore seems the way to go)

Edited by cuwe

Or play second life or some other silly game if you want a sandbox without pvp kos

Second Life isn't all that silly.

I used to gross $4,000 USD / month creating things for just five hours a week there.

What I made in Second Life was used to start up and fund my real world video production business. ;)

uhm, I think experimental servers are made to explore new patches or features and share opinions about new stuff incoming and maybe new bugs. It's not a great idea to play on experimental as your main server and snipe all along Elektro or military bases to get some kills on other players that want to go in experimental to discover these improvements too

I posted this thread just because I saw a video where players were sharing the blaze95 with no matters on an experimental server and i thought that would be really interesting. BUT always KoS <_<

Experimental is in some ways more difficult - people are desperate due to the lack of loot and thus, unpredictable behaviors. I've been KOS in all servers regardless - just a large portion of the game at the moment...

I found the experimental to be less friendly, but as always, on Hardcore experimental I meet more friendlies than on regular, and there is always less people on it.

I don't know, but I think people overestimate the threat of others. If you really just walk towards someone in open, they rarely attack you. At least that's what I've experienced. I haven't played normal servers much, only experimental, so I can't really tell. 

so basically hardcore servers are more friendly on experimental than regulars.. nice to know