Orgy (DayZ)

Suggestion for cutting down on bandits

OP made a nasty mistake of pinning this on the bandits. Logging out to avoid the zombies is pretty close to an exploit' date=' and it's not isolated to the example you made. Wether it is a person running with a train a Zs, then disconnecting->reconnecting to reset them when he reaches the building of his choice, or a player killing another and doing the same so he can safely loot, it's not okay and will likely get fixed eventually.

No matter if you're scavenging and PvP'ing, you should be forced to plan ahead and deal with any attention from Zs you pick up.

[/quote']

OP made a nasty mistake of pinning this on the bandits. Logging out to avoid the zombies is pretty close to an exploit' date=' and it's not isolated to the example you made. Wether it is a person running with a train a Zs, then disconnecting->reconnecting to reset them when he reaches the building of his choice, or a player killing another and doing the same so he can safely loot, it's not okay and will likely get fixed eventually.

No matter if you're scavenging and PvP'ing, you should be forced to plan ahead and deal with any attention from Zs you pick up.

[/quote']

You're right. I perhaps shouldn't have pinned it on the bandits. They all seem to have come in crying about how they should have it as easy as they have without even really reading the thread. We've also gotten way off topic, and I thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Fact is it's an exploit, and if fixed it will cut down on survival time of both survivors and bandits.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10171 - Posting rules & regulations' date=' give them a read

http://dayzmod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7 - Suggestions forum, for posting suggestions

[/quote']

Honestly, I looked for that forum and didn't find it. Is there a way I can move it there or shall I just wait for a mod to come in and move it?

So it's not actually the "mindless killing" that you have a problem with' date=' it's moreso the ones WITH a mind than you're afraid of.

Well, too bad. Adapt and survive or die over and over again.[/quote']

So much for "free to play however you want"

This is exactly the forced banditry I'm talking about.

Also, the problem isn't the 1% of Bandits with an actual mind, it's the 99% that shut their brain OFF and just "herp derp kills for lulz" to stick to the mentality level.

I'm personally shocked that Terror or anyone would suggest that if something like this were too happen that people would kill over a can of beans and stuff...Really?

People in the real world aren't a bunch of murderers and psychopaths without emotions, no matter how hard you think you are after playing a simulation of such a event over the internet.

Sure, if your mind was clouded from severe starvation, fear and other emotions then yes, if you lost your mind then maybe you'd do stuff like that...but insanity and "people in real life would kill on sight for a can of beans" are two different things.

Heck, in real life you wouldn't even shoot someone for a can of beans, why the hell would you? And attract a huge horde of zombies? It wouldn't be worth it...in real life you'd play it smart and you couldn't just disconnect to remove agro from the zombies.

No matter if you're scavenging and PvP'ing' date=' you should be forced to plan ahead and deal with any attention from Zs you pick up.

[/quote']

He has every right to pin it on Bandits, all things considered. Survivors play DayZ for the survival aspect, whereas most (but not all) bandits play DayZ because it's "just a game"

The odds of someone immersing themself in the DayZ universe then turning around and breaking said immersion is extremely low.

But, if you're some PvPers that doesn't give a shit? It's the easiest way to avoid losing your "killstreak"

Extremely valid point.

That's a pathetic argument from a griefer.

Call me whatever you want. Your ridiculous labels are as empty as all the facts you put forth as evidence in your misguided quest against PvP in this game.

I've murdered ~5 people in the last month. Roughly one per week. I suppose you can call me a "griefer" if it really makes you feel better and though "pathetic" is a bit harsh I'll let you have that one too because I really don't give a shit anyway.

Survivors are not free to play a surviving game because there's no survival to be had. Survivors are forced to be victims because the only other alternative is banditry.

So just so we're clear you are saying that Survivors can't Survive because Bandits make it too hard to Survive?

Is that REALLY your argument? That it's no fun to survive because there are people who try to make it hard to survive?

And you want us to have a serious discussion with you about the future of the game?

I try so hard to remain civil in these discussions but at some point it just becomes so easy to say a bunch of nasty things about how ass-backwards your logic is and leave it at that.

Bandits make it hard to survive. If you want a challenging survival game' date=' you should thank the bandits[/b'].

But, you don't. You don't actually want a survival challenge. You want predictable enemies. You want certainty. You want DEFINED safety and security. No more of this not sure what lurks around the corner for you. You want RED NAMES over bandits heads so you can go the other direction and pick flowers or some ridiculous shit.

How is that not forcing PvP down someone's throat?

You are free to avoid it. If you cannot figure out how to avoid people who want to kill you then you are not a very good survivor. So, get better at surviving and earn the name for once.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10171 - Posting rules & regulations' date=' give them a read

http://dayzmod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7 - Suggestions forum, for posting suggestions

[/quote']

That avatar... Do you work for like a paint company?

My fiancée and I have been looking at paint for like a week. Your avatar haunts me.

So just so we're clear you are saying that Survivors can't Survive because Bandits make it too hard to Survive?

You are free to avoid it. If you cannot figure out how to avoid people who want to kill you then you are not a very good survivor. So' date=' get better at surviving and earn the name for once.

[/quote']

You are not free to avoid bandits or PvP in DayZ, and there is no countering a bandit either. The only option is to hide in a house and starve to death, AND EVEN THEN they can just ghost into the house and shoot you.

Survivors cannot survive because PvP freaks make it impossible. There is no redeeming value in the actual survival because at ANY time a PvPer has not only the ability, power, and imbalance, but the absolute safety of taking away everything while fearing no reprisal, repercussions, or consequences. It is all the power without any of the drawbacks. That does not make it TOO HARD to survive, that makes it pointless and impossible.

Not from a difficulty standpoint, but a glass ceiling standpoint. You've heard of the glass ceiling in gender inequality, well this is the glass ceiling of DayZ. Where the only way to progress past the basics is to move to banditry. If this were a singleplayer game, that wouldn't be a problem, but DayZ talks about freedom and no barriers...well there it is.

[/quote']

That avatar... Do you work for like a paint company?

My fiancée and I have been looking at paint for like a week. Your avatar haunts me.

I know that feeling, nothing like having an entire table full of swatches and a woman nagging you to choose between lemon creme & sangria sunrise. Rather hit my dick with a tack hammer than do that again.

I think the strongest point here is that it's a simulation and people like immersion. Immersion is broken when everyone shoots on sight, that makes it feel like a death match.

In the real world we're not all a bunch of psychopaths...if this were too ever happen even suggesting 10% of people would shoot on sight would be completely insane.

But removing bandits altogether is too break the immersion even more because some people would shoot for someone's things...or because they've lost their mind. Keep in mind that no one in this thread too my knowledge has actually said remove PVP altogether seriously, only methods too tone it down.

We come online on the Internet too play online games too interact with others, socially. We play multiplayer games to have these interactions. These are friendly, helpful and all sorts...if it was a MMO it would be too gain loot and show off to others and since this game has looting mechanics, this is also part of those interactions.

PVP is also part of the interaction but it isn't the main part...if it was we'd be playing a huge deathmatch and clearly the many thousands of people who installed this after watching cooperative playthroughs on the Internet didn't want this.

So yes, too much aggressive behaviour from other players breaks realism, immersion and overall enjoyment. I myself don't really play competitive games but I enjoy Zombie games and Survival games. I think anyone is fair in saying toning it down isn't unreasonable because if everyone's aggressive and acts like a psychopath in a game then it's not so enjoyable but this behaviour is forced on people because they have been killed in the past and find it easier to just very easily kill someone with a single or two bullets than having too deal with another player in a online game involving social interaction...oh dear.

It's sort of like playing an anti-hero in Champions Online...

Suddenly everyone starts doing it because it's "cool" and the game doesn't feel very heroic anymore, too many "dark" freaks ruining the whole concept of heroes.

You are not free to avoid bandits or PvP in DayZ' date=' and there is no countering a bandit either.

[/quote']

Honestly it seems like your main problem is that you are not very skilled at this game. You claim to want a "survival challenge" but only if it comes from scripted, AI-driven mindless drones. You're not willing to accept a survival challenge in the form of human intelligence because you apparently "can't counter" it? Really? Your bullets don't work against bandits? You don't have access to the same loot they do? They aren't operating under the same rules as you? Are they invisible on your screen? Invincible? Special bandit-only body armor? What isi t? They have some kind of special magical powers that you don't possess?

You're a coward is what it comes down to. You want to face predictable, dumb enemies because you're afraid of being beaten by enemies that have real brains.

I would suggest Left 4 Dead but those zombies are pretty smart. You should play Plants vs. Zombies. Those guys just walk in a straight line right into your guns and the graphics are colorful and everything.

So yes' date=' too much aggressive behaviour from other players breaks realism, immersion and overall enjoyment.

[/quote']

FOR YOU. Don't forget that little detail.

I love the immersion, realism and overall enjoyment that comes from the constant threat of attack by bandits. It makes the smallest tasks in the game feel important and exciting. It means my heart is always racing, even if I'm just trying to grab a can of beans from the grocery store. It means everything I accomplish has meaning because I might have been killed at any moment.

I think the strongest point here is that it's a simulation and people like immersion. Immersion is broken when everyone shoots on sight' date=' that makes it feel like a death match.[/quote']

My immersion isn't.

In the real world we're not all a bunch of psychopaths...if this were too ever happen even suggesting 10% of people would shoot on sight would be completely insane.

We may not all be psychopaths, but you'd be surprised what mankind is capable of without a system of punishment/law.

But removing bandits altogether is too break the immersion even more because some people would shoot for someone's things...or because they've lost their mind. Keep in mind that no one in this thread too my knowledge has actually said remove PVP altogether seriously, only methods too tone it down.

PVP doesn't need to be touched at all, PVE just needs to be tuned so that it's more lucrative.

We come online on the Internet too play online games too interact with others, socially. We play multiplayer games to have these interactions. These are friendly, helpful and all sorts...if it was a MMO it would be too gain loot and show off to others and since this game has looting mechanics, this is also part of those interactions.

Then I think you might be better off somewhere else, the elimination of direct chat is the start of making this games atmosphere feel very bleak and lonely. We play multiplayer because the human element is an unpredictable one.

PVP is also part of the interaction but it isn't the main part...if it was we'd be playing a huge deathmatch and clearly the many thousands of people who installed this after watching cooperative playthroughs on the Internet didn't want this.

It's a side effect of it's popularity. It's also not nearly as big of a problem as people make it out to be. Bandits are far and few between.

So yes, too much aggressive behaviour from other players breaks realism, immersion and overall enjoyment. I myself don't really play competitive games but I enjoy Zombie games and Survival games. I think anyone is fair in saying toning it down isn't unreasonable because if everyone's aggressive and acts like a psychopath in a game then it's not so enjoyable but this behaviour is forced on people because they have been killed in the past and find it easier to just very easily kill someone with a single or two bullets than having too deal with another player in a online game involving social interaction...oh dear.

What you play and enjoy is of little concern, obviously, to everyone else, and the devs included. From what you've stated, this is obviously not your type of game, and instead of adapting your playstyle, you want the game to adapt to you. This is the key problem that comes across in every single complaint thread about PvP.

You are not free to avoid bandits or PvP in DayZ' date=' and there is no countering a bandit either.

[/quote']

Honestly it seems like your main problem is that you are not very skilled at this game. You claim to want a "survival challenge" but only if it comes from scripted, AI-driven mindless drones. You're not willing to accept a survival challenge in the form of human intelligence because you apparently "can't counter" it? Really? Your bullets don't work against bandits? You don't have access to the same loot they do? They aren't operating under the same rules as you? Are they invisible on your screen? Invincible? Special bandit-only body armor? What isi t? They have some kind of special magical powers that you don't possess?

You're a coward is what it comes down to. You want to face predictable, dumb enemies because you're afraid of being beaten by enemies that have real brains.

I would suggest Left 4 Dead but those zombies are pretty smart. You should play Plants vs. Zombies. Those guys just walk in a straight line right into your guns and the graphics are colorful and everything.

So yes' date=' too much aggressive behaviour from other players breaks realism, immersion and overall enjoyment.

[/quote']

FOR YOU. Don't forget that little detail.

I love the immersion, realism and overall enjoyment that comes from the constant threat of attack by bandits. It makes the smallest tasks in the game feel important and exciting. It means my heart is always racing, even if I'm just trying to grab a can of beans from the grocery store. It means everything I accomplish has meaning because I might have been killed at any moment.

Instead of resorting too insults and making yourself look both immature and foolish, you should think into what he's saying.

Yes, it's a little extreme what some of his points are and some are exaggerated but I get his point.

For example, you could be shot down and sniped from any point anywhere without any defence. In ARMA 2 you can't really see where the bullets coming from and heck, even the sound positioning is off. Sometimes you don't even see a bullet or hear a sound, you're just instantly dead, knocked unconscious or whatever else happens to you.

People can camp like this, there's nothing too stop them you can't defend yourself against someone like that. You dropping too the floor won't save you either and unless you're near some buildings and the person after you misses, you can possibly hide for some cover but ultimately be at a huge disadvantage of what to do, where the shots coming from or how too fight back.

Personally, I would call that cowardly shooting but clearly from your typing you wouldn't call it that. He has a point none the less, there is absolutely no skill involved at all by being killed from someone far ranged or from a unknown location because the majority of times you can't defend yourself. Generally the person who shoots first gets the kill and really I don't know if there's a way too fix this style of gameplay or if it should be fixed...I just hope that people won't be like that while I'm playing the game and sadly, some are.

I think the strongest point here is that it's a simulation and people like immersion. Immersion is broken when everyone shoots on sight' date=' that makes it feel like a death match.[/quote']

My immersion isn't.

We may not all be psychopaths, but you'd be surprised what mankind is capable of without a system of punishment/law.

PVP doesn't need to be touched at all, PVE just needs to be tuned so that it's more lucrative.

Then I think you might be better off somewhere else, the elimination of direct chat is the start of making this games atmosphere feel very bleak and lonely. We play multiplayer because the human element is an unpredictable one.

It's a side effect of it's popularity. It's also not nearly as big of a problem as people make it out to be. Bandits are far and few between.

What you play and enjoy is of little concern, obviously, to everyone else, and the devs included. From what you've stated, this is obviously not your type of game, and instead of adapting your playstyle, you want the game to adapt to you. This is the key problem that comes across in every single complaint thread about PvP.

You're speaking for everyone here. Your idea of "we" isn't everyone's idea. Stop getting them mixed up, you aren't the world after all and people have different opinions.

My idea of this game is however I like it to be. You can't tell me to stop playing, you're forcing this forced vision of "this game is like this, you can't change it, leave" like so many others are in this forum so really, my respect for you has dropped and until you realise that this game isn't how you say it is the better your opinion on things will be. My concern may be interesting too someone else, just like in real life, not everyone is ignorant, not everyone is a psychopath. Stop putting everyone into one basket.

He has every right to pin it on Bandits' date=' all things considered. Survivors play DayZ for the survival aspect, whereas most (but not all) bandits play DayZ because it's "just a game"

The odds of someone immersing themself in the DayZ universe then turning around and breaking said immersion is extremely low.

But, if you're some PvPers that doesn't give a shit? It's the easiest way to avoid losing your "killstreak"

[/quote']

There are plenty of bandits in the game and right here on this forum that appreciate their immersion and play to survive. As for the DC/RC approach I've seen this happen a ton of times, and most of them have been PvE situations. This is not something that is a trademark of either the survivor or the bandit camp, it's an exploit, panic button, cheap gameplay. It's a "player" thing, not a "bandit" thing.

That's a pathetic argument from a griefer.

Call me whatever you want. Your ridiculous labels are as empty as all the facts you put forth as evidence in your misguided quest against PvP in this game.

I've murdered ~5 people in the last month. Roughly one per week. I suppose you can call me a "griefer" if it really makes you feel better and though "pathetic" is a bit harsh I'll let you have that one too because I really don't give a shit anyway.

Survivors are not free to play a surviving game because there's no survival to be had. Survivors are forced to be victims because the only other alternative is banditry.

Is that REALLY your argument? That it's no fun to survive because there are people who try to make it hard to survive?

And you want us to have a serious discussion with you about the future of the game?

I try so hard to remain civil in these discussions but at some point it just becomes so easy to say a bunch of nasty things about how ass-backwards your logic is and leave it at that.

Bandits make it hard to survive. If you want a challenging survival game' date=' you should thank the bandits[/b'].

But, you don't. You don't actually want a survival challenge. You want predictable enemies. You want certainty. You want DEFINED safety and security. No more of this not sure what lurks around the corner for you. You want RED NAMES over bandits heads so you can go the other direction and pick flowers or some ridiculous shit.

How is that not forcing PvP down someone's throat?

You are free to avoid it. If you cannot figure out how to avoid people who want to kill you then you are not a very good survivor. So, get better at surviving and earn the name for once.

You're absolutely right. Bandits make it a challenge and fun. However, too many bandits make people not want to play it. I don't mind running into the occasional bandit and being forced to make some diversion so that I can either escape or get a good shot on him. That's fun. But I'd also like to be able to run into other players without immediately having to shoot them if they've seen me out of fear that they'll shoot me.

You know what I mean?

[/quote']

God, you're beautiful. We need to group up sometime, we could water the fields of Chernarus with the tears.

Instead of resorting too insults and making yourself look both immature and foolish' date=' you should think into what he's saying.

[/quote']

I've thought into what he's saying. He's been saying the same drivel for weeks on end. I've argued every angle and he just sits there like a broken record. Insults are all I have left, I'm sorry.

Why he hasn't left for another game is what I can't figure out. It's like he went into a restaurant and found out he didn't like anything on the menu and instead of going to find another restaurant he chained himself to the table and started shouting at the chef and waitstaff.

Instead of resorting too insults and making yourself look both immature and foolish' date=' you should think into what he's saying.

[/quote']

I've thought into what he's saying. He's been saying the same drivel for weeks on end. I've argued every angle and he just sits there like a broken record. Insults are all I have left, I'm sorry.

Why he hasn't left for another game is what I can't figure out. It's like he went into a restaurant and found out he didn't like anything on the menu and instead of going to find another restaurant he chained himself to the table and started shouting at the chef and waitstaff.

Because I know something can be salvaged from DayZ and that it can be more than a mindless kill on sight fest for lazy-ass players ruining the gaming industry. And until rocket comes out and says it, DayZ is more than ArmA2 with zombies. Yet you continuously point out that "it's a game, live with it"

You're no better than the casuals and the mainstream that you jump on for whining about PvP. You don't see DayZ as anything more than a shooting gallery, and if you did you would be a WHOLE lot more inclined to look at this situation and realize DayZ is going to continue to be a joke until we find some mechanic to stop the deathmatching.

I'm just as sick of casual games and easy mode shovelware as any self-proclaimed "elitist" on this forum. The only difference is that I also want intelligence and immersion in my games, and if that means getting rid of the people to finally have some kind of intelligence, so be it. At least, at the end of the day, I can say I was against what turned DayZ into "that zombie deathmatch mod on ArmA2"

I'm the kind of person that gets pissed off when people spike the gamma on Amnesia and call people that get scared "pansies"

I'm the kind of person that looks at E3 and goes "what the hell?" because the biggest titles are just sequels

I'm the kind of person that watches boiled down, arcadey games take over the industry while my gems from the past remain completely ignored because there's not a mainstream market.

I am a damn gamer, and I care about the quality of what I play, and you bet I'm going to defend what I find interesting to the end. I see a problem, I see DayZ falling apart because the community is too basic and immature to treat the game with some respect, and if it continues the game will be pointless. If it's stupid to defend something and demand a little respect for it, then what the hell is the point of living?

[/quote']

Because you can like some elements of a game and hate others, sort of like a piece of art and there's just that little smudge on it that disappoints you...it doesn't make you immediately hate the entire thing and just give up on it...well not everyone has that logic.

No offence but I see you post a lot on these forums just too bash at others, as if complaining is a crime when people are giving feedback and their opinion on what they dislike about the game, in its alpha stage, in hopes that it would improve. If no one complained about anything then nothing would get done, feedback is good...what I hate is people who complain about complainers...telling people "if you don't like it leave" and visa versa. Why not just have a normal discussion? I've complained about side channel being gone too have someone call anyone who likes talking in this game "retarded".

Of course you can't stop this type of negativity but seriously, if you have the brains too pull out decent sentences then just discuss something instead of insulting people, yes it get's annoying and some posts deserve it I guess but honestly he has a valid point it's just not said in the best way. There's a thread called "fuck the players on this game" or something like that where this guy has completely raged and insulted people and everything but funnily enough he has said some valid points he just hasn't said them in the right way. Doesn't mean everyone should insult him back though, even though they have...It just helps to try and see everyone's side of thinking and if you disagree you can discuss, no?

I don't look at it as a bandit issue but the idea that there is no effect on being a mass murder and to me Bandits are not that. Bandits are more about self preservation and they would group up with others who are liked minds but they would also be very cautious of their fellow team unless they know them in real life,...but still

We just need a mechanics that shows trauma of killing so many players.

But if something is placed in for this - then there needs a way to also remove the trauma, just like you can lose a temp but you can also gain it back....but if your temp drops to low to long - you get sick but even then you can get something to cure that.

The mechanic should be something that team of players can't exploit....example

You kill player= humanity lowers--then you bandage a team member and gain humanity back,..

The mechanic should be something like the temp, something that's there but not punishing till you do heavy amount of killing.

If they can write a code for a check on the distance from the player who kills the other player--this could mean the further you are and shoot another player- the more larger effect of this mechanic. Since sniping a player is usually more planned then bumping into another player in a room and then both of you shoot due to fear and the heat of the moment. Snipers are planning a shoot in many case against a player who they don't have to kill.

You don't see DayZ as anything more than a shooting gallery

Have you read any of my posts on this forum in its entirety? Do you ever get past the first few sentences? I even took a screenshot for you of the 2 murders I've had in the past 19 days' date=' but you simply ignore it. It's like you can't believe that someone might not want to ENGAGE in unrestricted PvP while simultaneously supporting its presence in the game.

Should I say it again? DayZ is more than a shooting gallery to me. I avoid zombies and players alike. I play to survive and I'm doing a damn good job of it with 1 death in the last 32 days or so. 300+ hours in the game and less than 10 murders total, probably? I don't hunt players - though I'll kill them if they come near me or my possessions including any of the many vehicles I have repaired and/or stolen.

Yet, everything I've done in the game has been more interesting because at any moment I might have been attacked by another player out for blood. Every second in the game is intense precisely because I'm not sure whether or not I'm being hunted by a homicidal maniac.

I'm just as sick of casual games and easy mode shovelware as any self-proclaimed "elitist" on this forum. The only difference is that I also want intelligence and immersion in my games

You're still not quite getting what I'm driving at with the comparison between zombies and bandits. Let me try again:

You are okay with mindless killing machines as long as they are run by the computer and AI scripts. That's fine. Once those enemies take on a human intelligence, however, as they have in DayZ - you now claim lack of immersion and game-breaking issues.

So, no. You DON'T want intelligence in your games. You want to remove it. You don't want to face it because by your own admission you "can't counter it" for some reason (isn't that the whole idea behind tactics?).

Can you explain to me why hordes and hordes of mindless killing machines is okay when it's AI, but abhorrent when its humans? Why one challenge that's predictable and repetitive and technically difficult is preferable over a human challenge that is unpredictable, dynamic, ever-changing and absolutely tech-free because it only relies on the glory of the human mind?

Don't you see? People complain all the time like "That game's okay but the AI sucks." Well, guess what the best AI ever is? Just regular old I. Nothing artificial about it. Just like the zombies, their singular mission is to take your life - but unlike the zombies you can't trick them by running into a building or hiding behind a tree and they're not going to just stand still and line up and let you shoot them one at a time.

I know, I know. Enemies that can think and adapt and challenge you in unexpected ways are SCARY. I get that. But they are infinitely more interesting than the brain-dead zombies. No matter how many hundreds of hours the team pours into designing a zombie AI it will never be as compelling as facing off against a real human mind. rocket understands that, and that is why he is holding on to PvP, unrestricted, pure and raw.

I'm the kind of person that looks at E3 and goes "what the hell?" because the biggest titles are just sequels.

Yet, every single suggestion you have supported from bringing back side chat to curbing PvP would actually take DayZ further away from being unique and bring it closer to those mainstream sequels. You're a poser, dude. DayZ is innovating and you want to dial it back and maintain the status quo, and you act like YOU'RE the one defending its purity. DayZ is doing fine without your help. The intensity that comes from facing off against human opponents in an unrestricted environment is precisely it's most important element both thematically and game play-wise and you are in here every day trying to poke holes in it and rip it to shreds and it makes me want to slap your silly face.

To be perfectly honest if Day Z is narrowing itself down too its smaller community and not widening out towards simple solutions that would make more people happy overall, then no I wouldn't agree that it's doing fine and criticism from people like him or anyone is helpful. No one has too remove things entirely but pushing it to become a super hardcore game that only a few enjoy doesn't make it better.

For example, removing side chat is something "new" and not mainstream? Games for Windows Live game's are notorious for the majority of them not being able too chat to other players on a keyboard because they are xbox ports, I'd call it a downgrade more than anything. You could solve both parties problems by having optional servers with chat on or off and additionally the ability too turn off chat in game on the players whim. That solves both people's problems and no one has too complain about it.

Same solutions can be made without drastic change for other problems as well, such as the bandit one...although that one is a lot more complex of course but generally, if games are ruthless towards the player then the community is smaller, people get bored or fed up easier, frustrated and so on..it's human nature and sure, communities like that live on in smaller gatherings but I would again by no means call that successful.

It is a alpha and I hope that the changes and improvements coming do stretch out towards more players because more people being happy is better but yeah, I feel like this discussion is going off topic and less about the bandits and more towards both of your opinions of each other...which, by the way, are false because you can't tell anyone what they're like in a game, you can assume but nothing more.

Yet' date=' every single suggestion you have supported from bringing back side chat to curbing PvP would actually take DayZ further away from being unique and bring it closer to those mainstream sequels. You're a poser, dude. DayZ is innovating and you want to dial it back and maintain the status quo, and you act like YOU'RE the one defending its purity. DayZ is doing fine without your help. The intensity that comes from facing off against human opponents in an unrestricted environment is precisely it's most important element both thematically and game play-wise and you are in here every day trying to poke holes in it and rip it to shreds and it makes me want to slap your silly face.

[/quote']

I have never supported bringing side chat back. The kill on sight mentality is the TRADEMARK of mainstream FPS games, it is not innovating any more than adding more bells and whistles to killing. Whether you have 2 kills or 20 kills, you're still supporting a binary system of "see person, shoot for points"

If THIS is innovation, if THIS is what makes DayZ so popular, it's no wonder Call of Duty is the highest grossing FPS.

So screw it, you can have DayZ just like you have every other FPS on the market. You can shut off your humanity and kill people because it's cool. You can tell rocket that this is something new while hiding behind a corner and camping for the next player to run around while you call in air support from bandit buddies. You can ignore thinking about situations and move straight on to fantasies where everyone is psychotic and nobody has a heart.

Do you feel happy knowing that you can finally have all the random deathmatching, brainless trolling, and bigotry you want? Because when games finally do collapse, when innovation is entirely lost on the industry, and when you're sitting there with nothing left to do but kill people, the real victims will be us. The original gamers. The ones that played with friends in arcades and watched as our favorite pastime was turned into a mindless kill-box for socially inept, angst driven people. Rocket finally came out and admitted that he's supporting this mindless and senseless killing, so there...it's over.

Where does the intelligent and decent gamers go? Nowhere at this point. There's nowhere for them TO go. You've proven the gaming society doesn't want them anymore. You and the rest of the internet alienate those with enough drive to stand up for what they believe in, even if it's to go against the collective. So what if they don't always make points that completely make sense, at least they're trying to do it without using memes. You have shown and proven that the days of what gamers consider to be pinnacles are now over, replaced by dry, one-dimensional forums with guns. You've proven that people who enjoyed the originals that made gaming stand out from Michael Bay films are a dying breed.

Have fun with your 4chan, enjoy it while it lasts. It won't be long before we're all fighting internet censorship under the pretense that we're too uncivilized to go unwatched. At the end of the day, you'll have nobody but yourself to blame. Yes, that has been my goal this entire time, to add some civility to these forums. That meant getting rid of what was hurting it, and that meant going against the collective and finding some way to pull people out. Clearly, that isn't what anyone wants in this forum, they just want to spout memes and laugh at people having difficulty. That isn't gaming, these are not gamers. They're bullies, every last one. They have no right to be pandered to because they make everyday living a living Hell for whoever they want. DayZ has pandered to everyone, only to be abused by bullies. Not enjoyed by gamers, but ridiculed and picked apart until all that's left is the same mindless fragging they do everywhere else.